Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7

Wintreath Union (IC)

Lapoc
  • Former Citizen
  • Grand Claymaster
  • Delegate Fedya Garin

From the corner of the room, a previously unnoticed speaker raised his voice. "While I do not like it, Arsin is correct. Unless any other candidates appear, Arsin seems to be the most logical choice." Looking around the room, he noticed some mildly surprised looks. "Oh, pardon me. Fedya Garin of LaPoC, reporting". He then leaned back, waiting for something.
    Only the finest clay.
    Lapoc
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Acting Speaker Edward McAllen

McAllen sighed but turned to face Bjorn Wolf. "You may be right, sir, but I resent the implication that I'm arragont. And Delegate De Weiss, please refrain from such inflammatory language." He shifted his stance. "I also would like to remind everyone that Delegate Arsin would not become the Speaker as you must renounce home citizenship, rather, Witchmond would provide one. Does anyone else wish to speak?"
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Delegate Cin'ciri Wren (Yaim Rusur)

"I have to say, my personal taste in speaker may be different than those of other nations." mentions Wren, who has finally gotten settled and located all possible angles of attack that could occur on this room of important people, "So perhaps instead of yelling at one another in aggressive tones, we should collect a list of, how would you say, qualifications as to why that nation should offer a speaker?" Wren, content with his comment, places one of his pistols on the table in front of him as a deterrent to assassins and checks the smartphone embedded in and arm gauntlet. 
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Rasdanation
  • Former Citizen
  • The Greatest Link
  • Delegate Harold Arsin (Witchmond)
    "Although I would love to know what we are working with, it's hard to describe a whole nation by a few qualifications. Perhaps, we should have all nations that are offering their nations to provide a speaker run elections on who to represent them as their candidate. Then, from each national candidate, we can vote on which to be the official speaker. In my oppinion, this will take some time, say a month or two, but it will atleast let us know what we have to choose from."
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:14:43 PM by Rasdanation »
    T'was the year of Wintreath!
    Rasdanation
    • The Greatest Link
    • To the Glory of Witchmond!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Danation
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy

McAllen nearly had a heart attack when Wren placed his handgun on the table. "Delegate Wren, weapons are not allowed in the Chamber. How did you even get those past Security?" Uniformed Security walked to Wren's table. "I must ask you to relinquish all weapons for the safety of everyone, Delegate Wren. Armed diplomats make everyone nervous."

McAllen then turned to Arsin. "Delegate Arsin, your idea is for your nation to elect a bunch of candidates to be elected by the Union. I hope you see why this is not a feasible solution. We need a permanent Speaker now, sir. If Witchmond is to provide a Speaker then I would hope that it is done quickly."
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:00:53 AM by North »
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen

Wren grumbled as he handed over his 2 pistols, but did so quicker when he saw numerous frightened faces. "My apologies, other than Delegate I am also the Leader, weapons mechanic, and highest ranking general in our army, sorry to scare you. I do however agree with, Mr. McAllen was it? This is a predicament that is best to be solved quickly, and I would rather not have this take too long.
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Lapoc
  • Former Citizen
  • Grand Claymaster
  • Delegate Fedya Garin (Pile of Clay)

Nervously eyeing up the man who just pulled a very considerable amount of firearms from his trousers, Garin speaks up.
    "Er, the Acting Speaker has a very solid point. Due to time constraints, we'll have to skip a step and perform the democratic process here. Besides-" he says, leaning back into his seat- "If a nation's people is not pleased with the future Speaker, they can provide a new candidate and we can consider a change. Agreed?"
    Only the finest clay.
    Lapoc
    Barnes
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintrean Press Secretary
  • Delegate Björn Wolf (Clifta)

"I feel the Speaker should simply be selected based on the approval of one's delegate peers. I suggest we nominate the most qualified candidates for election right here."
    Barnes
    • Wintrean Press Secretary
    • credit to @DorkCollie
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy

"I agree, Delegate Wolf. I think that we should begin to vote. And before we begin, I would like to say a few words about my candidacy.

I helped build the Union. I view it as my greatest accomplishment. I have always fought for peace and international unity. And I always, in all cases, oppose war."

McAllen looked at Peter De Weiss as he said that last bit. Peter looked down for second.

Delegate Garland Gunderson (North Gralend)

Gary stood up and buttoned up his jacket. "The Confederation votes for Edward McAllen." Personally he couldn't care less about McAllen but it would almost be a matter of course now.

Delegate Peter De Weiss (Southern Gralend)

"I vote for anyone but Edward McAllen!"
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Delegate Brian Hansen (Geramundo)

"Geramundo will be voting for McAllen. I mean, he pretty much already has the job. Might as well make it official and move on to actual business. Seems like a good enough guy, anyway."

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • Delegate Casmac Oreyna

Having strode into the meeting extremely late due to travel issues, the Talvian Delegate had remained silent up until now, listening to several other Delegates putting themselves forward for Speaker. Not one for humility or passiveness, Oreyna had desired the position himself; his tardiness, he realized however, had already cast him in a less-than-positive light, and any such bid for the position would be doomed from the start. Instead, he resolved to vie for Speaker if the spot opened up in the future, and duly cast his vote when came his turn to speak.

"The vote of Talvias goes toward Mr. McAllen," he declared, and took a sip from his coffee mug.
    Bodobol
    Lapoc
  • Former Citizen
  • Grand Claymaster
  • Delegate Fedya Garin (Pile of Clay)

"At the moment, I agree with Delegate Hansen. De Weiss, you seem to be strongly against McAllen, would you care to present your points?"
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:41:50 AM by Literally a Pile of Clay »
    Only the finest clay.
    Lapoc
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen

As Wren pulled the last of his concealed boot weapons he chimed in, "So far I have to agree to vote for Mr. McAllen. He seems to have this whole speaker thing down already, and from what I have seen is most qualified for the position." Wren sat down and mentioned to the security gentleman "If you could put those in the tracked vehicle outside I would be most appreciative."
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy

The Security personnel looked confused as they turned to McAllen. He nodded and they turned to secure the weapons.

"With that, I think that its safe to say that I have been elected to be your Speaker of the Nations. thank you for your support, I hope I wont let you down."

Speaker Of The Nations Edward McAllen

There was a whole ceremony that needed to happen but as he had already done it, there was no need.

"So, now that the first item on the agenda has been settled, the second..." He was interrupted.

Delegate Peter De Weiss (Southern Gralend)

"I hope its concerning the atrocities being committed by YOUR countrymen, Mr Speaker!" The sheer contempt dripping off his tongue palatable.

Speaker Edward McAllen

Edward leaned forward, pursing his lips. "Actually, it is to be decided by the chamber. Does anyone have an issue to raise? I know Delegate De Weiss does."
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Delegate Cin'ciri Wren Yaim Rusur

Wren raised an eyebrow at the gentleman screaming at the speaker and spoke up, "I do believe that as soon as Mr. McAllen became active speaker, he has denounced his own citizenship, if I am not mistaken. Therefor any aggression towards this mans birth nation should be shifted, and not inflicted on him, as this matter would be out of his hands."
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7