Werewolf 31 Return to Wintreath Game Thread

Werewolf Information
Game Over on Round 5 Day
Root Host: ☆ Princess Abigail ☆

Players · Votes · Posts
Game Posts
☆ Princess Abigail ☆
  • 沈黙した
  • I'm going to bed. I'm drained and depressed. I do not know when I will wake up. I trust this thread won't be on fire when I get up please moderate yourselves I love you all. Your all amazing people. 
    1 person likes this post: Luka
    ❤️ Caitlin ❤️
    I want you to fall hardest of all saying my name or nothing at all.
    "Neon is genuinely exhausting to read"
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
    • 沈黙した
    • International Trans Girl Icon
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Orientation
      People
      Wintreath Nation
    Luka
  • Exalted Guest
  • I'm going to bed. I'm drained and depressed. I do not know when I will wake up. I trust this thread won't be on fire when I get up please moderate yourselves I love you all. Your all amazing people.
    Get a good nights rest
    Luka
    • Exalted Guest
    callahan
  • Exalted Guest
  • Hi! Just want to stop in!

I'm Callahan : )

I'll be rereading what I missed, but excited to play with you all! Already at 10 pages so, the game is pretty active, which is good! 
    callahan
    • Exalted Guest
    Leesbra
  • Citizen
  • Florida Man

I'll be rereading what I missed, but excited to play with you all! Already at 10 pages so, the game is pretty active, which is good!
    Hello there Callahan. Usually I wouldn’t be this active, but with a post minimum and whatever rule Caitlin was talking about, I kinda have to.
    Either way welcome on.
    Yes I love Pokémon, how can you tell?
    • Florida Man
    Leesbra
    • hola.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His or They/Them/Their
      Wintreath Nation
    callahan
  • Exalted Guest

Hello there Callahan. Usually I wouldn’t be this active, but with a post minimum and whatever rule Caitlin was talking about, I kinda have to.
    Either way welcome on.
    Hello there as well, bit confused about what's wrong with the post minimum since all you have to do is post 10 times, which you can just make 10 comments on what's happening, or am I missing something? 

Also thank you for welcoming me! ^.^
    callahan
    • Exalted Guest
    Luka
  • Exalted Guest

Either way welcome on.
    The rule is cait kills you if you low post 
    Luka
    • Exalted Guest
    Numbers
  • Exalted Guest
  • Quote 1: Unsure if I should feel honored, or insulted by this attention! If you are implying that I'm already really wolfy, then you should vote me though. And Idk how informative votes on me will rlly be? I tend to attract both town and mafia voting me, usually

Neither? Luka's mini-push had put you as a front and center focal point early in the game so seeing how people react to that is what I'll claim my reads are based on but in reality since I don't know meta behind most of the players here I'll probably just be going off vibes today while I get a sense of everybody. 

For example, Luka seemed to be intentionally hard town reading people on the fly for nothing as a manner of reading their reactions. The initial read is irrelevant and the true read lies in how they respond to being town read. For me this is town points to Luka because it provides a better read than gauging people off a hard push/suggested wagon (while they also did that it was more jokey/less follow through) which would be aimed at just stirring turmoil. 
    Numbers
    • Exalted Guest
    Leesbra
  • Citizen
  • Florida Man

Either way welcome on.
    Hello there as well, bit confused about what's wrong with the post minimum since all you have to do is post 10 times, which you can just make 10 comments on what's happening, or am I missing something?

The minimum is fine, though apparently that wasn’t the ONLY low posting rule… like I said. So… i’m here. Unsure of who to vote for werewolf and clearly outleagued by 98% of the people here.
    • Florida Man
    Leesbra
    • hola.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Wintreath Nation
    callahan
  • Exalted Guest
  • It'd be super if anyone could provide a quick rundown of who knows who in this game, because that can go a long way in assessing both interactions and the validity of arguments made (e.g., with meta reads).

I don't know anyone well, so on my own I'll be operating purely at face value.

At face value, I like the cut of Luka's jib. I acknowledge this read is a somewhat shallow "vibe check", but whatever it's a starting point. Separating the game immediately into binary groups (town/mafia) as they have started to do is the right management of thread momentum.

I know Cait, Luka, and Sam.

Do I have any meta-reads on them that can be translated into forums? No.
    Am I going to use any meta that I have on them? No. Chat meta doesn't really translate well on forums in my opinion. 
    callahan
    • Exalted Guest
    Numbers
  • Exalted Guest

Either way welcome on.

The minimum is fine, though apparently that wasn’t the ONLY low posting rule… like I said. So… i’m here. Unsure of who to vote for werewolf and clearly outleagued by 98% of the people here.
    If the low posters out number the high posters we can always turn the tables on them. But also I'm pretty sure Cait is talking more about your content than your number. You did make that whole "gonna hit the minimum and dip on the rest of day" comment. 
    Numbers
    • Exalted Guest
    ExLight
  • Exalted Guest
  • Human Meltdown
  • Also hidy ho neighbor @ExLight. :wave: I thought I recognized your name. Did I host you before? My memory isn't what it used to be.
    I subbed in for a vanilla game about bugs and found the last scum (they still mislynched me over some PoE nonsense but I'd prefer to forget that)

you were already dead when I joined it so we never interacted much
    ExLight
    • Human Meltdown
    • Exalted Guest
    Leesbra
  • Citizen
  • Florida Man
  • I guess that comment was a bit… rude(?). But yeah, there’s been a lot of messages and I haven’t gotten much from them.
    • Florida Man
    Leesbra
    • hola.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Wintreath Nation
    ExLight
  • Exalted Guest
  • Human Meltdown
  • uh catching up with the thread and I'm seeing some things got a bit heated

will head to bed now and after I wake up I'll reread it a bit more carefully to make some reads and take a stance on the situation

ExLight
    • Human Meltdown
    • Exalted Guest
    Leesbra
  • Citizen
  • Florida Man
  • uh catching up with the thread and I'm seeing some things got a bit heated

will head to bed now and after I wake up I'll reread it a bit more carefully to make some reads and take a stance on the situation
    This is true, a lot of the chatting here seemed like very heated arguing about how previous Werewolf games might dictate this one. Seems like this day isn’t gonna have much in store…
    • Florida Man
    Leesbra
    • hola.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Wintreath Nation
    callahan
  • Exalted Guest
  • I do think there's some validity to interpreting Leesbra's Steve Buscemi post as towny. I can't speak to Luka's rationale, and they ought to expand on what led them to that viewpoint.

I'll expand on my impression. I am content to believe that this is Leesbra's second game ever. For such a new player, there is often a natural resistance to or fear of the mere concept of someone making reads (let alone confident reads) based on game-entry content. The nerves inherent to a new player, including or especially a new town player, tend to make them more disinclined to make reads like that. They're slow, they're confused, and they're turbulent. It's perfectly okay to be those things, and it would lend itself to a mindset like like one Leesbra expressed: the way some people are already theorizing about who is a werewolf is a bit concerning.

This can be taken with a fair grain of salt since the game is so young, and it's not a thoroughly developed impression. But I have seen this kind of thing before from brand new town players, and they have often responded that way to me for engaging straightaway in a similar manner to Luka's opening to this game.
    Okay, after rereading, I think the only thing that actually stood out to me was JJJ. I just feel like they are doing too much. I'm unsure if it's just how they play naturally but there is a fine line between "Look at me! I'm so townie and progressive!" and "I'm overcompensating because I'm scum and I want to be quickly town read." It's the beginning of the game, and they are already thinking too deeply about certain matters such as this post above. The middle paragraph specifically, like I'm reading this and all I'm thinking is what is the point of this? Why are you analyzing if it's this person's second game or not, and what traits they should have? It's just too much for no reason, and I'm unsure if it's playstyle or just you feel the need to overcompensate for something. And then their third paragraph is just completely discrediting themselves? I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this post. What is the intent behind this, because all I see is just a pile of words that actually have no direction behind them, especially after you accept that your post can be taken with a grain of salt? 

Vote: JaggedJimmyJay
    callahan
    • Exalted Guest

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 64