Pages: 1 2 [3]

Recognition of noble families in the Storting

Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Rightho, let's take a look at this. Apologies, I've been a bit bogged down (I've had the tab open in the background for ages, but I've had other things to attend to). Lau, I'll get to your proposal in a few minutes/half an hour.

As I'm sure you all well know I'm in favour of increasing the role of Houses in Wintreath, but having read Mootle's reply regarding the aristocratization of the Nobility that might stem from this proposal, and the stagnation that could well follow, I've got to say I'm reconsidering my opinion regarding how wise it would be to politicise them. I'd like to find a way to do it that doesn't involve putting too much power in the hands of Families (Noble or otherwise), but that's for another time.

I do approve of a delimitation in terms of the requirements to form a House, but I feel as if some commitment to the region does need to be demonstrated first, but again, that's for another time (perhaps we should have a discussion about the role of Houses in Wintreath? I'll start one soon).

Aside from that... as I no longer support (in action, I do in theory) the politicisation of Houses, I've got to say I can't really say much more for this proposal, no offence intended at all. It's incredibly well written, and I'm really glad to see people putting ideas out there again, but the comments Mootles has made definitely shed some illumination on issues I hadn't properly thought through. Activity once again seems to be the main stumbling block of any efforts we make down this road, so we'll have to target that first and perhaps revisit the idea in future.
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation