Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 12

Possible Revocation of Govindia's Citizenship

Lumenland
  • Former Citizen
  • North, come on now.  You're in the UH, you're supposed to be representing everyone here, not jumping at someone like that.

Lum has expressed her opinion, whether it's something any of us agree with or not.  There's no reason to flame her by calling her a condescending dick.

Yes, this is Wintreath, and yes, we do things different here than places that would ban for even so much as having a singular disagreement with a mod.  That doesn't mean that we can't learn things from others.  Lumen is a citizen just like the rest of us, and as a body that represents the citizens, we should respect her opinions and criticisms.

I have no problem with her point, just her language.

But you are, as usual, correct.

Again, I apologize, Lumen.

It's okay, I guess.
    1 person likes this post: Daylen Phoenix
    Lumenland
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Lumenland
  • Former Citizen
  • I wasn't trying to language it meanly ;-;

Neither was Govindia.

Um, are you saying I'm like Gov? o.o
    Lumenland
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Let's try to refrain from bickering, please. I know that there are some very strong opinions, but it's important that we remain civil here. I will indirectly answer Point Breeze's reference by going over how someone can be removed from the community:

First, there's administrative action, which is authorized via Article VI Section 4 and expanded upon in the Admin Rules and Guidelines found in the technical forum. This is used to either remove people who are immediate threats to the community (such as when Scientiam was removed) or people who have had a long history of failing to follow the guidelines and lesser punishments have not remedied the situation (such as when Gov was removed from IRC). It goes without saying that this authority is only used sparingly and with very great reason, and in my opinion Gov is neither an immediate threat nor has noted history of actionable behaviour on the forums.

Second, there's the authority to revoke Citizenship, which is held by myself and by the Storting. The Storting has the authority to revoke a Citizenship from their authority over Citizenship in the Fundamental Laws, and the Storing also delegated the authority to me under the Citizenship and Demonym Act. However, I don't feel that it's an appropriate authority for me to use outside of an emergency situation...it's basically deciding that someone should be stripped of legal protections without having necessarily committed any wrongdoing, including becoming open to a persona non grata declaration. Wouldn't it be better for the community to make this decision through the Storting than one person? The community welcomes our Citizens in...it only seems fair for it to have a say in a Citizen's removal.

Finally, there's the court system that was established in the Fundamental Laws and specified in several other laws, which is there to respond to specific grievances between people as defined in our code of laws and to hash out appropriate punishments. It is...well, what it is, not much explaining needed there.

As for how to respond to Govindia's behaviour, it's a challenge that we've faced in the past and that other regions have also faced. Gov's behaviour is often pestering, but frequently straddles the line between what's actionable by administration or a court system and what is not. It's not malicious, but ends up being harmful to those exposed to it anyways. It's from someone who has been here for a long time and seems to get something from being here, but at the cost of others who have to put up with that behaviour...people who otherwise also get something from being here.

Where do we go from here? A little short of a year ago, we decided that Govindia deserved another chance, and I can personally attest to the fact that he has had more than just another, and yet here we are again. The people that launched the initial attempts to remove him from the region are long gone, yet new generations of Wintreans have felt the need to take up that call again. Does he deserve a chance again? If so, how will this chance be different from the many that he has had in the past? What are the odds that we'll just be here once again in the future, deciding if Gov has finally reached the end of the road or if he's deserving of yet another chance? On the other hand, if we are deciding that this is it, are we saying he's beyond redemption?

These are not simple questions, although some people on both sides may feel that it is...we're making a decision that will have major ramifications for both Govindia and for this community. We're setting a precedent that may be referenced again in the future. We're charting a course whose destination is unclear regardless of the decision made. It's important that we give the matter all the thought and consideration that it deserves, but it's also important that we don't allow this to drag on and become a community quagmire. I am of the opinion that most people who are involved here have an opinion about this one way or another...it seems best to me to proceed with the legislation, get the votes on record, and let the cards fall where they may.
    3 people like this post: Michi, taulover, Daylen Phoenix

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • I wasn't trying to language it meanly ;-;

Neither was Govindia.

Um, are you saying I'm like Gov? o.o

No. I'm just saying I doubt Gov meant harm either.

Anyway, does anyone have an opinion on the legislation we have drafted?
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • Removing a long-time member from the community may be perceived as a ruthless act by many, but regardless of whether the harm caused is intentional or accidental, the victim should never be condemned for speaking out. In fact, the victim has every right to pursue the harshest punishment from his/her perpetrator, even if I do not necessarily agree with the philosophy of an eye for an eye.

If it is possible, I would like to request for a full disclosure of the evidence pile in regards to Govindia's less than pleasant activities, if there is one of course. The concealment of this has seemingly caused an impact on the decision making process of our citizens. I understand for the need of simplicity when it comes to writing revocation bills, but if the Underhusen truly desires to hold the conversation with the general public, I would appreciate if there is access to the whatever warranted the bill.
    3 people like this post: HannahB, Daylen Phoenix, Laurentus
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Lumenland
  • Former Citizen
  • Should we all post our own or maybe give it to one person to post and make one big mega post to reference? o.o
    Lumenland
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • A more than fair request. I'm led to believe that the final straw was in the IRC. I'd provide links but I can't remember where they are. Ask @Laurentus.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Should we all post our own or maybe give it to one person to post and make one big mega post to reference? o.o

Go ahead and post your grievances, Lumen. Have you had an experience with Gov?
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Lumenland
  • Former Citizen

Go ahead and post your grievances, Lumen. Have you had an experience with Gov?

I guess you could call it an experience o.o
    Lumenland
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • As to specific evidence I believe it would be the best to post it separately and it can be combined together afterwards.
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Lumenland
  • Former Citizen
  • I think I got everything here, this isn't like the only thing but it's the only one I got screenshots of and the one that's happened outside of chat. I know it's not that bad but I mean, it still happened.
    shrugs
    Spoiler

Lumenland
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Thank you for sharing, Lumenland. I'll take this into account.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Lumenland
  • Former Citizen
  • You're welcome, senpai.
    Are we still friends? ;-;
    Lumenland
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy

Oh, certainly. I just lost my temper and for that I'm sorry.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Barnes
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintrean Press Secretary

Oh, certainly. I just lost my temper and for that I'm sorry.
    Just don't do it again. Remember you're representing the Underhusen as a whole, and your actions reflect on the entire government.
    Barnes
    • Wintrean Press Secretary
    • credit to @DorkCollie
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 12