Pages: [1]

Think you can survive a Trivia Murder Party?

Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Unofficial King of Command & Conquer Single Player and Skirmish vs Easy Opponents as any Faction and against any Faction
  • As promised there will be a game of Trivia Murder Party in this festival.  This game can support more players than when normally playing Jackbox games plus an audience if you want to participate in the game but not as a player.

This game will be different from the normal Trivia Murder Party.  Instead of 1 question at a time there will be multiple questions presented simultaneously.  The questions will be presented and the audience and players will want to PM their answers to the hosts (myself and Gerrick).  It is in the best interest of the players to answer the questions because players who get questions wrong go to the Killing Floor.  Over there the players who got questions wrong compete in minigames to determine who will survive and who will die.  If you die, the game is not over yet.  The end of the game does not come until we get to the final round.  At that point instead of answering questions, you try to match correct and avoid incorrect answers by determining if they fit the presented category.  This final round is a race to the end of a dark hallway.  Being correct advances players, being wrong does not.  This final round won't start until there is only one player alive or all players have died.  Whoever makes it to the end first is the winner.  Don't start panicking immediately if you die, you can still keep answering questions which is important because if no players are alive at the end, whoever has the highest score is the living player in the final round.

Now you are probably confused.  More of this will be explained as the game starts and is progressed while more will need to be explained before the game starts.  Questions like why shouldn't I look the answers up and others can be answered later but I am getting lazy after typing this first post :P.

@Gerrick has agreed to help and is also helping to set this game up but I am probably more knowledgeable about Trivia Murder Party itself.

Edit: Why did I forget to put this in?:  If you are interested say so and you will be signed up as either an audience member or player depending on what you prefer.  Players will need to be fairly active while the audience can mostly just sit back and relax while answering questions and voting on who they think will die in the killing floor challenges.

Player list:
    North
    Deku Nut

Audience:
    Elbbsas
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 01:58:36 AM by A self deprecating Kane »
    Peace through Power!!!
    One Vision, One Purpose!!!!!!!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Let us not repeat the mistakes of history.

Now tell me.  What do you see?
    Imaginative Kane
    • Wintreath's Unofficial King of Command & Conquer Single Player and Skirmish vs Easy Opponents as any Faction and against any Faction
    • Young pessimistic technologically challenged somewhat ignorant animal and especially cat loving idiot.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • In case anyone has never played Trivia Murder Party from the Jackbox games, you can watch this video to get familiar:
    video
    The game we're going to be playing will be solely on the forums, though, so we've had to alter things a little to get it to work right.
    1 person likes this post: Imaginative Kane

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Sure, I'm in.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    DekuNut
  • Former Citizen
  • The Iceman cometh
  • I'll play
    DekuNut
    • The Iceman cometh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • The way this game will work is that we will present 5 multiple choice questions simultaneously for the players and audience to answer.  Answers are to be sent through private messages to the hosts.  Players who get a question wrong are sent to the killing floor while anybody who managed to get all of the questions right is safe for that round and (probably depending on the minigame) will get to add to the challenge of the killing floor.  In the Killing Floor, players are presented with one challenge.  There are quite a few challenges some of which won't be in this forum edition while some will be there but only one will be done at a time.  If you want to see what some possible challenges are here is a link.  Unlike in the actual game, if everybody gets all of the questions correct (or all of the players that are still alive), then they will all be sent to the floor anyway so as to save time because this game can take a while.  If we run out of questions and multiple players are still alive then the remaining players will go to the Killing Floor and participate in the Loser's Wheel minigame until there is only 1 alive.
    There will be opportunities to backstab other players in a few of the Killing Floor challenges >:D.

Score is important in this game because it will determine how much of a head start you get in the race to escape at the end of the game.  The way scoring works in the question rounds is that every question a player answers correctly earns them $1000.  Players can also earn points in the Killing Floor even if they die.  Players who complete the Fingers "challenge" earn $33 from it being sold on eBay.  In the race to escape, points work differently let's say for now it is $100 for each correct choice.
    The audience also gets to play the game.  They don't have to worry about dying the same way as the players but it is still in their best interest to get as many questions correct as possible because they can still die but if they do is not determined until the game ends.  The audience earns $1000 multiplied by the proportion of correct answers and guesses in each round.  The audience dies if their final score is less than that of the winning player.

Anybody can join after the game has started, just specify audience or player when you join.

The fingers challenge will occur with the first Killing Floor minigame for each player.  For that challenge, players choose a finger to cut off(don't worry that is not real).  You will have 4 to choose from and whichever one you cut off prevents you from choosing the corresponding answer while you are still alive.  So if you are alive and you cut #3 off then you can't pick answer #3 in later questions until you die(or the final race).

Please do not look up the answers for these questions.  We can't actually stop you but it can be more fun if you don't look up the answers.
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Young pessimistic technologically challenged somewhat ignorant animal and especially cat loving idiot.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • I'll sign up as an audience member. Team Background Team is go. =P
    2 people like this post: taulover, Imaginative Kane
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
  • When does it start?
    Red Mones
    • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • When does it start?
    We are not sure at the moment.  I would say it would be better to have at least a couple more players before starting but we could start the game as soon as later today or tomorrow.  @Gerrick any recommendations?

Edit: A tentative start date that I will give is tomorrow if we have at least 2 more players.
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 02:40:36 AM by A self deprecating Kane »
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Yeah, it needs to start very soon, but it also definitely needs more than 2 players.

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Oh yeah you might want to know that the plan is to give 12 hours per question round and the same time for Killing Floor challenges.  For the final race (let's give the final round that name or some other name) I will add the time later because I don't remember right now.

The audience will be told what the Killing Floor challenges are before the players find out so that the predictions can be made early.
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Well this is probably not happening for Summersend but I think this could be done in a less rushed manner on the forums after Summersend is over.  Or this could be started and then keep going after the festival like with the first game of Mage Wars with the rushed schedule.

Thoughts?  Anyone else interested in joining as players or audience, and what have I forgotten to talk about @Gerrick because knowing me, I am sure I have left some important information out of these posts or forgotten to put some information in them. :))
    2 people like this post: Gerrick, taulover
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • @Wintermoot if it is possible, could you move this topic over to the Frostmist Arena?  Alternatively I could copy each post and post them in one really large post but that might not turn out well.
    It won't need its own section but since this isn't happening during Summersend, we are thinking of running the game over there.

Signups are still open if anyone is interested in joining the game as players or audience.  This game wouldn't really go well with only 2 players so hopefully others join.  I don't have a specific start date yet.  The format of this will also change because it won't be during Summersend.  The main changes will be a regular one question at a time instead of multiple at once while more challenges will be available since there will be more time to run the game without the constraints of the Festival.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Peace through Power!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Imaginative Kane
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]