Pages: [1] 2 ... 10

Werewolf XII: The Island Massacre

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    Centuries ago, there lived a happy people known as the
    Oratians.  They were a proud people that lived in huts and enjoyed a diet of
    coconuts and fish.  Every afternoon like clockwork, they would get out of bed, shedding their
    old skins (which they had to do daily), and would begin their daily activities around Ora
    Island...which included fishing, making clothes and jewelry, and teaching the young through
    sermons about the old gods that they believed watched over them.  On occasion,
    they would even partake in bonfires, where they would dance and sing and
    have a festival of sorts while the moon was out, normally when it was full moon.
    Even though life seemed peaceful, this was soon to end.
    Wolves were said to have somehow made it to the island, though they were never seen before.
    One night, however, a scream was heard in the distance, as villagers went to investigate.
    Lilli, the chief’s daughter and one of the village’s most prominent dancers, was
    found laying in a pool of her own blood, dead to the world.  The wolves had begun their attack.
    --------------------------------------------

Welcome to Werewolf 12, a game in a series of games centered around paranoia and deception.  Much like the other 11 games, in this one it is your job to figure out who the bad guy is and stop them before they destroy the town and all of its inhabitants.  If you’re the bad guy, however, then your job is to find ways to pin the blame on other players so that they’ll be killed off.  The game will conclude when either A) The villagers have successfully snuffed out the bad guy, or B) the wolves have killed enough people for them to steal the win.

This game, however, has an unfortunate glitch.  During each day, a small tidbit of information will appear in the form of a clue about your killer.  If you can piece together the clues before it’s too late, you’ll have your killer’s identity and can tip the odds in your favor.

Now, here are the roles of the game:

The Guardian
    During each night, the guardian can choose to either scan a player for their role, or protect them.  If they scan a good player, they can add them to the fold...whereas with bad players, they’ll have to convince the others to vote against them.  If they choose to protect someone, they can’t choose the same person twice in a row.  It’s also noted that being protected by a Guardian means that a scan from the other guardian on the same person will fail.  The Guardian will keep their powers for as long as the Decoy lives.  There are two (2) guardians, and neither know who the other is.

The Decoy
    Like the villagers, this role does nothing at night, but votes in the day time.  Also, if scanned, it will be deflected as if they were protected.  However, if they are lynched while the Guardians are still alive, then the Guardians lose their powers.  But in an interesting twist, if the Decoy is killed they will leave behind a major clue as to the identity of the Grand Wolf.

The Werewolf
    During each night, the werewolf can choose to attack and kill one of the player characters off, thinning down the playing field if successful.  There are a total of two (2) werewolves.

The Grand Wolf
    The Grand Wolf is a role that is unknown by the Werewolves (though they know the Werewolves).    During each day that they post, they’ll attempt to put pressure on a person other than themselves to get them lynched.  Being a cocky role, however, they’ll also carefully allude to their role in very subtle ways.  If the Grand Wolf is eliminated, then the game is won by the villagers.  Unlike their underling, the Grand Wolf does not kill each night, preferring not to get their hands dirty.

The Village Fool
    This is possibly the cruelest role in the game.  The Village Fool knows the identity of both the Grand Wolf as well as the Decoy, however they’re barred from doing anything with such knowledge.  In fact, they’re doomed to go through the game as looking the most guilty, and will come up in scans as a “Werewolf.”  If the village fool dies by the hand of the villagers, the werewolves will gain an extra kill in the night.

The Villagers 
    During each day, these players, along with the rest of the roles, will vote on who they believe is the bad guy.  During each night, these folks will rest up and do nothing.

And here’s some good old fashioned rules:

1) Power roles cannot reveal their roles, meaning the Guardian (and obviously Werewolf, but why would they out themselves?) can’t reveal, disclose, hint, or suggest that they’re a power role or who they’ve used their powers on.

2) Adding onto that: Players who did not receive a PM are villagers.  If you did/didn’t get a PM, do not discuss it in the thread.

3)  Power roles each night will send PMs to me discussing their targets.

4) The game will be won if the Grand Wolf is killed, or if the number of living villagers equals the remaining wolves.

5) This is a game of guessing under pressure.  It’s a game full of deceptions meant to trick you, and a game where you can only trust yourself (and the Guardians + friends if they find you).  Use your wits to outwit the bad guy and win the game for the good guys.

6)  Phases will last as followed: Day Phase will last 48 hours, Night Phase will last 24 hours.

7) The game will begin in the Day phase.

8 ) Majority votes cannot equal “Abstain/No Vote/No Kill.” If a majority vote isn’t met, someone will be picked and killed off.

9) It goes without saying, but if you're dead, you can say your goodbye (without giving game-breaking spoilers), and then watch and converse in the dead PM.

And that’s the workings of the game.

We will start voting now, and the phase will end on August 1st, 2017 at 8PM PST.

Living players list:
    Wintermoot
    Aragonn: Werewolf, killed by the crowd.
    North - Villager, killed by strangulation by the werewolves.
    Gerrick
    xXTheHydraXx
    taulover - Guardian, Killed by the Werewolves
    BraveSirRobin - Villager, Killed by the sound of a child's laughter on loop for 24 hours.
    La Hareng Rouge
    DekuNut
    Doc - Villager, Killed by unluck of the draw.
    Crushita - Guardian, Killed by the Werewolves
    Fayt - Villager, killed by being forgotten by most.
    Mathyland - Villager, killed by the Werewolves
    Barnes -Werewolf, Killed by jazz music on loop
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 03:50:22 PM by Coco Bandicoot »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    DekuNut
  • Former Citizen
  • The Iceman cometh
  • Uh
    Hi guys
    Vote: Doc
    DekuNut
    • The Iceman cometh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • oh come on
    i knew i shouldn't have joked about being lynched day one

couple of questions to clarify actually:
    Guardians both scan and protect, right? Do they PM these individually, as in 'I scan X', wait for your response, and then choose 'I protect X/Y', or must they say 'I scan X and protect X/Y' at the same time?

Does the Wolves killing the Decoy have the same effect as the Decoy being lynched? I ask because it seemed to suggest only lynching would remove Guardian powers, but since Wolves don't scan it wouldn't make sense to have them worry about registering as protected.

The Wolves both know each other's identity, but the Guardians do not, correct?

Since the Grand Wolf cannot kill, aren't there essentially three win conditions; killing both Wolves (because people will stop dying at night), having an equal number of villagers to wolves (does this include the Grand Wolf?), and killing the Grand Wolf? Or does the Grand Wolf gain the ability to kill if his subordinates are both lynched? I especially ask to clarify this because it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me that the villagers would keep lynching each other after the killings have stopped.

So since there are 14 people in this one, assuming 7 people vote to kill X, and 3 abstain, 3 fail to vote, and 1 votes no lynch, does that mean it's not a majority, or are 'abstain/no vote/no lynch' are reckoned separately?
    What is the process for changing your mind (such as if, say, DekuNut rightly decides I am not in fact a wolf); do you simply count the latest vote, or do people need to go back and edit their earlier one?
    1 person likes this post: Aethelia
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • @Coco Bandicoot could we get a player list? It might also be a good idea to mention all of them...
    Guardians both scan and protect, right? Do they PM these individually, as in 'I scan X', wait for your response, and then choose 'I protect X/Y', or must they say 'I scan X and protect X/Y' at the same time?
    To me at least, the either/or wording seems to suggest that the Guardians can each only do one.

Another question: what is the win condition, if any, of the Village Fool?
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • oh come on
    i knew i shouldn't have joked about being lynched day one

couple of questions to clarify actually:

Does the Wolves killing the Decoy have the same effect as the Decoy being lynched? I ask because it seemed to suggest only lynching would remove Guardian powers, but since Wolves don't scan it wouldn't make sense to have them worry about registering as protected.

The Wolves both know each other's identity, but the Guardians do not, correct?

Since the Grand Wolf cannot kill, aren't there essentially three win conditions; killing both Wolves (because people will stop dying at night), having an equal number of villagers to wolves (does this include the Grand Wolf?), and killing the Grand Wolf? Or does the Grand Wolf gain the ability to kill if his subordinates are both lynched? I especially ask to clarify this because it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me that the villagers would keep lynching each other after the killings have stopped.

So since there are 14 people in this one, assuming 7 people vote to kill X, and 3 abstain, 3 fail to vote, and 1 votes no lynch, does that mean it's not a majority, or are 'abstain/no vote/no lynch' are reckoned separately?
    What is the process for changing your mind (such as if, say, DekuNut rightly decides I am not in fact a wolf); do you simply count the latest vote, or do people need to go back and edit their earlier one?

1. They have both abilities, but can only choose one to use each night, and both can use the same ability in the same night since they don't know each other.

2. If the decoy dies in any way, then the power removal and clue reveal come into play.

3. Correct, only the wolves know each other...while the Grand Wolf knows the wolves, but the reversal isn't true.

4. The only win condition for the villagers is to kill the Grand Wolf.  Even if the others are alive, if the Grand Wolf is dead, the villagers automatically win.  Killing the subordinates is ideal so they can figure out the clues in peace.  Before you ask, any attack against the Grand Wolf by a werewolf is automatically defended.

5. You can change your mind as much as you want.  Just keep in mind that too much flip flopping tends to make you look guilty.

@taulover: they share the win condition of the villagers.  If they remain alive when the Grand Wolf is killed, then they share the win.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • Ooh we're starting!!  Wait so won't it be obvious though that the grand wolf is the grand wolf if they're supposed to allude to their role?  Can't we just vote for them or something?  Or am I missing a big piece here :P
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • 4. The only win condition for the villagers is to kill the Grand Wolf.  Even if the others are alive, if the Grand Wolf is dead, the villagers automatically win.  Killing the subordinates is ideal so they can figure out the clues in peace.  Before you ask, any attack against the Grand Wolf by a werewolf is automatically defended.
    So the Grand Wolf doesn't gain the ability to kill of lynched? Doc asked that, and I don't see the question being answered here.

Also, bumping my first question:
    @Coco Bandicoot could we get a player list? It might also be a good idea to mention all of them...
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • I'm just gonna throw a Vote: BraveSirRobin in here to keep my day one activity.
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Barnes
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintrean Press Secretary
  • I vote DekuNut for jumping in mighty early. Too early, even.
    Barnes
    • Wintrean Press Secretary
    • credit to @DorkCollie
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • I'm just gonna throw a Vote: BraveSirRobin in here to keep my day one activity.
    I don't see an inactivity lynch rule in this game...
    2 people like this post: BraveSirRobin, Hydra
    Résumé
    Wintreath:

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
    I don't see an inactivity lynch rule in this game...
    I assumed there was one since almost every game before this one had one.
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    DekuNut
  • Former Citizen
  • The Iceman cometh
  • I vote DekuNut for jumping in mighty early. Too early, even.
    Aww, you do care <3
    DekuNut
    • The Iceman cometh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Hmm...

I'll vote Aragonn for using first term activity as an excuse to vote someone off.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • It was an honest mistake, but I'm not rescinding my vote. Somebody has to be voted off every day phase, and yes, that is in the rules. I checked this time. :P
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    DekuNut
  • Former Citizen
  • The Iceman cometh
  • I know that's a common rule, so I'm not going to fault Aragonn for that. Looking like a busy day phase for you?
    DekuNut
    • The Iceman cometh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2 ... 10