Pages: [1] 2

Ask Mathy Anything... Again!

Mathyland
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Potato Archbishop and Official Grammar Police
  • I kind of failed in the last AMA thread I created, and that might be because I didn't give very detailed responses or give much to go on to ask more questions. I thought this would be a good idea to try again because I don't think I've talked about my IRL self much, and this would be a good place to talk about that. Here are some details about myself to get this started, but not so many details that there are no questions left unanswered:

I'm a big video gamer, but not exactly in the stereotypical nerd way. I haven't played Legend of Zelda, or many Pokemon games (though I do like Pokemon. I've played and finished Pokemon White). I'm an Xbox gamer who likes Overwatch, Minecraft, and fps games like Halo and COD. I get a little too stressed out by videogames sometimes, but, ironically, I enjoy Dark Souls III :P. I'm not much of a pc gamer, but there are some exceptions.

Here are some details as to how I got here in Wintreath, and how easily I could have never even found NS at all: One day, I was, for some reason, looking for a game where you controlled your own fictional country. I think I was looking for one only because someone at school mentioned a game of that type with their friends, just using rules they invented and their imaginations (so they are the reason I actually found NS and they're the real MVPs :P). I Googled it and found NS after some searching. I answered issues for awhile and tried to learn the ropes of the game. I was especially interested in the WA. I joined the region 10,000 Islands just to pick a region of some kind. I learned of the mechanics of the game but didn't interact with the community much. I thought 10,000 Islands was too big a region to have something like the Wintreath community. I searched through my telegrams and found a recruitment one for Hogwarts, which was a good sized region - not too small or too large. I had a good time there, and that was the first time I was in a forum community. Eventually, Hogwarts completely died off, despite attempts to keep it active. Everyone disappeared, and I never learned where most of them went. I somehow found some of them elsewhere later on, such as Aethelia. I wanted to find a new community like Hogwarts, and I found Wintreath because I remembered that churchofsatan had been an ambassador from Wintreath, and I wanted to check out Wintreath. And the rest is history... (And I just realized that I joined on November 5, 2016, so I've been here for over a year now! :)))

So, that's me. If you've read this far, thank you for taking that time. I figure it's important in a close community like this to get to know one another. If I used any confusing terminology, please let me know, as I don't know how schools work in other countries. I'm afraid some of the things I said won't make sense to those in different countries, or even different parts of the same country.

I hope this is enough info to formulate some questions so you can, as is the purpose of AMAs, ask me anything! I'll answer almost anything, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

TL;DR Just ask me anything.
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:26:26 AM by Mathyland »
    Résumé

Hogwarts NS:

Co-WA Delegate: June 13, 2016-present
    Hufflepuff student: April 9, 2016-present
    House points earned: 7 (Also, 40 points were a group effort, so I earned part of that as well)
    Host of Death Eaters II

Wintreath:

Citizen: September 6, 2016-present

Underhusen Terms
    The 21st Underhusen
    The 22nd Underhusen
    The 23rd Underhusen - secretary
    The 24th Underhusen
    The 25th Underhusen
    The 26th Underhusen
    The 27th Underhusen

Other:

NationStates nation: March 11, 2016-present

[/i]
    Mathyland
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • Hey a fellow Quiz Bowl player! We should do a Wintreath Protobowl sometime.

And you said math—does your quiz bowl circuit do those "pencil and paper ready" questions? (We just replace them with tiebreaker questions.)

Ew AcaDeca :P

How are your AIME scores? (Don't worry I'm not in a position to judge, I didn't even make it onto my school's Math Team.)

What grade are you in? (feel free not to answer)

Have you studied any physics or programming?

Also you should really try out Science Bowl, it sounds like you'd might like it better.
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • Nice to see you again, Mathy! Now, have I asked you my standard questions three? One moment. *Checks your last AMA thread* You know, I don't think I have. Here ya go:
    What's the reasoning behind your username? Have you ever regretted naming yourself after mathematics?
    What's the most far-fetched life goal you've got?
    What is your favourite colour?

And for some nonstandards:
    You say you play in your school band, but what (instrument) do you play and what (songs) do you play?
    What is your opinion on games like Terraria and/or Stardew valley?
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Mathyland
  • Citizen
  • Oh, these are really good questions! I didn’t fail this AMA like I did last time.

Hey a fellow Quiz Bowl player! We should do a Wintreath Protobowl sometime.
    Hey! I didn’t know what protobowl was until I just looked it up, and we should do that sometime.

I have a return question for you: Have you ever had something like that happen before in your Quiz Bowl team?

And you said math—does your quiz bowl circuit do those "pencil and paper ready" questions? (We just replace them with tiebreaker questions.)
    Yes, we do have those. We get 20 seconds to answer instead of 10 if it’s a math question, and we have pencil and paper. I’m not sure how “replacing them with tiebreaker questions” works?

Why? ???

How are your AIME scores? (Don't worry I'm not in a position to judge, I didn't even make it onto my school's Math Team.)
    I don’t know what those are. I looked it up and it sounds like some test for some official math competition organization. At my school, we generally do math competitions hosted by local colleges. So far, that’s all I’ve done. We don’t really have a math team; those who show interest in math competitions are notified when one pops up. It’s the same with Quiz Bowl.
    Have you studied any physics or programming?
    Kind of, and yes. I’ve recently started looking at physics on Khan Academy, and I’ve read some of the special relativity section of my brother’s old physics textbook.

Also you should really try out Science Bowl, it sounds like you'd might like it better.
    Well, we mostly go to general topic Quiz Bowls, but we (by which I mean others on the team) go to Litrature Bowls and Geography Bowls. I don’t know if we’ll go to a Science Bowl, and that’s up to which ones we can go to. But Science Bowl sounds awesome. There was a Math Bowl as a part of one of the math competitions I went to. That was fun.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:19:58 AM by Mathyland »
    Résumé

Hogwarts NS:

House points earned: 7 (Also, 40 points were a group effort, so I earned part of that as well)
    Host of Death Eaters II

Wintreath:

Underhusen Terms
    The 21st Underhusen
    The 22nd Underhusen
    The 24th Underhusen
    The 25th Underhusen
    The 26th Underhusen
    The 27th Underhusen

Other:

[/i]
    Mathyland
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • Hey! I didn’t know what protobowl was until I just looked it up, and we should do that sometime.
    You've never played Protobowl? It's what got me (and many others) into Quiz Bowl, lol. Terrible for studying (read packets or Wikipedia instead), excellent for dicking around with friends during academic team meetings. Incredibly annoying when science people (eg when I'm trying to lecture during a Physics Team meeting :P) try to limit the questions to science tossups only, though.
    I have a short anecdote about Quiz Bowl: At a literature Quiz Bowl, which I didn’t go to, there was a question that cost the team the finals, but the answer to the question was just wrong; the question was something like, “Who was the main character in To Kill a Mockingbird that developed the most?” We responded with the obvious answer of Scout, because she was the narrator of the story in first person and she developed the most. But the answer was Jem, her brother. We challenged it (because you can do that), but they didn’t let us challenge it. They gave some stupid explanation like, “I accepted this answer last time, so I’m going to this time.” And so our team got second place.

I have a return question for you: Have you ever had something like that happen before in your Quiz Bowl team?
    Ah, protests. Sometimes they go through, sometimes they don't. That one sounds dumb though, at least the way you described it.
    Yes, we do have those. We get 20 seconds to answer instead of 10 if it’s a math question, and we have pencil and paper. I’m not sure how “replacing them with tiebreaker questions” works?
    Packets have extra tossups and bonuses at the end of every round to act as tiebreakers or replacement questions. So you just skip the computational math question and replace it with the tiebreaker.
    Why? ???
    I didn't make it onto the team, so of course what we must do is trash the team and find ways to delegitimize the team. It's like Quiz Bowl and Speech and Debate, but worse, because you only study one topic. :P

Just kidding, it's really cool that you have a class for AcaDeca. We only have a Speech and Debate class in our school...
    I don’t know what those are. I looked it up and it sounds like some test for some official math competition organization. At my school, we generally do math competitions hosted by local colleges. So far, that’s all I’ve done. We don’t really have a math team; those who show interest in math competitions are notified when one pops up. It’s the same with Quiz Bowl.
    We'd have too many people interested if we did that; all our teams are tryout-based out of necessity.

Interesting that you've never heard of that; AMC/AIME/USAMO are the high school math competitions in America.

Though you certainly wouldn't be expected to do well on the AIME, as a freshman.
    Kind of, and yes. I’ve recently started looking at physics on Khan Academy, and I’ve read some of the special relativity section of my brother’s old physics textbook.
    You should try out the F=ma exam questions. Fun, difficult physics problems. (And compete in them, when you're ready :D)
    Well, we mostly go to general topic Quiz Bowls, but we (by which I mean others on the team) go to Litrature Bowls and Geography Bowls. I don’t know if we’ll go to a Science Bowl, and that’s up to which ones we can go to. But Science Bowl sounds awesome. There was a Math Bowl as a part of one of the math competitions I went to. That was fun.
    Science Bowl isn't exactly just Quiz Bowl with science tossups. It's quite different from Quiz Bowl. It's organized by the US Department of Energy, only has two tournaments a year (regionals and nationals [and you need to do well on the former to attend the latter]), and has very different question style (about half are computational, about half are multiple choice, they're incredibly short [as in, maybe only 1 sentence long] and there's only one bonus that's related to the tosssup).
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Mathyland
  • Citizen
  • Nice to see you again, Mathy! Now, have I asked you my standard questions three? One moment. *Checks your last AMA thread* You know, I don't think I have. Here ya go:
    What's the reasoning behind your username? Have you ever regretted naming yourself after mathematics?
    What's the most far-fetched life goal you've got?
    What is your favourite colour?

And for some nonstandards:
    You say you play in your school band, but what (instrument) do you play and what (songs) do you play?
    What is your opinion on games like Terraria and/or Stardew valley?

Nice to see you again too! I got so busy that this place didn't come to mind much, and when it did, I thought it would take forever to get caught up. To answer your first three questions:

1. Is that even a question? :P Of course not!

2. I can't think of much for this off the top of my head... I guess it would be to solve one of the Millennium Problems or prove the Collatz Conjecture (here's the best explanation of what the Collatz Conjecture is :P), though I could probably think of something more far-fetched than that.

3. My favorite color is cyan. I don't know what it is about it, but I guess it's a calming color. Dark blue is my second favorite.

And for the nonstandard questions:

2. I've seen someone play Terraria and played some myself, and I don't really like it. I've seen my friend with the best mining tool in the game and all sorts of armor and swords and wings, and it looks like that took a very long time to get. It didn't seem very fun, and it was confusing. The boss fights might have been fun, but I just thought the game was too weird. I'd definitely prefer Minecraft. And I have not heard of Stardew Valley before.
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:20:33 AM by Mathyland »
    Résumé

Hogwarts NS:

Host of Death Eaters II

Wintreath:

Underhusen Terms
    The 21st Underhusen
    The 22nd Underhusen
    The 24th Underhusen
    The 25th Underhusen
    The 26th Underhusen
    The 27th Underhusen

Other:

[/i]
    Mathyland
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
  • YOU'RE NOT AN ADULT?!
    2 people like this post: taulover, Mathyland
    Red Mones
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Mathyland
  • Citizen
  • YOU'RE NOT AN ADULT?!
    I was wondering how old people thought I was... :P

I guess my very grammatical posts made me sound more mature or something? I figured I would have accidentally made it obvious at some point before now, but it doesn't seem like it.

Just out of curiosity, how old did you previously think I was, if you had to guess?
    Résumé

Hogwarts NS:

Host of Death Eaters II

Wintreath:

Underhusen Terms
    The 21st Underhusen
    The 22nd Underhusen
    The 24th Underhusen
    The 25th Underhusen
    The 26th Underhusen
    The 27th Underhusen

Other:

[/i]
    Mathyland
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • If it's any consolation, you always sounded like a secondary school student to me. :D
    1 person likes this post: Mathyland
    Résumé
    Wintreath:

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • I guess this answers the first question I would have had, "Are you good at Math?"
    This reminds me that I don't think I bothered to take the ACT, the SAT seemed far more important. Maybe that's changed by now though, it'll be awhile before I need to think of those tests again.

Physicist? I've heard that's math heavy, which seems fitting actually.
    Have you considered Astrophysics? Space stuff is so neat. Or are they against that science in Nebraska the way they're probably against Biologists for understanding evolution?

Soccer, of course, knowing the physics of trajectories and force probably help, does that knowledge help? Are sports just one big equation?

Not much to ask on video games... you're like the opposite of me, I find the XBox entirely redundant with a good gaming PC and couldn't live without Nintendo games, and refuse to support the jackass maker of Minecraft on moral grounds.

Makes me sad to think about the Hogwarts region. It was going so well. Everyone was great. And then everyone left...
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • Just out of curiosity, how old did you previously think I was, if you had to guess?
    I thought you were in college, so, 18-22. :P
    Red Mones
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • And have you considered engineering?
    Résumé
    Wintreath:

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Mathyland
  • Citizen
    Hey! I didn’t know what protobowl was until I just looked it up, and we should do that sometime.
    You've never played Protobowl? It's what got me (and many others) into Quiz Bowl, lol. Terrible for studying (read packets or Wikipedia instead), excellent for dicking around with friends during academic team meetings. Incredibly annoying when science people (eg when I'm trying to lecture during a Physics Team meeting :P) try to limit the questions to science tossups only, though.
    I have a short anecdote about Quiz Bowl: At a literature Quiz Bowl, which I didn’t go to, there was a question that cost the team the finals, but the answer to the question was just wrong; the question was something like, “Who was the main character in To Kill a Mockingbird that developed the most?” We responded with the obvious answer of Scout, because she was the narrator of the story in first person and she developed the most. But the answer was Jem, her brother. We challenged it (because you can do that), but they didn’t let us challenge it. They gave some stupid explanation like, “I accepted this answer last time, so I’m going to this time.” And so our team got second place.

Ah, protests. Sometimes they go through, sometimes they don't. That one sounds dumb though, at least the way you described it.
    Packets have extra tossups and bonuses at the end of every round to act as tiebreakers or replacement questions. So you just skip the computational math question and replace it with the tiebreaker.
    Why? ???
    I didn't make it onto the team, so of course what we must do is trash the team and find ways to delegitimize the team. It's like Quiz Bowl and Speech and Debate, but worse, because you only study one topic. :P

Just kidding, it's really cool that you have a class for AcaDeca. We only have a Speech and Debate class in our school...
    We'd have too many people interested if we did that; all our teams are tryout-based out of necessity.

Interesting that you've never heard of that; AMC/AIME/USAMO are the high school math competitions in America.

Though you certainly wouldn't be expected to do well on the AIME, as a freshman.
    You should try out the F=ma exam questions. Fun, difficult physics problems. (And compete in them, when you're ready :D)
    Science Bowl isn't exactly just Quiz Bowl with science tossups. It's quite different from Quiz Bowl. It's organized by the US Department of Energy, only has two tournaments a year (regionals and nationals [and you need to do well on the former to attend the latter]), and has very different question style (about half are computational, about half are multiple choice, they're incredibly short [as in, maybe only 1 sentence long] and there's only one bonus that's related to the tosssup).
    Well, now I've tried Protobowl, and I don't know why I hadn't found it earlier. It's fun, but, like you said, it's not good for studying.

It definitely sounds like your school is larger than mine. Yours seems to have more opportunities and more money to allow you to go to those kinds of things. I wish my school had a physics team and science team :(.

If it's any consolation, you always sounded like a secondary school student to me. :D
    Ummm... That's probably worse than thinking I'm older than I am :P

And have you considered engineering?
    I've thought about it, but I guess I don't really know exactly what engineers do. I might consider it.
    Résumé

Hogwarts NS:

Host of Death Eaters II

Wintreath:

Underhusen Terms
    The 21st Underhusen
    The 22nd Underhusen
    The 24th Underhusen
    The 25th Underhusen
    The 26th Underhusen
    The 27th Underhusen

Other:

[/i]
    Mathyland
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Mathyland
  • Citizen
  • I guess this answers the first question I would have had, "Are you good at Math?"
    This reminds me that I don't think I bothered to take the ACT, the SAT seemed far more important. Maybe that's changed by now though, it'll be awhile before I need to think of those tests again.
    Yeah, I don't really know which is more important, but it seems that the ACT is mentioned more. I don't think I've even heard a teacher mention the SAT before. We do have ACT and SAT prep classes, though, I think.

Physicist? I've heard that's math heavy, which seems fitting actually.
    Have you considered Astrophysics? Space stuff is so neat. Or are they against that science in the way they're probably against Biologists for understanding evolution?
    Space stuff really is neat, and I've spent so much time watching youtube videos about it and that Neil DeGrasse Tyson Cosmos series; that was great! And it's on Netflix. Space is amazing, and I guess astrophysics is a possibility, but I was thinking more like theoretical physicist, but idk.

We generally don't have any problems with biologists for teaching evolution. Religious people just kind of ignore evolution and don't bother anyone. Those states that do are more in the south.

Soccer, of course, knowing the physics of trajectories and force probably help, does that knowledge help? Are sports just one big equation?
    No, not at all :P. It definitely couldn't help in the fast-paced game of soccer (or I guess it's really football), but I guess a good intuition for how objects moves might help minorly with aiming. And I haven't really gotten very far in that Khan Academy Physics thing, so I don't know quite that much about physics yet :-\

Not much to ask on video games... you're like the opposite of me, I find the XBox entirely redundant with a good gaming PC and couldn't live without Nintendo games, and refuse to support the jackass maker of Minecraft on moral grounds.
    To be fair, I don't think I have a very good gaming PC, and I like having the size of a whole TV. Also, you have a controller that way and its a system specifically for the purpose of gaming (which I guess is true of gaming pcs too, but I don't have one). Oh, I forgot to mention Nintendo games! I have a Wii (used to be my brother's), and there's a ton of games for it, and they're mostly old Mario games and such. There's multiple Mario Party games, Super Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario and its sequels, and some 20 other random games. I spent a lot of time on them as a kid until I discovered Xbox. Paper Mario was a really good one that I loved. I wouldn't say I couldn't live without Nintendo games, but they really shaped my childhood.

And what's wrong with the creator of Minecraft? If you're talking about Notch, Microsoft purchased Minecraft so it wouldn't be supporting Notch to play Minecraft.

Makes me sad to think about the Hogwarts region. It was going so well. Everyone was great. And then everyone left...
    Yeah :(
    1 person likes this post: Aethelia
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:27:14 AM by Mathyland »
    Résumé

Hogwarts NS:

Host of Death Eaters II

Wintreath:

Underhusen Terms
    The 21st Underhusen
    The 22nd Underhusen
    The 24th Underhusen
    The 25th Underhusen
    The 26th Underhusen
    The 27th Underhusen

Other:

[/i]
    Mathyland
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • It definitely sounds like your school is larger than mine. Yours seems to have more opportunities and more money to allow you to go to those kinds of things. I wish my school had a physics team and science team :(.
    We have a couple thousand students in our school, so yeah, fairly large.
    Space stuff really is neat, and I've spent so much time watching youtube videos about it and that Neil DeGrasse Tyson Cosmos series; that was great! And it's on Netflix. Space is amazing, and I guess astrophysics is a possibility, but I was thinking more like theoretical physicist, but idk.
    What are your favorite YouTube channels (and in particular, ones about space/science/math)? And if you don't mind, I can recommend a few too (educational YouTube channels account for maybe 90% of the video content I consume :D).
    And what's wrong with the creator of Minecraft? If you're talking about Notch, Microsoft purchased Minecraft so it wouldn't be supporting Notch to play Minecraft.
    Apparently this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markus_Persson#Twitter_controversies
    http://fortune.com/2017/07/02/minecraft-markus-persson-homophobia/
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/minecraft-creator-alleges-global-conspiracy-involving-pizzagate-a-manufactured-race-war-a-missing-tabloid-toddler-and-holistic-medicine

A shame, he seemed like an incredibly cool and down-to-earth dude in the past, before Minecraft got famous and made him rich...

But as you said, he's no longer involved with Minecraft. Sold it off, completely unaffiliated now.
    Résumé
    Wintreath:

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2