Pages: [1]

Festival Closing Speech

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Planning for this year's festival was daunting...my only goal for it was to be bigger and better than last year's, and that's no small feat when you remember how big last year's festival was. I think it's safe to say that next year will be even more formidable, because we definitely set the bar even higher this year! Nearly 3000 posts...you know, there are lots of regions that don't even get that on their forums in a year, but we did that in a little over two weeks, just within the festival itself.

I think we can say now that Summersend is one of the funnest, most active festivals in NationStates.

There are so many people who made this event the amazing thing that it turned out to be, starting with you...everyone who took part and had a good time. Then there are the people who made it such a fun event to take part in...@Gerrick, who I think put in as much if not more time and effort than me on this; @Pengu, who brought his distinctive style into all the fun and games he created for the festival; @Mathyland for creating the spam points topic which alone netted over 600 posts; and @Daeron Targaryen for his fresh Mood in Gifs game. The festival would not have been as fun or as successful without them, and everyone who had a great time have them to thank for it.

More than anything though, this year's Summersend Festival shows what we can do when just a few people come together and pitch in...we can build something wonderful, and have a great time doing it. And there's no reason we have to limit our ambitions to one yearly festival. Post your ideas for what you'd like to see happen, volunteer to pitch in and help build things that you want to see become things, and when it comes to starting new things JUST. DO. IT. Because we have the only thing we need for anything we do to be great...we have you.

Thank you to everyone that took part! Summersend IV, August 2018. Get hyped. ;)
    7 people like this post: Michi, taulover, Hydra, Arenado, Gerrick, Elbbsas, Mathyland
    « Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:11:12 AM by Wintermoot »

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation