Pages: 1 2 [3]

Summersend Trivia Murder Party

Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Unofficial King of Command & Conquer Single Player and Skirmish vs Easy Opponents as any Faction and against any Faction
  • With three votes against his answer; El Fiji Grande is dying.  The x is drawn, a scream is heard and the doll is skewered by a bunch of nails becoming a "nailcushion".

Audience gets an extra $1000 for the correct death prediction so they are now at $7000.

Now we just have one player left so we are done with the Killing Floor.  Now the end of the game begins...

More animation

We have now reached the endgame.  This is a race to the finish, players advance spots by answering and omitting answers correctly.  These won't really be questions this time; instead it is going to be categories with things that either do or don't fit those categories.  There will be three options for each question but the third option is only available for the ghosts and audience.  The living player can pick from the first two options either marking them as correct or not marking them(meaning the answer is wrong).  Each correct choice moves players one spot forward.

Here is an example: European Rivers  (Just ask yourself if the answers fit that category)
    Danube
    Mississippi
    Ganges (ghosts)

In this case there is only one correct answer: the Danube river because the other two rivers are not in Europe.  So in this case, the living player would move two spots if they marked the Danube but didn't mark the Mississippi while ghosts could move a third spot if they didn't mark the Ganges but had the same markings as the living player.

Whoever makes it to the end first survives and wins the game.  The audience answers the questions in the same style as the ghosts but they are not part of the race.  Everybody gets points for correct choices in this race.  There is also no way to move backwards.  Partway through the race, ghosts that have fallen behind could start to be eliminated if the darkness that will appear after a few rounds of this catches up to them.  If that happens that player is done.

The audience can die if they score less than whoever wins; if they score more, than the audience survives with the winner.

Specific formatting and structure explanations including what happens if a ghost catches up to a living player
    The living player does get a head start in the race but the dead will still have the opportunity to catch up.  If a ghost overtakes the living player or catches up to them, then whoever is in the lead will steal their body and come back to life turning the living player into a ghost.  The new living player will then be limited to two answers and the new ghost will now have three answer choices unless they steal the body back.  Any ties are broken by vertical position.
    Vertical position is determined by the leaderboard.  The players who have a higher score start higher (vertically) than the players with a lower score.  The ghosts don't all start at the same position, that is staggered based on the scores, whichever dead player has the highest score starts the closest to the living player along with being in a higher position.  Vertical positions don't change, and the living player will always move before the dead players.

There are a total of 21 spaces to cover before reaching the exit.  The head start the living player has, puts them 14 spots away while the three highest scoring dead players start 3, 2, and 1 spot respectively from the left edge.

The point distribution for correct answers is $1000 for getting all of the answers correct.  The living player gets 500 for each correct answer and the dead players 333 for each correct answer.  The audience continues to receive $1000 multiplied by the amount of correct answers they have with each category.

I hope that is a good explanation.  If that is confusing, bug me so that I can clarify what is confusing.

Starting positions are marked with the players' current position (spots away from the end) in parentheses.
    The End (0)
    Marzipan (14) alive with $5700
    El Fiji Grande (18) ghost with $4733
    DekuNut (19) ghost with $4000
    North (20) ghost with $2933
    Audience with $7000

Your first category will be: Pacific Islands
    Tahiti
    Montserrat
    Greenland (ghost and audience only)

You have 50 hours (most likely more) to submit your choices of if these answers fit that category.

And don't worry, yes the categories are going to vary.  It won't all be geography, history, books, videogames, and animal questions.

@Marzipan
    @El Fiji Grande
    @DekuNut
    @North
    @Elbbsas
    @Ruguo
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:53:50 AM by Imaginative Kane »
    Peace through Power!!!
    One Vision, One Purpose!!!!!!!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Let us not repeat the mistakes of history.

Now tell me.  What do you see?
    Imaginative Kane
    • Wintreath's Unofficial King of Command & Conquer Single Player and Skirmish vs Easy Opponents as any Faction and against any Faction
    • Young pessimistic technologically challenged somewhat ignorant animal and especially cat loving idiot.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • This is just a reminder since nobody has sent any answers that the first category to match answers to for this Final Round is:

Pacific Islands
    Tahiti
    Montserrat
    Greenland (ghosts)

You still will have quite a bit of time to answer the question but I am putting this reminder up anyway.  This is another to PM but this time you will want to list all of the answers (the ones you can answer) with some mark that shows which are being selected and which are not being selected.  Make sure you also explain which is highlighted and which is not.

Also I have some more categories ready now for when the time comes for them.  (Earlier I didn't really have any ready and just made that one up on the spot.

@North
    @Elbbsas
    @DekuNut
    @Marzipan
    @El Fiji Grande
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Young pessimistic technologically challenged somewhat ignorant animal and especially cat loving idiot.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • I laughed more at Fiji's answer, which I guess makes Marz the worse answer? Jeb is also someone who's actually possible (though still unlikely) person to win it, so by all accounts that is technically the worst answer to be the most unlikely outcome.
    I know that's probably the exact opposite of what the question is supposed to be but that's how I read it so *shrugs*
    Does that mean you are voting for Marzipan's answer?
    Eh I'll go with the Spirit instead of the wording. I just felt like being an ass at that moment in time.
    Vote for Fiji I guess.
    That's alright, Deku. I also misread the question - I thought I was *trying* to get people to vote for me. Ah well, at least you got a good laugh from my answer.
    Resume
    Wintreath: (2020)
    Citizen

The North Pacific (TNP): (2018-2020)
    Minister of Radio (x2)
    Delegate of The North Pacific
    Minister of Communications x2
    Member of the Executive Staff
    Forum Mentor
    TNP Ambassador to Independent Order
    TNP Ambassador to Taijitu

International Northwestern Union (INWU): (2014-2018)
    World Assembly Delegate x4
    Minister of Foreign Affairs x2
    Contributor to The NorthWest Star

Strategos Prime (SP): (2013-2014)
    Minister of Science and Technology
    Minister of Foreign Affairs
    Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

Skyholder Aerospace Inc (SAI): (2013)
    Minister of Foreign Affairs
    El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Oh sorry maybe I thought I made it clear that the votes were for the worst answer and that the one with more votes would die but maybe I didn't.  Takes some more notes.
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Eh this seems long enough.

This categories answers were:
    Tahiti correct
    Montserrat wrong
    Greenland (ghost) wrong

Marzipan and North didn't send in a response so they aren't moving.
    El Fiji Grande, DekuNut, and Elbbsas made all of the correct choices so they move 3 spots ahead.

Marzipan (14)
    El Fiji Grande (15)
    DekuNut (16)
    North (20)
    Audience

I will reveal the scores at the very end to make it more of a surprise and to make sure I have actually done the math correctly.

Next category:
    The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Segments
    The Shinning
    Cape Fear
    Attack of the 50 Foot Eyesores (ghost)

@Elbbsas
    @North
    @Marzipan
    @El Fiji Grande
    @DekuNut
    @Ruguo

You have 48 hours to PM your responses.
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 12:41:40 AM by Imaginative Kane »
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • Could the title be put in bold, for future rounds?
    Next category - Treehouse of Horror Segments
    The Shinning
    Cape Fear
    Like that or something? Something to differentiate it.
    1 person likes this post: Imaginative Kane
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Could the title be put in bold, for future rounds?
    Next category - Treehouse of Horror Segments
    The Shinning
    Cape Fear
    Like that or something? Something to differentiate it.
    I can do that.

Also it appears I may have been too vague with the wording of this category so I will clarify it.

The Treehouse of Horror is the Simpsons Halloween episodes while each one is made up of shorter acts which I am calling segments and each one does have a name so the category is basically named sections of Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Some reminders may be necessary so:
    @North
    @DekuNut
    @El Fiji Grande

You might want to send in answers.
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Well after a while this category is done.

The answers for the category of The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Segments were
    The Shinning correct
    Cape Fear wrong
    Attack of the 50 Foot Eyesores correct

Cape Fear is an episode from Season 5 that does a lot of parodying of the movie of the same name but it is not a Halloween episode.  The Treehouse of Horror from that season came a few episodes later.

The players who sent in answers made all of the correct selections.  Because of this DekuNut moves ahead 3 spots and Marzipan moves ahead 2 spots.  North and El Fiji Grande aren't moving and the Audience gets some more points but they had one wrong selection so not as many points as they could have gotten.

Marzipan (12)
    El Fiji Grande (15)
    DekuNut (13)
    North (20)
    Audience

This category was provided by Ruguo.

Units of Force
    Newton
    Jedi
    Dyne (ghost)

You have 54 hours at the minimum for this category.  Careful there North the darkness that will show up may overtake you before you have even started...  Oh and just as a reminder that number next to your name in parentheses is how many spaces you are away from the end.  It looks like some of the ghosts will have the opportunity to steal Marzipan's life, this should be interesting.

@North
    @Ruguo
    @DekuNut
    @El Fiji Grande
    @Marzipan
    @Elbbsas
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • And time is up for this category.

The category was Units of Force, the answers were
    Newton correct
    Jedi incorrect
    Dyne correct

North seems to have left the game so I will stop notifying him after this notification.  All of the other players moved up 2 spots.  Oh dear some shadows have appeared at the beginning of the hallway and North has disappeared in them.  These shadows will move ahead 2 spots each round and any ghosts they over take will be eliminated from the game.

Marzipan (10)
    El Fiji Grande (13)
    DekuNut (11)
    North taken by the shadows 20 spots away from the end
    Audience

Ruguo provided three and this seems like a good time for another one of his categories so here:
    BIC pens:
    Thinliner
    Cristal
    Gel-ocity (ghost)

You have more than 50 hours to answer this one.

@Elbbsas
    @Marzipan
    @DekuNut
    @El Fiji Grande
    @North
    @Ruguo
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • This stopped because quite a few of us went inactive for a few months.  Want to continue where we left off?

Elbbsas already sent their responses in for this one but no one else has so if you want you can send in your responses Mars, Fiji, and Deku.

It is a close race at this point, shall we continue or end it?  I will leave that up to the ones who were playing.

@Elbbsas
    @Arenado Still mentioning you to hear your thoughts even though you have already been eliminated.  You can still answer the questions and categories that come up though if you want.
    @El Fiji Grande
    @Ruguo
    @Marzipan
    @DekuNut

If you vote to continue, the current category is in the previous post and it asks about BIC Pens.  If you need a reminder of what to do and are continuing than let me know.

Edit: Forgot to mention that audience spots are always open, even at the end of the game if anyone wants to join the audience.
    2 people like this post: taulover, DekuNut
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:21:26 AM by Imaginative Kane »
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 2 [3]