Pages: [1] 2 3

Should America Apologize for Nuclear Attacks?

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • President Obama will be visiting Hiroshima, Japan on May 27th. This is one of two cities that America dropped a nuclear bomb on at the end of World War II, and one issue that has come up is the question of whether he should apologize for America having done so. He will not apparently be apologizing, but what do you think should be done?

There's an interesting article on this issue and Obama's upcoming visit here.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • It's a mixed bag for me.  For starters, Pearl Harbor.  I think in the end both sides need to apologize, and that's where it starts.  Was America in the wrong for setting up camps and its nuclear attacks?  Most definitely, but Japan definitely isn't free of apologizing for what they've done as well.

After all, wasn't it that incident that propelled the US into the war in the first place?  I recall reading somewhere that it's because of Pearl Harbor that the US even became adamant later on about the use of atomic bombs, since that became their main propaganda they used in practically anything anti-japanese including their reasoning behind the internment camps.

So should America apologize for using atomic weapons?  Sure.  But again, I think Japan needs to apologize for Pearl Harbor and pushing us into that corner in the first place.
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • Honestly, Japan brought it on themselves. They attacked the US first. Yes the internment camps were very wrong. The atom bombs however, were a last resort we never wanted to have to use. It was either use them or send more American troops to their deaths and more American families to funerals. Our president made the right choice. Japan merely paid the price for unnecessary bloodshed. I don't think America should apologize for saving thousands of lives that would have otherwise died defending the country from a unprovoked aggressor.
    1 person likes this post: Govindia
    « Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:31:45 AM by Emoticonius »
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Barnes
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintrean Press Secretary
  • My answer in short: no. Firstly, it would make the American military look weak, which is not an attitude the U.S. wants to portray in these times. Secondly, it would bring back old aggressions, both on the part of the Japanese (whose military might still be relatively anti-U.S., giving us further reason to not relinquish strength) and Americans who are old enough to remember the war. Though the countries are on friendly terms nowadays, the subject is much too touchy to address. And it's not like the U.S. is any good at apologizing for its faults anyway.
    Barnes
    • Wintrean Press Secretary
    • credit to @DorkCollie
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • No, of course not. Speaking as a Singaporean, the Japanese led a campaign of terror across Asia. They brutalised my people, they killed and stole and destroyed and raped indiscriminately. My grandmother was so traumatised by what the goddamned Japanese did to my country that till the day she died she never got over what they did.  I have no sympathy for the Japanese, quite frankly, given that the alternative would have been the equivalent of Sherman's march in Japan they should be thankful that the Americans stopped at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole but that's just how I feel.
    2 people like this post: Michi, Govindia
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Honestly, Japan brought it on themselves. They attacked the US first. Yes the internment camps were very wrong. The atom bombs however, were a last resort we never wanted to have to use. It was either use them or send more American troops to their deaths and more American families to funerals. Our president made the right choice. Japan merely paid the price for unnecessary bloodshed. I don't think America should apologize for saving thousands of lives that would have otherwise died defending the country from a unprovoked aggressor.

Arguably yes, the first one was a last resort necessity, but the 2nd one wasn't entirely.  Granted, I, as much as anyone here wasn't there personally to attest to that completely, but from what I've read the 2nd was more just a way to scare Japan into surrendering rather than being something they actually had to do as a "last resort."
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • I agree with Pengu. Both sides committed atrocities, so both should apologize.

There are other things that could have been done rather than nuke hundreds of thousands of civilians. Saying the ends justify the means is a fruitless argument as we don't know what might have been. If need be, there could have been a non-unconditional surrender by Japan, though there were almost certainly other options than throwing bombs at civilians or more soldiers to their death; many military generals just did not want to see them.

And I think that apologizing would not make the US military look weak, but rather the US as a whole look like it's trying to correct the countless wrongs it has committed in the past. All of these wrongs are why so many countries despise the US and think it's a bully (and some see it as evil). Japan is one the US's strongest allies right now, so bringing this up wouldn't do harm; on the contrary it would strengthen the relations (Obama is already visiting Hiroshima anyway). As for old WW2 veterans, I'm sure most would forgive at this point in their lives; if not, then they're holding way too much hate for too long.

Ultimately, I feel dehumanization is what has caused so much horror. We need to remember that even one's enemies are human and that just because they may commit monstrous acts, they are not monsters (least of all innocents who happen to just be from the same nation).
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that no, the United States should not apologise for dropping Atomic weapons on Japan.  It was a completely justified response to the preparations on the Japanese home islands to fight to the last.  Keep in mind that we need to judge this with the historical context in mind. 

The United States had just suffered massive casualties assaulting the first of the Japanese home islands (Okinawa) and the Japanese had suffered similarly high casualties, largely because they refused to surrender, committing mass seppukuThe entirety of Japanese forces on Okinawa died, and so did approximately 50% of the civilians.  More than 250,000 people died in total on the Japanese side, not even counting the nearly 75,000 American casualties.  Needless to say, the U.S. wasn't willing to commit to an invasion of Japan's home islands, and with the redeployment of Soviet forces to the Pacific, the Truman administration probably wanted to minimise Soviet intrusion in the Pacific region.

But the biggest effect of the Atomic bombs was that the Japanese couldn't fight back against it.  There wasn't a point to their war effort if they couldn't inflict casualties on the United States and its allies, so they surrendered.   By the way, this explanation is very rushed and ahas not been given a fraction of the time that this subject merits

tl;dr: Atomic bombs did end the war earlier than conventional arms would have, and ultimately the firebombing of Japanese cities and Dresden in Germany, a completely non-military target, were far worse in terms of loss of life, etc.

Edit: Total death count from atomic weapons on the Japanese side was roughly equivalent to the death count of Okinawa. 
    1 person likes this post: Govindia
    « Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:35:56 PM by BraveSirRobin »
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • It's a mixed bag for me.  For starters, Pearl Harbor.  I think in the end both sides need to apologize, and that's where it starts.  Was America in the wrong for setting up camps and its nuclear attacks?  Most definitely, but Japan definitely isn't free of apologizing for what they've done as well.

After all, wasn't it that incident that propelled the US into the war in the first place?  I recall reading somewhere that it's because of Pearl Harbor that the US even became adamant later on about the use of atomic bombs, since that became their main propaganda they used in practically anything anti-japanese including their reasoning behind the internment camps.

So should America apologize for using atomic weapons?  Sure.  But again, I think Japan needs to apologize for Pearl Harbor and pushing us into that corner in the first place.
    Japan has apologized. In fact, Japan has apologized so many times that there is a rather lengthy Wikipedia article about it.

However, I don't think that the US should apologize for the nuclear bombings. Other people have already put forth good reasons for that, so I won't really go into more detail.

As for context into Japan's surrender, here's a good read on the subject.
    1 person likes this post: BraveSirRobin
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • United States could apologize for choosing civilian targets. It'd be a courtesy, not an ultimate sign of weakness.

"Sorry we had to that."

I'm pretty sure the Japanese realize that.

Obama visiting one of the cities is honestly just fine. He is probably going to respect the victims in some manner. Sometimes a gesture is better than a speech, in this case the proper time for a speech may be long gone.
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I was going to reply, but everyone seem to have it covered from every angle *thumbs up*

I think in the modern era people have trouble relating to how things were back then and judge the past by today's standards. Maybe today one nation launching nuclear weapons at any other seems unthinkable, but it happened back then because many thought it was the better alternative. Same with many other atrocities...can anyone realistically imagine a global war today that kills millions of people? People were living through it less than 80 years ago.

For better or for worse, the past is written...we should remember the past, for sure, but we can only go forward from here.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!

Japan has apologized. In fact, Japan has apologized so many times that there is a rather lengthy Wikipedia article about it.

However, I don't think that the US should apologize for the nuclear bombings. Other people have already put forth good reasons for that, so I won't really go into more detail.

As for context into Japan's surrender, here's a good read on the subject.
    WOW.  Really good reddit article there, tau I am super impressed.  I'm going to be using that A LOT in the future.  :)
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that no, the United States should not apologise for dropping Atomic weapons on Japan.  It was a completely justified response to the preparations on the Japanese home islands to fight to the last.  Keep in mind that we need to judge this with the historical context in mind. 

The United States had just suffered massive casualties assaulting the first of the Japanese home islands (Okinawa) and the Japanese had suffered similarly high casualties, largely because they refused to surrender, committing mass seppukuThe entirety of Japanese forces on Okinawa died, and so did approximately 50% of the civilians.  More than 250,000 people died in total on the Japanese side, not even counting the nearly 75,000 American casualties.  Needless to say, the U.S. wasn't willing to commit to an invasion of Japan's home islands, and with the redeployment of Soviet forces to the Pacific, the Truman administration probably wanted to minimise Soviet intrusion in the Pacific region.

But the biggest effect of the Atomic bombs was that the Japanese couldn't fight back against it.  There wasn't a point to their war effort if they couldn't inflict casualties on the United States and its allies, so they surrendered.   By the way, this explanation is very rushed and ahas not been given a fraction of the time that this subject merits

tl;dr: Atomic bombs did end the war earlier than conventional arms would have, and ultimately the firebombing of Japanese cities and Dresden in Germany, a completely non-military target, were far worse in terms of loss of life, etc.

Edit: Total death count from atomic weapons on the Japanese side was roughly equivalent to the death count of Okinawa.
    *Appears from the shadows*

Excellent and spot on.

The Japanese were not ready to surrender unconditionally.  They wanted to surrender with "honour", and on certain conditions.  Unacceptable.

After the first bomb, they were still wanting to fight.  So much so that a group of Imperial Japanese Army officers were ready to essentially coup against the Emperor to make sure Japan would stand defiant, but that was thwarted.

The Japanese were very brutal to all of their prisoners.  See: Unit 931, Bataan Death March, Rape of Nanking.

In Singapore and Malaysia, they were not forgiving to the population, nor in Korea.  My Korean professor at RIT who taught "Politics in China," explained how he lived under both Japanese and North Korean/Chinese occupation in a place outside Seoul.  He would describe how the Japanese would go so far as to ban even the speaking of the local language and forced the adoption of the Japanese language and culture.

Japan has not apologised nor acknowledged any of this, unlike Germany with their atrocities.  Japan continues to publish textbooks that ignore anything Japan did during the war and the Prime Minister still visits the Yasukini shrine's section housed for the remains of the Class A war criminals.

Japan has not truly accepted its past proper, nor has it apologised properly to the other nations in Asia.

Japan's brutal march across Asia was halted by the Indians at Burma and the Soviets in the north.  Japan left a trail of devastation during its occupation and was ready to fight to the last man, which is what would have happened if we sent our 76 divisions of troops to invade. 

It would have been a bloodbath and caused countless loss of life for both sides. 

In this total war, this was the best possible alternative.  This is one of the few things I will say President Obama is doing good on.  We should not and we shall not apologise for this. 

Japan has no foot to stand on in asking for an apology and has no right to lecture about our actions until they come to terms with everything they did, before and after Pearl Harbour.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • WOW.  Really good reddit article there, tau I am super impressed.  I'm going to be using that A LOT in the future.  :)
    /r/AskHistorians is a great subreddit in general. It's heavily moderated for high-quality content, which makes it a great read, but unless you've spent five years studying the subject in detail, don't bother responding to questions because there's someone out there who knows more than you and your comment will be deleted.
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I absolutely despise whoever thought dropping atomic bombs was a good idea. It propelled the whole world to the brink of doom in the aftermath as all the countries began developing their own nukes. The argument of the ends justifying the means are insane when you consider what it actually accomplished. America took one devastating hit with Pearl Harbor. The entire Europe took these hits on a regular basis during the Second World War, and they didn't respond quite the same way. Of course, who's to say they wouldn't have if they had the technology?

Anyway, callous disregard for the innocents who died during the bombings, and the long term effects of it all just don't sit right with me.
    2 people like this post: Gerrick, Michi
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2 3