Pages: 1 ... 178 [179] 180 ... 589

Say What's On Your Mind

Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • For fucks sake, I knew the British public were idiotic but to be drawn into such a populist and fear-mongering message to the extent of returning a Conservative majority was frankly beyond even my darkest thoughts on the matter.

Looks like you Americans might get to meet me after all.

You should see the conversation I had with Wuufu about this.  The Tories remained the only viable party.  The LibDems didn't present themselves as a good party independent of the coalition.   Labour ended up being portrayed as a spendthrift group, with fears of a left-wing Labour/SNP coalition.  UKIP got votes from people disgruntled with immigration, economy, and how the tories and labour had been, from what people told me who voted for them. 

The plus side: Nick Clegg, Ed Miliband, and Nigel Farage all resigned lol

The Tories did not remain the only viable party. They were in fact far from the only viable party, but through careful electioneering and populist language they convinced the general public that they had a lot to be afraid of, and thus should vote for them. If you look at what the Conservatives have done this term, the only reason things haven't been as bad as they could've been was because of the influence, albeit minor, of the Lib Dems. The Lib Dems, in case you'd not realised, have now ceased to be an effective political party due to how fucked up the Conservatives were last term. I really don't hold out much hope.

Please elaborate?  What did you find issue with the Lib Dems and Tories?  Please explain.
    Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Drexyl Nox
  • Citizen
  • Official Unofficial Wintreath Mascot
  • I'm going up to Canada soon, So I told my grandmother about my night issue and specifically asked her not to tell my grandfather, which she promptly did. So now i have an extremely awkward conversation coming up. I also have to pretend to be a boy for about a month.
    Drexyl Nox
    • Official Unofficial Wintreath Mascot
    • Axolotl Friend
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Sorry to hear that your grandmother told him about your issue...but still, it's nothing that you can control, so it shouldn't be a big deal to them, right? Hopefully it's just an uncomfortable conversation and then you'll be done with the issue with them. :)

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • For fucks sake, I knew the British public were idiotic but to be drawn into such a populist and fear-mongering message to the extent of returning a Conservative majority was frankly beyond even my darkest thoughts on the matter.

Looks like you Americans might get to meet me after all.

You should see the conversation I had with Wuufu about this.  The Tories remained the only viable party.  The LibDems didn't present themselves as a good party independent of the coalition.   Labour ended up being portrayed as a spendthrift group, with fears of a left-wing Labour/SNP coalition.  UKIP got votes from people disgruntled with immigration, economy, and how the tories and labour had been, from what people told me who voted for them. 

The plus side: Nick Clegg, Ed Miliband, and Nigel Farage all resigned lol

The Tories did not remain the only viable party. They were in fact far from the only viable party, but through careful electioneering and populist language they convinced the general public that they had a lot to be afraid of, and thus should vote for them. If you look at what the Conservatives have done this term, the only reason things haven't been as bad as they could've been was because of the influence, albeit minor, of the Lib Dems. The Lib Dems, in case you'd not realised, have now ceased to be an effective political party due to how fucked up the Conservatives were last term. I really don't hold out much hope.

Please elaborate?  What did you find issue with the Lib Dems and Tories?  Please explain.
    The issues I had with the Lib Dems stem more from the fact that they caved to the allures of power and didn't stick up for any of their worthwhile policies that actually got them elected next to the Conservatives. Whilst they were in power I've got to say that they were the only moderating influence on a lot of the Conservative policies, although that's not saying much as the Lib Dems would for the most part do whatever they were told and only offered token resistance when they felt doing so would boost their popularity. That being said, their moderating influence was required and I find it frankly disgusting that the electorate here responded to their weakness as a political party by voting in the Conservatives with a majority. Bit ridiculous in my opinion.

The problems I have with the Conservatives are things like the incredible amounts of debt they've created (more than every Labour government combined, so don't believe all that shit about Tories being good for the economy), the reduction in wages, the 'employment' they've created isn't actually real employment at all, they've introduced secret courts legislation meaning you can be tried on evidence you're not allowed to know, on charges they won't tell you in a court house they won't let you enter. In addition to this, they want to repeal the EU Human Rights Act in favour of one they can freely alter whenever they feel like it, which when combined with the secret courts legislation does not make me feel good about the powers my government is assuming. Furthermore, the impending hike in tuition fees from the already ridiculous £9k a year to £11.5k a year is indicative of nothing less than an attempt to return our country to elitism where the rich are the only ones capable of gaining an education that allows you to see past the political bullshit Cameron will be spewing left right and centre, ostracising the majority of the country from politics completely and leaving it to a famed 'upper class'.

Basically, Tories are shit. How we voted them in is totally beyond me.
    1 person likes this post: Ayanhart
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • My sister had posted this, and I am recopying this, with some variations on my life, but the message is still true:

On this Day, I dedicate this special post in memory of my beloved, beautiful and dearest Mother.  I celebrate her life this day every year, as I always have before her passing & since then.  I Feel SO blessed and ever grateful to have a mother who loved me with all her might, passing on to me her strength, aptitude, beauty, willpower, lovely and caring nature.  I treasure all the special moments we had, …and still am brought to tears when family/friends reveal how much she has touched their lives and they declare how I remind them of her, too.  By the way, Dad, Gayathri, & I all long for your cooking, you were a chef connoisseur and your dishes were unparalleled to anything I eat now…or attempt to make on my own (alas, while I have done my best to cook well, it has never been the same as yours, and I wish I had the chance for you to teach us...)

Mum, you have truly shaped me into the strong willed person I’ve become and I know you’re above watching & smiling down and can only hope that you’re proud of all my accomplishments since you were taken from us.  I pray you are happy where you are, and know you would've loved to meet my friends, my Star Wars family and San Diego friends, my cat Bacon.  While things are not quite right without you, I hope you know I think of you always, and that your legacy will always continue through us.  You would be very proud of Dad, despite the difficulties, he has raised us above and beyond what a father can do, despite your tragic and still unimaginable loss.  Dad, Gayathri, & I miss you so terribly, love you very much and are not the same people without you.  You still touch each part of our lives, every day and always live in our hearts.  I feel you’re still here, and that gives me comfort, as we can never let go.  I love you more than a son can love a mother, Mum,...and miss you more than anyone can imagine....

Happy Mother’s Day Mum.  Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there, those who have past, the ones I know present, and those who shall become Mothers in future <3

Attached: A picture of my late mother, in her early years
    4 people like this post: PB, Michi, Laurentus, Wintermoot

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • :')
    1 person likes this post: Govindia
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • So, after spending a little bit of time building up a deck in Hearthstone, yesterday I came to realize that most of the people I'd probably play with are in the Europe region, and decks and cards do not transfer between regions. Not only that, but to even become friends with people in other regions, you have to log out of the battle.net client and then log in again under the region you want to log into. It seems the idea that you'd want to interact with friends around the world is still a foreign concept to Blizzard. >_>

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wuufu
  • Citizen
  • I didn't know that. That does suck, haha :P
    Wuufu
    • Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I guess it's a step up from League of Legends at least, where you have to create an entirely new account for each region you want to play in. Why do these gaming companies not get it? You'd think they'd be at the forefront these issues, to make the pool of potential players as broad as possible.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • League was a decision because of the language barriers and the latency... One I've always supported personally...  League has enough potential players in every single one of its servers and there's no real down times in euw, eune, lan, las, na, or KR (sorta for Korea. The school hours and the brutality there is... Interesting)
    It also allows for expanded competitive play which is helpful both to the company and to the players as well as its offshoots.
    Beyond that you've got cool shit like individual metas and styles of playing for different servers and different pro players which are very differently favored.
    It's cool shit.
    Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
    Reon
    • Follow the Truth, whoever that may be.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
    Thank you Point Breeze.  Much appreciated  and good to know someone at least cared. ...........

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

EDIT: My apologies.  I was viewing this on my phone, and I did not see others had liked my post.  I want to thank everyone who did like that post.  Much appreciated.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:11:20 PM by Govindia »

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen

Thanks dude.  Updated my post above.  Tapatalk doesn't show likes or dislikes.

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His