Pages: [1] 2

Charter Ratification Discussion

Svipjoth
  • Former Citizen
  • For the Honor and the Glory
  • Exactly what it sounds like: this topic is for discussing suggestions or polls for the charter. If you have questions about the charter or have a suggestion to change it, please place those comments here!
    Svipjoth
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Kasten
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • Flag Designer; Pop Culture Connoisseur
  • Exactly what it sounds like: this topic is for discussing suggestions or polls for the charter. If you have questions about the charter or have a suggestion to change it, please place those comments here!
    Make every RP canon unless otherwise specified 
    1 person likes this post: Svipjoth
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Additionally, I wanted to invite you all to a charter ratification that I am considering: in summary, I am considering imposing a "time limit" on official roleplays, meaning that they will close at a certain point (monthly closing at the end of the month and event closing a few days after the event). I am considering this measure in order to encourage roleplay variety and discourage roleplay stagnation. Member-created roleplays will not be affected by this measure. If you have an opinion on the matter, please check out the poll that is located in the Rollspelskra Charter topic and make sure to post any commentary in the Charter Ratification Discussion! This poll will remain open for a week.
    Sorry if this is the wrong topic to post about this, I wasn't sure if this went here or in the charter topic with the poll.

It's hard to say whether any particular RP will be over with by the end of the month...maybe people moved on and it's dead in two weeks. Maybe it's still very active, and I don't think anyone would want to cut a RP because it's been exactly a month. Perhaps a more flexible arrangement would be to close RPs after they've been inactive for so long. That way, you're not risking cutting off an active RP but you're not leaving it open for people to resurrect long after everyone else has moved on, either.
    2 people like this post: taulover, Svipjoth

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Svipjoth
  • Former Citizen
  • Sorry if this is the wrong topic to post about this, I wasn't sure if this went here or in the charter topic with the poll.

It's hard to say whether any particular RP will be over with by the end of the month...maybe people moved on and it's dead in two weeks. Maybe it's still very active, and I don't think anyone would want to cut a RP because it's been exactly a month. Perhaps a more flexible arrangement would be to close RPs after they've been inactive for so long. That way, you're not risking cutting off an active RP but you're not leaving it open for people to resurrect long after everyone else has moved on, either.
    That's an excellent point. While I do want to avoid spam-like replies to a roleplay after it has concluded, I also don't want to discourage roleplay that extends further than a month... I think I'll suspend the poll and then figure out exactly what that timeframe needs to be before resuming it.
    And yes, this is the right topic :p
    What would be the purpose of this change? The reason why I made it alternate reality default is that for some nations, they want to participate in a roleplay, but don't want it to mess with their history, especially if it concerns the past, like an 1800s war.
    Svipjoth
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Kasten
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • Sorry if this is the wrong topic to post about this, I wasn't sure if this went here or in the charter topic with the poll.

That's an excellent point. While I do want to avoid spam-like replies to a roleplay after it has concluded, I also don't want to discourage roleplay that extends further than a month... I think I'll suspend the poll and then figure out exactly what that timeframe needs to be before resuming it.
    And yes, this is the right topic :p
    What would be the purpose of this change? The reason why I made it alternate reality default is that for some nations, they want to participate in a roleplay, but don't want it to mess with their history, especially if it concerns the past, like an 1800s war.
    As I’ve said before, it doesn’t make sense for rpk rps (which will eventually be all rps) to mostly be non-canon. Let’s take the terrorism RP. This doesn’t really affect nations in a way that would break their lore. And outside of specific rps, most rps wouldn’t. Also, you could always just not participate if you were worried about it breaking your lore.
    Or we could do what Dash suggested and clarify this for every RP 
    2 people like this post: Holy Spire, Svipjoth
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Svipjoth
  • Former Citizen
  • As I’ve said before, it doesn’t make sense for rpk rps (which will eventually be all rps) to mostly be non-canon. Let’s take the terrorism RP. This doesn’t really affect nations in a way that would break their lore. And outside of specific rps, most rps wouldn’t. Also, you could always just not participate if you were worried about it breaking your lore.
    Or we could do what Dash suggested and clarify this for every RP
    The main point of roleplays defaulting to alternate reality is to allow anyone in the guild to be included... For me, I am selective about what I do and don't want to be a part of my nation history. Something on the sillier side, such as the tooth fairy incident (in my opinion), is a roleplay that I would not participate in for more than just a single post, because I personally don't want it to be a part of my nation's grand scheme history.

Keep in mind too that there's no prohibition on canon roleplays. They are just as welcomed as non-canon roleplays, it just has to be specified.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Svipjoth
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Kasten
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • Also, I think that the person who suggests the monthly RP gets to write the introduction/manage the RP. However, they should be able to opt out, in which case either Svip or a volunteer would take control of the RP

And I agree with Wintermoot on the second point
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Svipjoth
  • Former Citizen
  • Also, I think that the person who suggests the monthly RP gets to write the introduction/manage the RP. However, they should be able to opt out, in which case either Svip or a volunteer would take control of the RP
    I like that idea, a lot. Since they suggested it, they would have a better idea as to how to construct the introduction or prompt for the rp. We'll vote on that after we vote on the roleplay expiration.
    Svipjoth
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Kasten
      Wintreath Nation
    Marzipan
  • Former Citizen
  • Oh to be awake but still blissfully dreaming
  • I agree with Wintermoot’s point and Kiddian’s most recent point

Regional Resume
    Citizen: June 28, 2019-  the Schism and then March 4, 2022 to Present

Member of the Noble House of Eske
    Operator: December 30th, 2022 - Present
    Jarl of Culture: September 15th, 2022 - Present
    Ambassador to Forest and Europeia (since Sept 2022)
    Creator of the Dungeon Masters (Est. April 2022)
    Creator and Co-Host of the Dungeon Tourneys (CAHpocalypse - May 2022)
    Wintreath's Finest x5 (July 2019, March 2022, April 2022, Mid-Year 2022, Year 2022)
    Wintreath’s Most Mentioned
    Spirit of Wintreath Mid-Year 2022 and Year 2022

Formerly:
    Hearthkeeper: March 12, 2022 - December 28th, 2022
    Thane of Foreign Releases: September 8th, 2022 - December 8th, 2022
    Thane of Gaming: March 20th, 2022 - September 15th, 2022
    Co-Host of Werewolf XXVII: A Golden Affair
    Skrifa/Speaker Pro Tempore of the 36th Underhusen
    Former Ambassador to Sonindia and the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Member of the Noble House of Kaizer and the joint Noble House of Valeria-Jormunr
    Marzipan
    • Oh to be awake but still blissfully dreaming
    • Wintreath's Official Julia Child
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Them/Theirs
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
  • Former Citizen
  • 沈黙した
  • Random potentially stupid question. Are these RPs all like NationStates adjacent or can I or anyone else or whatever host stupid Harry Potter RPs 

I kinda miss my old RP message boards but those were never tied to NS lol
    3 people like this post: taulover, Svipjoth, TGN
    ❤️ Caitlin ❤️
    I want you to fall hardest of all saying my name or nothing at all.
    "Neon is genuinely exhausting to read"
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
    • 沈黙した
    • International Trans Girl Icon
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Orientation
      People
      Wintreath Nation
    Waggleton
  • Former Citizen
  • Retribution!
  • Random potentially stupid question. Are these RPs all like NationStates adjacent or can I or anyone else or whatever host stupid Harry Potter RPs

yeah basically any rp is allowed, if you wanna join RPK there's a google form and a rp thing you'll have to respond to as a test (unless you're already in ofc)
    Today's post is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends, one of the biggest mobile role-playing games of 2019 and it's totally free! Currently almost 10 million users have joined Raid over the last six months, and it's one of the most impressive games in its class with detailed models, environments and smooth 60 frames per second animations! All the champions in the game can be customized with unique gear that changes your strategic buffs and abilities! The dungeon bosses have some ridiculous skills of their own and figuring out the perfect party and strategy to overtake them's a lot of fun! Currently with over 300,000 reviews, Raid has almost a perfect score on the Play Store! The community is growing fast and the highly anticipated new faction wars feature is now live, you might even find my squad out there in the arena! It's easier to start now than ever with rates program for new players you get a new daily login reward for the first 90 days that you play in the game! So what are you waiting for? Go to the post description, click on the special links and you'll get 50,000 silver and a free epic champion as part of the new player program to start your journey! Good luck and I'll see you there!
    Waggleton
    • Retribution!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction

Any RPs.  Member made ones can be whatever you want to host which don't have to be NS tied, and likewise RPK monthly ones can be non-NS related if they're suggested and decided on via a vote by RPK members.

I'll also concur with Moot that I support deadlines for inactive RPs, but not deadlines for inactive ones.

If the worry is an active official RP overshadowing the new one, perhaps they can simply be moved at the end of the month to the Member RP area where they can continue while the new monthly official RP is set up.

Likewise, inactive/finished RPs can be moved to an archived RPs forum so we keep the channels clean.
    2 people like this post: taulover, Svipjoth
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 05:05:50 PM by Michi »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Svipjoth
  • Former Citizen
  • If the worry is an active official RP overshadowing the new one, perhaps they can simply be moved at the end of the month to the Member RP area where they can continue while the new monthly official RP is set up.

Likewise, inactive/finished RPs can be moved to an archived RPs forum so we keep the channels clean.
    These are some good solutions, since implementing this roleplay expiration date for official roleplays was intended to encourage variety in roleplay participation, but of course, I don't want to force anyone to participate in anything they don't want to.

I really like that idea, an archive of inactive/finished roleplay forum... @Wintermoot, could we get this set up in either general Rollspelskra, or in Official Roleplays? 

But to build upon this idea... how would inactive/finished member-created roleplays function if, in accordance to this rule, that expiration dates will not exist for them? Does the hosting member just ping me and declare that it's finished? I feel like that would be the best course of action.
    Svipjoth
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Kasten
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • I think the expiration period could instead be turned into an inactive period.  If an RP is inactive for a specific amount of time, it's locked and moved to the inactive forum, and can be moved back if the thread owner or chosen person to take over the RP requests it be reopened and has at least one other person vouching for it to continue (that way it's not being moved back consistently and not getting any activity).

For finished RPs, I think the hosting member pinging saying it's finished works well enough, yes.
    2 people like this post: Svipjoth, taulover
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
  • Former Citizen
  • 沈黙した

yeah basically any rp is allowed, if you wanna join RPK there's a google form and a rp thing you'll have to respond to as a test (unless you're already in ofc)
    Thank you btw I'll get around to this when work isn't murdering me
    2 people like this post: Svipjoth, taulover
    ❤️ Caitlin ❤️
    I want you to fall hardest of all saying my name or nothing at all.
    "Neon is genuinely exhausting to read"
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
    • 沈黙した
    • International Trans Girl Icon
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Orientation
      People
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2