Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6

Recognition of the Events of February 22-23

taulover
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • Posting Discord conversation for archival/future readability purposes:

#citizens-platform
    [2:49 PM]  Taurus Valeria:@ Excalibur just a quick thought, does it make sense to call two days a "Day"?
    [3:16 PM]  "Delicate Flower" (Hapi):No?
    [3:16 PM]  Taurus Valeria:Yeah I'm commenting on the current draft of the bill which is about to go to vote
    [6:07 PM]  Luther Ostergaard:@ Taurus Valeria what would you call it?
    [6:09 PM]  Luther Ostergaard:At this point it is about to go to vote
    [6:10 PM]  Luther Ostergaard:We just have to wait for @ Chanku L. Kaizer to put it to vote
    [6:11 PM]  Taurus Valeria:you or ogun could withdraw the motion
    [6:11 PM]  Taurus Valeria:I'm not sure, Days might be clunky, but Day to describe two days is just inaccurate lol
    [6:11 PM]  Luther Ostergaard:Lol then what would we call it?
    [6:11 PM]  Luther Ostergaard:5 days is the max for Chanku to put it to vote
    [6:15 PM]  Taurus Valeria:oh wait, has it been "Day" and on both of the days from the start?
    [6:15 PM]  Luther Ostergaard:Yeah
    [6:15 PM]  Luther Ostergaard:It's been that way since I proposed it
    [6:16 PM]  Taurus Valeria:ah I see
    [6:16 PM]  Taurus Valeria:should've noticed this earlier
    [6:16 PM]  Taurus Valeria:if other people don't take issue with that then I don't particularly mind
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
    Title
    1. This act will be cited as the November and February Recognition Act.

Purpose
    2. With this act, the Storting wishes to recognise the great strife that existed in Wintreath in November 2019, known colloquially as the November Crisis and the Great Schism, in which many Wintreans left under increasing duress as citizens showed their dissatisfaction with the administration, and were consequently accused of conspiracy, or otherwise left the region as protest for how those so accused were being treated.
    3. It also wishes to recognise the events late in February 2020, where an incident of an administrative nature was again the source of great strife, which culminated in several citizens and former citizens being banned when a threat was made against the Wintrean forums.
    3. It also wishes to establish a regional holiday, the first of its kind, to commemmorate how close we came to our destruction, and how we came together at the last minute to start mending the relationships that had been harmed throughout the incidents.

Declarations
    4. The month of November will henceforth be declared as the Month of Remembrance, in recognition of how the worst crisis in Wintreath's history started. The Storting strongly encourages the creation of an event to take place annually to help present and future citizens remember the lessons learned in that period.
    5. The month of February will hereby be declared as the Month of Rekindling, to commemorate the severed ties between our citizens being refastened, even as this process was sparked by great conflict. The Storting also highly encourages the creation of a celebratory event all citizens and foreign dignitaries can take part in to mark the occasion.
    6. Finally, March 23rd will henceforth be known as the Day of Reconciliation, in honour of the confrontation that took place in our main Discord channel, beginning on the 22nd, that saw several banned citizens and former citizens have their bans reversed, and start the process of rekindling old relationships within the region.

Conclusion
    7. With the establishment of the regional holiday, and the declaration of November as the Month of Remembrance and February as the Month of Rekindling, the Storting wishes to formally record these events as being possibly the most important since the region's founding, and also wishes to remind all our citizens of the importance of open communication and trust when faced with a severe problem. May these lessons never be forgotten.

So yeah, since we've begun discussing the entire months of Nov and Feb to be recognised, we've written up a new bill to try and bring the recognition as well as explicitly remind citizens what happened, and what they need to be careful of in the future.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • I'm slightly concerned that the title may hide the contents of the act for those unaware of its significance.
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Hmm, good point. I am not sure what to call it, though. Naming has never really been my thing. Maybe just "Reconciliation Act?"
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • What about the Wintreath Reconciliation Recognition Act? (Though that might be too wordy)

Because we are recognizing and remedying events, but it's more clear what it's geared towards.

Or just the Wintreath Rekindling Act since we're talking about it being the day of Rekindling.
    2 people like this post: taulover, ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 04:33:24 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    Title
    1. This act will be cited as the November and February Recognition Act.

Purpose
    2. With this act, the Storting wishes to recognise the great strife that existed in Wintreath in November 2019, known colloquially as the November Crisis and the Great Schism, in which many Wintreans left under increasing duress as citizens showed their dissatisfaction with the administration, and were consequently accused of conspiracy, or otherwise left the region as protest for how those so accused were being treated a series of misunderstandings, miscommunications, and subsequent suspicion and loss of good faith between the Discord ops team and a group of prominent Citizens who were concerned with the moderation of the Discord server resulted in the latter group's departure from the region, followed by the departure of others due to the drama and stress of these events.

3. It also wishes to recognise the events late in February 2020, where an incident of an administrative nature was again the source of great strife, which culminated in several citizens and former citizens being banned when a threat was made against the Wintrean forums sparked a series of events including the banishment of several former and current Citizens regarding threats of forum/site destruction and the subsequent confrontation and clearing the air between those who had left and the Discord ops team, which allowed for the reconciliation of the community and the further discovery of a malicious actor that had been playing both sides against each other for the purpose of inflaming the situation further.

4. It also wishes to establish a regional holiday, the first of its kind, to commemmorate how close we came to our destruction, and how we came together at the last minute to start mending the relationships that had been harmed throughout the incidents.

Declarations
    4. The month of November will henceforth be declared as the Month of Remembrance, in recognition of how the worst crisis in Wintreath's history started. The Storting strongly encourages the creation of an event to take place annually to help present and future citizens remember the lessons learned in that period.
    5. The month of February will hereby be declared as the Month of Rekindling, to commemorate the severed ties between our citizens being refastened, even as this process was sparked by great conflict. The Storting also highly encourages the creation of a celebratory event all citizens and foreign dignitaries can take part in to mark the occasion.
    6. Finally, March 23rd will henceforth be known as the Day of Reconciliation, in honour of the confrontation that took place in our main Discord channel, beginning on the 22nd, that saw several banned citizens and former citizens have their bans reversed, and start the process of rekindling old relationships within the region.

Conclusion
    7. With the establishment of the regional holiday, and the declaration of November as the Month of Remembrance and February as the Month of Rekindling, the Storting wishes to formally record these events as being possibly the most important since the region's founding, and also wishes to remind all our citizens of the importance of open communication and trust when faced with a severe problem. May these lessons never be forgotten.

Proposing these modifications, which I think are a more complete and fairer representation of what happened. I haven't been shy about highlighting where I failed and where I should have done better, but I don't think it's fair to blame the whole thing on the ops team or to imply that they acted maliciously. I sincerely believe that miscommunications, misunderstandings, and a lack of transparency caused both sides to think the worst the other and assume they weren't acting in good faith...on one side, the suspicion that the group that left had been jockeying to place one of their group on the ops team, and on the other side the suspicion that I specifically was making decisions and appointments based on favoritism, perhaps based on some...unsavory criteria. I don't think any one person or group is to blame, and I think in their own way everyone was acting with the best of intentions (except for Gally of course).

I also elaborated further on the result of the events in February, namely the coming together and open airing of grievances that allowed the community to begin coming back together.

Edit: Oh yeah, there were two sections numbered 3, so I fixed that too. :P
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:55:04 PM by Wintermoot »

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Fair enough, if you wish to flesh it out more, but I'm going to call it out every time this gets downplayed: there straight up was malice from the administration and certain government officials, and some who left were nakedly accused of conspiracy by some members of government, and more privately by you and the ops. The rest of the changes are fine, but not mentioning that is downplaying it significantly.

We should definitely add that there were unwarranted suspicions of favouritism in the op appointments, but this narrative that the ops team and you specifically were somehow not more in the wrong than those who ended up leaving is blatantly false. You were more in the wrong. Both in how you allowed the paranoia to cloud your judgement and in how those you appointed to represent you repeatedly slandered certain members to other regions.
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:20:06 PM by Laurentus »
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • There was not straight-up malice from administration. That implies that the ops team had bad intentions and essentially made up the whole thing because we were out to get the group that left...that's simply not true. The suspicion on our side was absolutely wrong, and I should have done so much more to reach out, encourage open communication, and trust, but by the time they left with everything that had happened our suspicions felt legitimate at the time. I'm sure their suspicions felt legitimate too. And everyone acted accordingly at that time.

What happened with those members of government you're referring to was terrible...as I said in my public apology, I don't know how I allowed that to happen. I was so overwhelmed with what was going on that I didn't realize the extent of it until much later when a Commissioner brought it up with me and I looked up those conversations on the Discord server. I should have been more aware, and I should have put a stop to it more forcefully than I did. But that was not malicious on my part at least...it may have been obtuseness, it may have been incompetence, but it was not maliciousness on my part. I was horrified when I saw the extent of what had been said and my failure to put a stop to it, as I said then.

If I am 'more in the wrong', it's because of mistakes and personal failures on my part, not because I (and certainly not the ops team) were acting maliciously or were out to get them for opposing us or something. That would be monstrous even with the suspicions we had.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • There may be differing opinions on what constitutes 'malice' here.
    The way Lau is using it seems to hinge on the behaviors displayed; Moot's seems to hinge on intent.
    We can absolutely observe that the actions/responses were poorly chosen without attributing malicious intent to the administration.
    3 people like this post: Michi, Laurentus, taulover
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Agreed.  While the ops team did behave less than stellar throughout the whole thing, we have to remember that the whole first incident was built up on miscommunication and misunderstanding with sides being made to believe the worst of each other...so intentions were already muddied in the first place.

It doesn't excuse those behaviors that were displayed in the slightest...but it's obvious that the intention was always going to be questionable at best when those intentions were already questionable due to that miscommunication and possibility of secondary meddling from an individual with actual malicious intentions.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
    Title
    1. This act will be cited as the Day of Reconciliation Act.

Purpose
    2. With this act, the Storting wishes to recognise the great strife that existed in Wintreath in November 2019, known colloquially as the November Crisis and the Great Schism, during which a breakdown of open communications and trust led several citizens, government officials and members of administration to start questioning each other's motives and intent when dissatisfaction was shown about certain incidents and the administration team's handling of them. It is a great tragedy only made possible by a lack of trust and closed-door communications by the respective parties involved, which eventually led to various accusations of conspiracies against those dissatisfied, and similar accusations of favouritism in administration appointments, which we now know to be untrue.

3. It also wishes to recognise the events late in February 2020, where an incident of an administrative nature sparked a series of events including the banishment of several former and current Citizens, regarding threats of forum/site destruction, and the subsequent confrontation and clearing of the air between those who had left and the Discord ops team, which allowed for the reconciliation of the community and the further discovery of a malicious actor that had been playing both sides against each other for the purpose of inflaming the situation further.

4. It also wishes to establish a regional holiday, the first of its kind, to commemmorate how close we came to our destruction, and how we came together at the last minute to start mending the relationships that had been harmed throughout the incidents.

Declarations
    5. The month of November will henceforth be declared as the Month of Remembrance, in recognition of how the worst crisis in Wintreath's history started. The Storting strongly encourages the creation of an event to take place annually to help present and future citizens remember the lessons learned in that period.

6. The month of February will hereby be declared as the Month of Rekindling, to commemorate the severed ties between our citizens being rekindled, even as this process was sparked by great conflict. The Storting also highly encourages the creation of a celebratory event all citizens and foreign dignitaries can take part in to mark the occasion.

7. Finally, March 23rd will henceforth be known as the Day of Reconciliation, in honour of the confrontation that took place in our main Discord channel, beginning on the 22nd, that saw several banned citizens and former citizens have their bans reversed, and start the process of rekindling old relationships within the region.

Conclusion
    8. With the establishment of the regional holiday, and the declaration of November as the Month of Remembrance and February as the Month of Rekindling, the Storting wishes to formally record these events as being possibly the most important since the region's founding, and also wishes to remind all our citizens of the importance of open communication and trust when faced with a severe problem. It should also be noted that the involvement of a malicious actor was only successful because of each party's own paranoia, distrust and lack of open communication, and that said malicious actor should not be used as a scapegoat for all the problems. This act wishes to establish trust and open communication as core principles in any communications current and future Wintreans have, even when it is uncomfortable. May these lessons never be forgotten.
    4 people like this post: Wintermoot, Gerrick, taulover, Michi
    « Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 03:07:52 AM by Laurentus »
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I think that the updated proposal is a fair representation of what happened, and have no further issues. :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • I'm back to nitpick on the title again. :D

Whereas the first title was vague, this one seems perhaps too specific to the point of being inaccurate, since the act is about recognizing the events and establishing two months and a day, not a single day? Perhaps Recognition of Reconciliation Act? Remembrance of Reconciliation Act? Recognition of Remembrance and Reconciliation? Recognition of Remembrance, Reconciliation, and Rekindling?

(Okay got a bit excessive at the end there, but the start of the suggestion was serious.)
    « Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 04:45:15 AM by taulover »
    Résumé
    Wintreath:

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • There are literally no good titles here.

I'm half-tempted just to go with "That Time We Lost Our Shit and then Got it Back Act."
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Why not the Remembrance & Reconciliation Act? Remembering the events and the reconciliation that followed?
    3 people like this post: Laurentus, ☆ Princess Abigail ☆, Michi
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation