Pages: 1 ... 365 [366] 367 ... 589

Say What's On Your Mind

Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • I guess the best way I could describe it is like something pushing against the inside of my head. It's not a headache or a migraine. Just...pressure?
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Is it a constant pressure or intermittent? It may be something worth having checked out.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Colberius X
  • Citizen
  • Servant of Order
  • Any issues with the head are usually worth getting checked out.
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer

First Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria - Founded 5.06.2015
    Former Peer of the Overhusen - Served 4.17.2015 until 6.08.2016
    Recipient of the Wintreath Commendation - Awarded 11.02.2017

Lord Inquisitor
    Ambassador of New Hyperion
    Colberius X
    • Servant of Order
    • I serve the balance, and through it the Force shall guide me.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • Fun fact of the day: Byzantine Emperor Michael IV ruled the Byzantine Empire with excellent leadership for 7 years, in spite of debilitating epilepsy. Unfortunately he would later die from complications of this ailment and his adopted son Michael V got blinded and castrated by his wife, Zoe.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Boy...what hasn't been on my mind lately...?

Well, my birthday is next month, and while I haven't been dreading it, I haven't been exceptionally excited either.  If anything, I've been more anxious about it as each day passes.  It's a milestone for me in more way than one.

On the one side, it's my 30th birthday, and that on its own is a big deal because in this day and age it's the real step into adulthood...at least, in the US it's like that.  It's not uncommon for people in their 20s nowadays to still be heavily reliant on parents or even living with them, to where 30 is becoming the new 18 when people really start to actually live on their own and support themselves.  For myself, I've been on my own truthfully only since 2014, since I didn't start getting an actual steady income to where I didn't need my parents' help.  This year has been the first that I've had a good steady job as well to where I've been able to pay all my bills without worry...even student loans when I feel the need.

On the other side, my uncle (the only other gay relative I've ever known in my family so far) passed away when he was 30 due to a heart condition.  So by hitting and passing my 30th year, I'll have outlived my uncle, although part of me always worries that I won't.  Part of me is scared that, like my uncle, I won't make it past my 30th year.

Then there's the boyfriend.  If you didn't catch it in the thread, I already gave a hint on where I was at in here.  I'm almost in an opposite pool with him, though.  I absolutely adore him because of his personality and feel like we're connected more on a emotional level...but there's almost this disconnect when it comes to the physical.  I think part of it is that I just feel like I'm not good for him.  He's 19 years old, and is far more financially stable than I am.  He pays for most of the dates, and even paid for our tickets to PAX, and will give me rides home from work often.  Considering he's in the midst of wanting to move out and is getting ready for that step....that's not what he deserves.  He deserves someone that will be the one paying for the dates and spending money on him. 

It wasn't until he was talking about how his sister in law could hook him up with a job in another state that I started to realize how I was actually feeling.  When that was brought up, I was actually relieved and was urging that he take the job, since he deserves more than working the bakery at Wally World.  And it was actually at that moment that I started reconsidering my own feelings if I was really that enthusiastic about him leaving for a fresh start.  One day in the back of my mind I actually thought he was going to break up with me, and again I was relieved.  One reason I'm hesitant on saying anything is because we share a lot of the same friends at work, and I'm slightly terrified of breaking up with him because of how that may turn out.  When it turned out that he wasn't going to do that and still has strong feelings for me, it actually made me a little disappointed since that's essentially the universe's way of telling me to step up and say something...despite the fact that I really don't want to break his heart, especially since I'm his first on practically everything (first boyfriend, first kiss, and he's a virgin).

So yeah.  I've been a little more irritable lately, and those are two of the major reasons why.   Partly because of the approaching birthday, partly because I just need to break it off with the boyfriend and I'm having a difficult time thinking of how to do so the most gently.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Boy...what hasn't been on my mind lately...?

Well, my birthday is next month, and while I haven't been dreading it, I haven't been exceptionally excited either.  If anything, I've been more anxious about it as each day passes.  It's a milestone for me in more way than one.

On the one side, it's my 30th birthday, and that on its own is a big deal because in this day and age it's the real step into adulthood...at least, in the US it's like that.  It's not uncommon for people in their 20s nowadays to still be heavily reliant on parents or even living with them, to where 30 is becoming the new 18 when people really start to actually live on their own and support themselves.  For myself, I've been on my own truthfully only since 2014, since I didn't start getting an actual steady income to where I didn't need my parents' help.  This year has been the first that I've had a good steady job as well to where I've been able to pay all my bills without worry...even student loans when I feel the need.

On the other side, my uncle (the only other gay relative I've ever known in my family so far) passed away when he was 30 due to a heart condition.  So by hitting and passing my 30th year, I'll have outlived my uncle, although part of me always worries that I won't.  Part of me is scared that, like my uncle, I won't make it past my 30th year.

Then there's the boyfriend.  If you didn't catch it in the thread, I already gave a hint on where I was at in here.  I'm almost in an opposite pool with him, though.  I absolutely adore him because of his personality and feel like we're connected more on a emotional level...but there's almost this disconnect when it comes to the physical.  I think part of it is that I just feel like I'm not good for him.  He's 19 years old, and is far more financially stable than I am.  He pays for most of the dates, and even paid for our tickets to PAX, and will give me rides home from work often.  Considering he's in the midst of wanting to move out and is getting ready for that step....that's not what he deserves.  He deserves someone that will be the one paying for the dates and spending money on him. 

It wasn't until he was talking about how his sister in law could hook him up with a job in another state that I started to realize how I was actually feeling.  When that was brought up, I was actually relieved and was urging that he take the job, since he deserves more than working the bakery at Wally World.  And it was actually at that moment that I started reconsidering my own feelings if I was really that enthusiastic about him leaving for a fresh start.  One day in the back of my mind I actually thought he was going to break up with me, and again I was relieved.  One reason I'm hesitant on saying anything is because we share a lot of the same friends at work, and I'm slightly terrified of breaking up with him because of how that may turn out.  When it turned out that he wasn't going to do that and still has strong feelings for me, it actually made me a little disappointed since that's essentially the universe's way of telling me to step up and say something...despite the fact that I really don't want to break his heart, especially since I'm his first on practically everything (first boyfriend, first kiss, and he's a virgin).

So yeah.  I've been a little more irritable lately, and those are two of the major reasons why.   Partly because of the approaching birthday, partly because I just need to break it off with the boyfriend and I'm having a difficult time thinking of how to do so the most gently.
    30, eh? Just watched master and commander the other day, and Hollom was that exact age. Poor Hollom, never could get past midshipman...
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I need to watch that movie again. I have a feeling I'll appreciate it more now than back when I was 12
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Why do you want to break up with your boyfriend, Pengu? Do you feel something for him? Then the fact that he pays for stuff is irrelevant. Do you want to help financially? Then again, ditto. If you care for him, then what does money matter?
    1 person likes this post: HannahB
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I've been trying to find the time to reply all day, but I agree with North. With all due respect, I think he should have some say in whether you're good for him or not, and if he likes you so much that he's willing to buy meals and tickets for you so he can spend more time with you, then he must really be into you...and besides, who is to say that having a great guy that you feel for and feels for you back is worse than having more money?

If you break up with him, do it because it's what's best for you. Don't try to be a martyr for him.
    1 person likes this post: HannahB

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • The topic at hand: I kinda agree with Pengu, but disagree with wanting to break up over it. You're simply in a weird place, and you could overcome it with some planning.

I kind of get the impression that something else is wrong that you either can't quite put your finger on, or don't want to admit to yourself.

In other news, my worst fears seem to be coming true. I hope that we as South Africans can all see these "protesters" for what they are now: criminals who just want to spread chaos at the behest of the EFF. http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2016/10/07/Wits-calls-off-General-Assembly-after-‘mediation-process-with-students’-fails
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:55:00 PM by Laurentus »
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • ITT: Vote on the future of Pengu's IRL relationship. :))

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • The topic at hand: I kinda agree with Pengu, but disagree with wanting to break up over it. You're simply in a weird place, and you could overcome it with some planning.

I kind of get the impression that something else is wrong that you either can't quite put your finger on, or don't want to admit to yourself.

In other news, my worst fears seem to be coming true. I hope that we as South Africans can all see these "protesters" for what they are now: criminals who just want to spread chaos at the behest of the EFF. http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2016/10/07/Wits-calls-off-General-Assembly-after-‘mediation-process-with-students’-fails
    Fixed that URL for you. :)
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Thank you! :)
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • ITT: Vote on the future of Pengu's IRL relationship. :))

For some reason I could see a poll suddenly appearing along those lines.   :))
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation