Pages: 1 2 [3]

Nazism in NationStates

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • This is NationStates...all regions are oligarchies, even the so-called democratic ones. :P

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • This is NationStates...all regions are oligarchies, even the so-called democratic ones. :P
    If you stretch it, anything is a oligarchy, but you know what I meant. It's harmful not only to the democratic process but to regional cohesion and political participation as a whole.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • It's not exciting to you...it could be exciting to others. It was exciting to me until other factors ruined the experience for me, and it's hard to tell if the state of our defense force is due to lack of interest, lack of motivated leadership, or the resulting lack of effort to build a defense force. If somebody came here who was really into R/D and dedicated to whipping the Hvitt Riddaral into shape, the effort could very well be successful.

But the same could be said about a lot of things...in my experience it usually just takes the right person to attract interest to a particular thing.
    People don't build regions off of "ifs". The fact is that our defense force is in a pitiful state for a reason, and people aren't joining for a reason, and neither of these two things would be cured on pursuing pointless conflict with other regions purely in the interest of others that we don't care about.

That's not true.  People build regions with differing ideas and reasons.  To say that no one builds regions based on "ifs" ignores regions that go through structural or even government-type changes almost constantly.  Not every region has an iron-fist ideal that they stick with throughout their time here.  Some out there including Wintreath pride themselves on being open to any changes that could make the regions even better than they already are.
    But there must be some sort of demand for those changes. We cannot go around like some sort of oligarchy making decisions purely based on a slim possibility of improvement without consulting the people.

You're talking 19,427 regions as of today.   It's impossible to know the motivation behind every single one of those regions, let alone what people do with them.  I've been on Nationstates for almost 12 years now, give or take a few from hiatuses.  I've seen regions come and go, and I've seen many differing types.  It's definitely not unheard of that someone would create a region and change it on the fly almost constantly just because, rather than because it was a group decision.  Are regions like that generally popular?  No, those usually end up being the type that don't last an exceptionally long time compared to ones like 10KI that are more absolute in their ideas (and has been around and thriving since the beginning).  But just because they tend to have a shorter lifespan doesn't mean they don't exist.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • It's not exciting to you...it could be exciting to others. It was exciting to me until other factors ruined the experience for me, and it's hard to tell if the state of our defense force is due to lack of interest, lack of motivated leadership, or the resulting lack of effort to build a defense force. If somebody came here who was really into R/D and dedicated to whipping the Hvitt Riddaral into shape, the effort could very well be successful.

But the same could be said about a lot of things...in my experience it usually just takes the right person to attract interest to a particular thing.
    People don't build regions off of "ifs". The fact is that our defense force is in a pitiful state for a reason, and people aren't joining for a reason, and neither of these two things would be cured on pursuing pointless conflict with other regions purely in the interest of others that we don't care about.

That's not true.  People build regions with differing ideas and reasons.  To say that no one builds regions based on "ifs" ignores regions that go through structural or even government-type changes almost constantly.  Not every region has an iron-fist ideal that they stick with throughout their time here.  Some out there including Wintreath pride themselves on being open to any changes that could make the regions even better than they already are.
    But there must be some sort of demand for those changes. We cannot go around like some sort of oligarchy making decisions purely based on a slim possibility of improvement without consulting the people.

You're talking 19,427 regions as of today.   It's impossible to know the motivation behind every single one of those regions, let alone what people do with them.  I've been on Nationstates for almost 12 years now, give or take a few from hiatuses.  I've seen regions come and go, and I've seen many differing types.  It's definitely not unheard of that someone would create a region and change it on the fly almost constantly just because, rather than because it was a group decision.  Are regions like that generally popular?  No, those usually end up being the type that don't last an exceptionally long time compared to ones like 10KI that are more absolute in their ideas (and has been around and thriving since the beginning).  But just because they tend to have a shorter lifespan doesn't mean they don't exist.
    I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm saying it would be stupid of us to do that.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Caddy
  • Former Citizen
  • Divine Shepherd
  • What interesting opinions.

Snowflakes? Snowflakes.
    Caddy