Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 12

EMPOWERED ISSUE #1: "Innocence Lost"

Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • "Just let me know where and when you want a platform or barrier," Optical said.

Optical, hearing the Agent, cast a pane under her foot as she walked. Then the next, then the next, until she was a foot off the ground and traveling on appearing and reappearing panes of mirrors. Once off the ground she started picking up the pace, trying to shift the group from a walk to a run.

Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • [Ooh, narration that doesn't happen in front of our characters, that we need to ignore IC, but which adds to the situation, I'm used to dealing with that.
    Though, with my knowledge of narrative structure, I should have realized earlier that there was no way we could just make a plan and expect it to just work, there would be no drama or uncertainty if that happened. Naturally the raid had to begin immediately after agreeing to a plan. That or something had to explode, though maybe that would also result in the raid beginning immediately anyway.]

Mesmer would have a plan if she knew they were on the move towards the rooftop, but since she doesn't, all she can say is "We need more time to get to them first... how can we misdirect the police without harming them to buy time? I thought I could make it look like Andrew was escaping the building, but it's a little late for that now."
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • "So what do you think?" Daniel started, trailing behind the electric Viking, "Should we distract the cops or the Dragon lady first? I've got ideas for both. You've heard about the dragon, and the cops..." Daniel hesitated for a bit, waiting until the others were out of earshot.
    "...Well, there's gonna be some property damage. A lot of property damage. Not that I care, but it might be something I need to do on my own in case one of our teammates decides an ugly warehouse is worth more than their lives. And I don't know how badly we're gonna need that distraction in the first few minutes."
    Thurmond sped up as he heard the message, saying quietly to Daniel, "That much is obvious, but as long as we can maintain that it was necessary I doubt that we can be yelled at too much for it, I saw if we can distract the cops we could probably use that as a chance to draw the dragon and her compatriots out of hiding, perhaps even draw them in close enough in by feigning as allies and try to take them out before dragon mode can be engaged." Thurmond turned to the others and back to Daniel, "Plus that at least keeps the cops of our back while we take on the beast.
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • "So what do you think?" Daniel started, trailing behind the electric Viking, "Should we distract the cops or the Dragon lady first? I've got ideas for both. You've heard about the dragon, and the cops..." Daniel hesitated for a bit, waiting until the others were out of earshot.
    "...Well, there's gonna be some property damage. A lot of property damage. Not that I care, but it might be something I need to do on my own in case one of our teammates decides an ugly warehouse is worth more than their lives. And I don't know how badly we're gonna need that distraction in the first few minutes."
    Thurmond sped up as he heard the message, saying quietly to Daniel, "That much is obvious, but as long as we can maintain that it was necessary I doubt that we can be yelled at too much for it, I saw if we can distract the cops we could probably use that as a chance to draw the dragon and her compatriots out of hiding, perhaps even draw them in close enough in by feigning as allies and try to take them out before dragon mode can be engaged." Thurmond turned to the others and back to Daniel, "Plus that at least keeps the cops of our back while we take on the beast.
    "So what I've figured..." Daniel began, but he lost his train of thought when the radio chatter began. The fact the raid had started changed a lot, and it fucked with his plans, so he decided to look for something else he could do on the fly.
    "I've got it, Thor. If we can get a floor above the cops I can start a fire to serve as a barrier. If they can't pursue to the third floor it should buy us time. The obvious downside is that we can't get back down, so we're gonna have to jump for it when we're done. It's a pretty shit plan, I'll admit, but I don't think there's anything better I can do. Once the cops are off our back I need the window pane girl to shield us from the bullets while I taunt Kesha into her dragon form. Then you guys split and I take that fire breath. I won't be able to distract her long though, cuz she can still bite my head off, so you'll need to move fast once she's figured out fire doesn't work on me."
    1 person likes this post: Elbbsas
    « Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:02:27 AM by Justinian Ezkantion-Telcontar »
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • "So what I've figured..." Daniel began, but he lost his train of thought when the radio chatter began. The fact the raid had started changed a lot, and it fucked with his plans, so he decided to look for something else he could do on the fly.
    "I've got it, Thor. If we can get a floor above the cops I can start a fire to serve as a barrier. If they can't pursue to the third floor it should buy us time. The obvious downside is that we can't get back down, so we're gonna have to jump for it when we're done. It's a pretty shit plan, I'll admit, but I don't think there's anything better I can do. Once the cops are off our back I need the window pane girl to shield us from the bullets while I taunt Kesha into her dragon form. Then you guys split and I take that fire breath. I won't be able to distract her long though, cuz she can still bite my head off, so you'll need to move fast once she's figured out fire doesn't work on me."
    Thurmond simply nodded, simply saying "The plan is good enough, in terms of getting down, I can handle it, I practically have shock absorbers for shins. The others getting down? To be honest I don't care about the others well being once the job has been done." Thurmond thought about the dragon, "If I can reach it I should be able to administer enough shock to interrupt her muscles, like a powerful tazer. Even better would be to "accidentally" trigger a heart attack. Otherwise he simply go for obvious weak points, such as eyes or wings, and see if pain can revert her transformation."
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • "So what I've figured..." Daniel began, but he lost his train of thought when the radio chatter began. The fact the raid had started changed a lot, and it fucked with his plans, so he decided to look for something else he could do on the fly.
    Thurmond simply nodded, simply saying "The plan is good enough, in terms of getting down, I can handle it, I practically have shock absorbers for shins. The others getting down? To be honest I don't care about the others well being once the job has been done." Thurmond thought about the dragon, "If I can reach it I should be able to administer enough shock to interrupt her muscles, like a powerful tazer. Even better would be to "accidentally" trigger a heart attack. Otherwise he simply go for obvious weak points, such as eyes or wings, and see if pain can revert her transformation."
    "Sounds good to me. Now let's look for stairwell and get to the third floor as fast as possible. If they're going by the main entrance they'll be taking the nearest stairs from there. I set that area on fire, and they can't follow us."
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Fayt
  • Former Citizen
  • "ahah ok lets go" Arcadia looking at Daniel "good luck hehe"
    Fayt
    • Former Citizen
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • A fireteam of SWAT officers met them in the darkened stairwell, clad in black Kevlar armor and bearing shotguns and pistols and flashlights. They appeared to be moving to sweep the lower levels of the hospital and secure all exits.

They leveled their guns at the group. "SFPD! Hands in the air!"
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • A fireteam of SWAT officers met them in the darkened stairwell, clad in black Kevlar armor and bearing shotguns and pistols and flashlights. They appeared to be moving to sweep the lower levels of the hospital and secure all exits.

(OOC(Our group?))
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • If it's at us, I'm very tempted to cast up some illusionary hands in the air to distract them in a way that literally obeys their order.
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • huh
    If it's at us, I'm very tempted to cast up some illusionary hands in the air to distract them in a way that literally obeys their order.
    ughh
    A fireteam of SWAT officers met them in the darkened stairwell, clad in black Kevlar armor and bearing shotguns and pistols and flashlights. They appeared to be moving to sweep the lower levels of the hospital and secure all exits.

(OOC(Our group?))
    OOC: Its you guys. I'm not going to post about dragon and co. until you meet up with them.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • A muffled "Shit." could be heard from underneath Daniel's balaclava. Raising his hands in the air, he looked around for something to explode and incapacitate the entire group. Taking out the ceiling above them was an option, but risky in that it might cause a good part of the building to collapse. He hesitated, waiting for one of the others to do something that wouldn't potentially kill them all.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • “Of course, sirs,” Optical said brightly, raising her hands. In the same gesture she cast a large pane between her group and the guns -- unfortunately blocking off the stairwell. The mirror shone, solid and reflective and hiding them from view.

Optical glanced at the others. “They’ll be calling for backup, but at least we won’t be shot for arming ourselves," she said quietly. "I can make some stairs over their heads if you wish, or we could find another way up, or make them surrender, or kill them." She prepared to cast a second mirror if any other police appeared.
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • “Of course, sirs,” Optical said brightly, raising her hands. In the same gesture she cast a large pane between her group and the guns -- unfortunately blocking off the stairwell. The mirror shone, solid and reflective and hiding them from view.

Optical glanced at the others. “They’ll be calling for backup, but at least we won’t be shot for arming ourselves," she said quietly. "I can make some stairs over their heads if you wish, or we could find another way up, or make them surrender, or kill them." She prepared to cast a second mirror if any other police appeared.
    Muffled voices could be heard from behind the barrier.
    "What the hell is this?"
    "It's a super!"
    "I thought dispatch said there was only one super here..."
    A series of thuds started to come from behind the barrier as police attempted to break it down. It didn't appear to be going anywhere, though.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Daniel thought for a bit and turned to Optical, giving his suggestion as quietly as he could so the police didn't hear, "If you can just kinda...push em out of the way I can blow up the stairs so they can't follow us. I mean, I would tell you to kill them but I'm guessing they'll dock that from our pay."
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 12