Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 8

Post-Catastrophe Nation RP interest/ooc thread (AKA: History of the World 7610 )

Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Looks good. When can we expect a proper sign-up and IC?
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Looks good. When can we expect a proper sign-up and IC?
    Nation name:
    Population:
    Claims
    Military forces (include civilian militias/paramilitaries)
    Government:
    Economic system (free market , planned, command, etc.):
    Resources in surplus (resources your country has more than it needs):
    Resources in scarcity (resources your country desperately needs but doesn't have enough of):
    History:

Mine:

Nation name: Republic of Canada
    Population: 21 million (de jure), 23 million (client states included)
    Claim: Canada, St. Pierre and Miquelon, Greenland (official). Canada also has de facto control over Alaska, Maine, and Iceland
    Military force: 225,000 professional, 3.5 million civilian paramilitary, 50,000 client state forces
    Government: federal parliamentary democracy
    Economic system: Command economy
    Resources in surplus: Oil, natural gas, uranium, timber, among many others
    Resources in scarcity: Consumer goods, automobiles, various machines and tools that used to be imported from the US and the EU. A small scale famine is felt nationwide
    History: Canada is believed to have been the second country where the outbreak occurred. Canadian medical researchers uncovered three dead bodies in Montreal that confirmed that they experienced direct contact with Patient Zero during a vacation in New York. Thus, when the plague was discovered in 2015, over 3 million people were already suffering the plague.

In 2016, struggling with skyrocketing infection rates in Toronto and Montreal, the Canadian government instituted the ECP Patient Quarantine Act, forcing many of those diagnosed with ECP to be uprooted from their homes and sent to camps up north where many ECP patients died of illnesses completely unrelated to ECP.  Canada's major cities fell under military occupation with highly tightened movement and 8 PM - 6 AM curfews. Vigilantes roamed the streets, sometimes with help from the police and military, finding and killing those they suspected of carrying the plague.

Paranoia reached it's peak with 2017, when it was confined in March that 70 sufferers of the plague had died in the US due to the illness. Extra judicial violence against ECP sufferers became commonplace while hundreds of thousands were hastily deported to quarantine camps that could only house thousands at most. Economic problems severely worsened when riots in major cities became a weekly occurrence, and many Canadians simply refused to leave their homes for work out of fear of ECP.

By 2018, the Canadian government legalized killing ECP patients, while also slowly transitioning to full scale martial law, starting the Dark Years. The Canadian economy had collapsed, angry mobs would drag entire families suffering ECP from their homes and burn them alive, the quarantine camps were universally recognized as just death camps, HAZMAT teams randomly murdered potential ECP patients when visiting them for diagnosis.

The US had collapsed into chaos by 2022, along with most of Western Europe but Canada remained intact, albeit as a police state. It's abundance in natural resources gave it an advantage when self sufficiency was necessary to survive. At that point, ECP sufferers would neither seek medical help nor try to hide their ailment, but would squat in abandoned neighborhoods, waiting for the plague to eventually kill them. The state of Alaska survived the collapse of America and asked Canada to send in food and protection in exchange for natural resources, which they obliged. St. Pierre and Miquelon and Greenland made similar agreements, resulting in annexation. In 2025, Canadian troops launched a campaign to conquer Maine and Iceland when both places became severe piracy hubs. Infection rates died down by 2026, and with that society very, very slowly started to return to normal. The police state was eventually dismantled in 2028. Canada was also one of the first countries to obtain and administer the cure for ECP, but nearly 15 million had already died.
    On tumblr at opabinia-regalis.tumblr.com

Good night, ladies, good night, sweet ladies, good night, good night.
    Violet
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • Interesting. Reminds me of the 1983: Doomsday timeline.
    Noted. But do know that I've claimed all of Canada Make Canada great again eh
    That's a lot of land too...
    I mean, Nunavut alone makes up 20% of Canada's land area and it has about the population of what would be considered a small town in America. All of Northern Canada is over 3.5 million square kilometers, yet has just under 115,000 inhabitants combined.

Meanwhile, further down south you've got Northern Ontario which only has 730,000 inhabitants, and btw this is what's considered to be "Northern Ontario":

I said in the rules that if somebody claimed all of Argentina, that'd be okay because while it's a big country, it's also very empty. Same rule applies to Canada. It's huge, yeah, but the vast majority of it is just extremely scarcely populated plains, tundra and woodland that's never going to be truly separated from the southern regions of the canada where 80% of the country actually lives.

including le Québec libre?
    Especially Quebec. Although it's probably earned autonomous status now. But then again, who's gonna want a free Quebec when America is a dumpster fire just ready to spread north if the north's weak enough?

Also btw, Canada is gonna want a stable government in Midwest. That means oil exports.
    Hey don't you go insulting Northern Ontario! I'm from there! Its very relevant and powerful!
    Okay it is pretty terrible.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    Former Thane of Information
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Member of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Lord of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Formerly His Royal Highness, the Viscount Telcontar of Whitby
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Former Minister of Culture of Ainur x2
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ainur x2
    Former Senator of Ainur x2
    Former Deputy Speaker of Ainur
    Other Regions
    Former Prime Minister of the British Isles
    Former Prime Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Culture Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Member of the Parliament of the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Privy Councillor in the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Member of Parliament of the United Kingdom
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The House of Lancaster-Stuart
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Interesting. Reminds me of the 1983: Doomsday timeline.
    That's a lot of land too...
    I mean, Nunavut alone makes up 20% of Canada's land area and it has about the population of what would be considered a small town in America. All of Northern Canada is over 3.5 million square kilometers, yet has just under 115,000 inhabitants combined.

Meanwhile, further down south you've got Northern Ontario which only has 730,000 inhabitants, and btw this is what's considered to be "Northern Ontario":

I said in the rules that if somebody claimed all of Argentina, that'd be okay because while it's a big country, it's also very empty. Same rule applies to Canada. It's huge, yeah, but the vast majority of it is just extremely scarcely populated plains, tundra and woodland that's never going to be truly separated from the southern regions of the canada where 80% of the country actually lives.

including le Québec libre?
    Especially Quebec. Although it's probably earned autonomous status now. But then again, who's gonna want a free Quebec when America is a dumpster fire just ready to spread north if the north's weak enough?

Also btw, Canada is gonna want a stable government in Midwest. That means oil exports.
    Hey don't you go insulting Northern Ontario! I'm from there! Its very relevant and powerful!
    Okay it is pretty terrible.
    Aw man, I forgot you're from there. I actually know a guy from North Ontario and he informed me on how bad it is:

Violet
    Can I make my claim then? If I can I would like to claim Russia please =)

Since I was interested in a Russian claim, can I be Vladivostok + Transamur? :P
    Commander_Zemas
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Can I make my claim then? If I can I would like to claim Russia please =)

Since I was interested in a Russian claim, can I be Vladivostok + Transamur? :P
    I'm not at all unopposed. I actually really like the idea.

@Cinciri thoughts?

Violet
    Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • Do we derive this from real history?
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Do we derive this from real history?
    Yeah. Aside from the plague and related events, everything's assumed to have gone down as it did IRL

Violet
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Nation name: American Lakes Union

Population: Approx. 35 million.

Flag

Claims: Claims jurisdiction in all US states that border one of the Great Lakes. Has a secure grasp on all of Michigan, Chicago and the surrounding area including lakeside Indiana and Iowa, Milwaukee and the entire eastern half of Wisconsin, Minneapolis and eastern Minnesota, northern Ohio including Cleveland and Toledo ending at about Akron. Tenuous or sporadic grasp in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and lakeside New York at Buffalo and Rochester. Influence has spread as far south as Cincinnati, as far east as Syracuse, as far west as St. Louis, and as far north as Fargo.

Military forces (include civilian militias/paramilitaries): 400,000 Peacemakers and Coast Guard, 2.1 million with police and recognized militias.
    Government: A confederacy led by a unicameral democratic legislature, called the Union Arbitration Council, superseding a fluid “Commission” departmental system which contains elements of stratocratic, technocratic, and plutocratic control, depending on the Commission. State and local city governments still exist largely unchanged where it is at all possible, with many local state agencies absorbed by various Commissions.
    Economic system: State capitalism.

+Resources in surplus (resources your country has more than it needs): Agricultural and food products, as well as fresh water and related maritime resources, are in abundance. The area was a major industrial hub prior to the collapse of the United States, and many factories for simple metal products, electronics, and automotive equipment remain active or easily usable. Chemical resources are also in large supply.
    -Resources in scarcity (resources your country desperately needs but doesn't have enough of): Petroleum and supplies of natural gas are in near constant shortage, along with select ore and mineral resources that are rare in the region. Electricity demands are rarely met in all areas of ALU, leading to regular blackouts in the major urban areas of Chicago, Cleveland, and Detroit. Inroads are being made into Ohio to gain better connections to the region’s extensive aerospace industry.

History: TBW
    2 people like this post: Violet, Lily Polisesul
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:42:58 PM by Ashton Mercer »
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Nation name: American Lakes Union

Population: Approx. 35 million.

Claims: Claims jurisdiction in all US states that border one of the Great Lakes. Has a secure grasp on all of Michigan, Chicago and the surrounding area including lakeside Indiana and Iowa, Milwaukee and the entire eastern half of Wisconsin, Minneapolis and eastern Minnesota, northern Ohio including Cleveland and Toledo ending at about Akron. Tenuous or sporadic grasp in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and lakeside New York at Buffalo and Rochester. Influence has spread as far south as Cincinnati, as far east as Syracuse, as far west as St. Louis, and as far north as Fargo.

Military forces (include civilian militias/paramilitaries): 400,000 Peacemakers and Water Guard, 2.1 million with police and recognized militias.
    Government: A confederacy led by a unicameral democratic legislature, called the Union Arbitration Council, superseding a fluid “Commission” departmental system which contains elements of stratocratic, technocratic, and plutocratic control, depending on the Commission. State and local city governments still exist largely unchanged where it is at all possible, with many local state agencies absorbed by various Commissions.
    Economic system: State capitalism.

+Resources in surplus (resources your country has more than it needs): Agricultural and food products, as well as fresh water and related maritime resources, are in abundance. The area was a major industrial hub prior to the collapse of the United States, and many factories for simple metal products, electronics, and automotive equipment remain active or easily usable. Chemical resources are also in large supply.
    -Resources in scarcity (resources your country desperately needs but doesn't have enough of): Petroleum and supplies of natural gas are in near constant shortage, along with select ore and mineral resources that are rare in the region. Electricity demands are rarely met in all areas of ALU, leading to regular blackouts in the major urban areas of Chicago, Cleveland, and Detroit. Inroads are being made into Ohio to gain better connections to the region’s extensive aerospace industry.

History: TBW
    Accepted

Violet
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
    Hmmm, I'm a bit hesitant to give you that much land and population. You can, but only if yourgovernment only effectively controls Siberia, southern russia and the Volga Federal District (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Federal_District). The rest of Russia is just kind of in chaos in some form or another (I'm not sure what castrophe we're exactly recovering from yet)
    You don't need to send me a definition of the federal districts, I happen to be from there XD I just wanted Volgograd in my control really, I'll make my claim later but I actually only want the Volga Federal region
    « Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:25:16 PM by Cinciri »
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
    Hmmm, I'm a bit hesitant to give you that much land and population. You can, but only if yourgovernment only effectively controls Siberia, southern russia and the Volga Federal District (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Federal_District). The rest of Russia is just kind of in chaos in some form or another (I'm not sure what castrophe we're exactly recovering from yet)
    You don't need to send me a definition of the federal districts, I happen to be from there XD I just wanted Volgograd in my control really, I'll make my claim later but I actually only want the Volga Federal region
    Oh, haha. Didn't know. No problem.

Violet
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Nation name: Volga Federation
    Population: 28 mil
    Claims: Volga Federal District, Ural Federal district
    Military forces Standard Military forces (Army, Navy, Air force)  280 000 (due to martial law, many volunteered to be military as to protect their families more) Cossack militias: 304,000, Civilian militias, 40,000
    Government: Democratic Dictatorship (they voted, but only once)
    Economic system: Mixed Economy
    Resources in surplus: Natural gas, Wood, military equipment
    Resources in scarcity: Produce, medicinal materials, raw animal based materials (Wool, leather, etc.)
    History: A heavily militarized area, the areas of the Volga and Ural Federal districts of Russia broke away from the government of standard Russia once the country essentially collapsed. The virus hit the region hard, eliminating much of the population in the Ural region, due to very limited medical personnel in the area. The result became that the Ural Region blended with the slightly more lucky Volga region, becoming the Volga Federation. The city of Volgograd was appropriately named as the capital, and a government was quickly put in place. The government, though elected, was understood that a firm hand would be required to properly maintain security and order. Thus it became a dictatorship with somewhat of martial law.

Please let me know if any of these stats are overbearing, I decided to counter the population problem that would have happened by explaining a large death rate in one of the regions.
    « Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:03:45 PM by Cinciri »
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Nation name: Volga Federation
    Population: 28 mil
    Claims: Volga Federal District, Ural Federal district
    Military forces Standard Military forces (Army, Navy, Air force) 10 mil (due to martial law, many volunteered to be military as to protect their families more) Cossack militias: 304,000, Civilian militias, 40,000
    Government: Democratic Dictatorship (they voted, but only once)
    Resources in surplus: Natural gas, Wood, military equipment
    Resources in scarcity: Produce, medicinal materials, raw animal based materials (Wool, leather, etc.)
    History: A heavily militarized area, the areas of the Volga and Ural Federal districts of Russia broke away from the government of standard Russia once the country essentially collapsed. The virus hit the region hard, eliminating much of the population in the Ural region, due to very limited medical personnel in the area. The result became that the Ural Region blended with the slightly more lucky Volga region, becoming the Volga Federation. The city of Volgograd was appropriately named as the capital, and a government was quickly put in place. The government, though elected, was understood that a firm hand would be required to properly maintain security and order. Thus it became a dictatorship with somewhat of martial law.

Please let me know if any of these stats are overbearing, I decided to counter the population problem that would have happened by explaining a large death rate in one of the regions.
    The professional forces are way too high. Remember, you're trying to rebuild. You want as much of your population as possible out in the workforce. Just make it 1% of your population

Violet
    Nation name: Transamur
    Formally - Transamur Republic
    Also sometimes referred to as the Far East Republic

Population: 15,874,130

Claims: Far East Federal District of Russia, Zabaykalsky Krai, Republic of Buryatia, Irkutsk Oblast, Kuril Islands(Very low Effective Control)
    Transamur

Key:
    Dark Red - Effective Control (To Various Degrees)
    Light Red - Nominal Control

Military forces:
    54 Warships
    36 Submarines
    16,000 Naval Infantry (Elite Amphibious Units, including 1,000 commandos.)
    100,000 Sailors (Active and Reserve)
    250,000 Soldiers
    800,000 Civilian Corps (Government conscripted soldiers, whose purpose is not to fight, but to build government-mandated projects. However, they are handed rifles and ammunition in case of emergency. These civilians are not on duty 24/7 but are called whenever the government requires.

Government: Transamur is an Autocratic Republic which holds Duma elections every 4 years.
    Head of State - Grand Admiral Sergei Avakyants
    Head of Government - Prime Minister Germogen Svyatoslav Mikhailov

Legislature
    Upper House - Transamur Duma
    Lower House - Transamur Senate`

Judiciary
    Constitutional Court
    Supreme Court
    Prosecutor General
    Court of Arbitration

Resources in surplus (resources your country has more than it needs): Coal, Petroleum, Precious Metals, Hydroelectricity, Wood, Fish

Resources in scarcity (resources your country desperately needs but doesn't have enough of): Agricultural Products, Infrastructure, Finished Goods, Manufacturing Industry, Communication, Military Industries

History: WIP
    « Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:08:12 AM by Commander_Zemas »
    Commander_Zemas

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 8