Pages: [1] 2 ... 55

Werewolf VII: Star Wars - The Battle Forgotten

Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • As the planet Nika came into view, the two Jedi knights knew immediately that something was very wrong.

"Master," said the padawan, Sapphiron, "I can sense a great disturbance in the Force coming from Nika. Even at this range. Should we not alert the Council and await reinforcements?"

Master Tau considered it carefully. "I believe you are correct. It would be foolish to continue like this."

Almost as if in response to his words, their ship began to malfunction, and a large red warning began flashing on their monitors: CRITICAL SYSTEM FAILURE.

"I have a very bad feeling about this," Sapphiron shouted above the alarms now going off.

"Calm yourself, my young Padawan. I believe I can land us safely on the planet. We can call for reinforcements when we've landed."

Sapphiron was deeply sceptical. Since when had anything ever worked out so easily for any Jedi? "If you say so, my master," was his deadpan response.

Tau picked right up on Sapphiron's tone, and began to display the shadow of a smile.

True to Tau's word, they had made it relatively safely to the surface. "Well. We only destroyed one scenic rainforest on our way down. Do you remember that time on Naboo? I thought for certain Rugor Nass was going to have us executed."

"Oh, I remember Naboo, alright." Sapphiron had never told anyone, but he had to "persuade" the leader of the Gungans not to execute them while his master was being "questioned." The Force may or may not have been involved in that discussion. Somehow, Sapphiron doubted very much that he'd ever be welcomed on that planet again.

As they exited the ship, one final warning siren went off. The two Jedi looked at each other for the briefest of moments, before running away from the ship like their lives depended on it.

They had made it just 20 metres before the ship exploded, creating a shock-wave that propelled them forward with incredible power. Tau managed to grab onto Sapphiron and use the Force to soften their landing immensely.

When they got up, they saw that they had landed on the edge of the forest, close to the outskirts of the gigantic city they were aiming for to begin with.

"Well, it could--"

"Master, please don't say it could be worse. I think we've tempted fate enough today."

Tau gave a hearty chuckle. His apprentice was right.

They had traversed about a kilometre when the two Sith showed up. Tau had sensed something was wrong for awhile, but couldn't discover the source of his unease. The dark side of the Force echoed all around them on this planet.

One had jumped out of the window of a 5-storey building, and was intent on landing a killing blow on Tau, while the other had rushed Sapphiron from behind, seemingly appearing from thin air. Both had been a tiny bit too noisy. The two Jedi readied their light-sabres with machine-like efficiency, and began to engage their ancient nemeses in brutal battle.

Tau had lost sight of Sapphiron as he focused all his attention on his foe. The Sith moved incredibly quickly, but Tau could sense that he was nervous. Tau aimed a swift strike at the Sith's abdomen, which got blocked, and then threw the Sith with all his might into the building he'd materialised from. The Sith recovered quickly, and leapt to his opponent in a flash. Tau could sense that he might well be out-classed when it came to raw Force potential, but the Sith lacked the finesse and skill to prove too much of a threat. The two engaged in fast-paced battle, with their light-sabers clashing into each other faster than the untrained eye could detect. Tau had just gained the advantage when he managed to leap to the top of a small, flat-roofed house, when he felt a tremendous blow to the back of his head. He went to his knees, then his belly, and began to slide on to the edge of the roof. He managed to turn around onto his back just in time to see Sapphiron closing on the hulking Sith and propelling a sizable stone dustbin into his back. The Sith came flying overhead as Tau tried to gain a glimpse of him, but all he could see was a masked face. He also noticed that the Sith had lost his light-sabre during the course of the battle with Sapphiron. The other Sith, the one Tau had engaged in battle, seemed to realise that the tide of battle had shifted in the Jedis' favour, and blew a horn, obviously calling for their retreat. Tau sat up and watched as his foe quickly began to run away. Sapphiron's foe was nowhere in sight.

The two Jedi took a moment to catch their breaths, and then told each other about the battle.

Sapphiron, it turned out, had swung around just in time to deflect the mighty blow of his opponent, although he had been sent flying as a result of the impact. He had landed on his feet a short distance away, and saw that the hulking figure was carrying a tremendous light-sabre, easily 40% longer than Sapphiron's own. Sapphiron had realised trying to engage this foe in close combat would be suicide, and so had decided to rush him, and keep jumping away at the last instant before Thor (the name he had now given the Sith) could connect him with another mighty blow. Sapphiron had hoped to tire him out, but it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen, and so Sapphiron had begun to throw any large object he could find in the vicinity to him in quick succession, thereby forcing Thor to repel the objects, and giving Sapphiron the space he needed to gradually move closer. Sapphiron's moment came when he managed to throw a small ship at Thor, and since he was close enough, he swooped in and managed to cut the hilt of Thor's light-sabre in half, thereby disabling it. This was not done without consequence, as Thor gave Sapphiron a tremendous blow to the jaw, before leaping onto a nearby roof and running away. Sapphiron was slow to get up, since the blow had made him dizzy, but when he was able, he leapt onto the same roof, and saw that Thor was about to surprise Tau. He searched the area quickly for one more large object, and could only find the dustbin. Tau knew the rest of the story.

"Remarkable. You have become a superb tactician, Sapphiron. Your mastery of the force is astounding. Soon, you'll no doubt become a fully-fledged knight, and I will look on in awe as my one-time apprentice quickly surpasses me." There was no hint of bitterness in Tau's voice. Only pride.

"I have the best master any Jedi could ask for." Sapphiron was every bit as sincere as his master.

"Well, I think we've congratulated each other enough. We'd best begin traversing the area, and try to locate some survivors. At least we now know there was no volcanic explosion, and that the Sith are likely behind this strange occurrence. We've already glimpsed both, too. They probably constructed some sort of device that disables any ship that comes to the planet. It's a good thing we didn't alert the rest of the Order. Who knows how many might have been lost during the sabotaged landing?"

They were indeed able to find a facility where survivors had huddled together, none of them knowing how many survivors might be out there. The Jedi listened with great concern as the survivors recounted how this massacre started. The people in this facility, in turned out, came here from off-world themselves, wondering what could have happened to their loved ones on the planet when all contact was lost. They managed to find computer recordings showing a large cloud of poison descending on the entire city, thereby killing most of the inhabitants within minutes. The poison eventually dissipated, but all the damage had been done. Then, after almost everyone had been killed, someone activated the distress beacon. It was unclear what type of device was causing all the ships to fail, and simultaneously blocking any communication with the rest of the galaxy. It made sense for these to be two separate devices. As of that moment, no motive could be discovered for such a large scale massacre. The Sith were certainly cold-hearted, but killing so many people for no reason whatsoever didn't seem like them. As the Jedi heard all this, they discovered only ever-more questions, and no answers. It was clear that they had fallen into a massive trap.

And they didn't communicate this to the twenty or so people they'd encountered, but they were sure the two Sith must have been hiding in plain sight, and so they began investigating everyone around them silently.

And if you're still with me after that lengthy introduction, welcome to Werewolf VII! :)

Roles and Rules

Brotherhood of Darkness
    There are six Sith in this game, and they are hiding amongst you. They are the standard Werewolves of the game. Should they ever become equal in number to everyone else (excepting CH-4NK0), they will win the game. They will be able to scan someone each 6th night phase.

CH-4NK0
    A droid made by the Brotherhood that turned on them, and has harboured an intense hatred for all life ever since. It will attempt to win all on its own, and should it ever get killed during the night or day phases, it can randomly kill one person who attempted to kill it at night, or who voted for it at day. It is completely neutral, and will kill people independently every 2nd night phase. It will have the opportunity to scan someone every 5th night phase. It is more powerful than any other single player, meaning that if only one Sith and the CH-4NK0 are alive by the end of the game, it will win the game. It will still lose if there are 6 Sith, 5 normal players and it remaining, however.

Paired Jedi Knights
    The Jedi know each other's identity, and will attempt to defend one person each, each night phase. Every third night, they can decide together on one extra person they wish to defend. Note that when they defend someone, they will make it impossible for the Seer to scan that person.

Lost Jedi
    A Jedi that was encased in Carbonite for 30 years, and which will awaken on the 3rd night phase. She will be able to kill one person every 2nd night phase after waking up, and these kills cannot be defended by the other two Jedi. Should she choose to kill, it will come at the expense of defending. She will also never have an idea of who the other players are, even should she get scanned by the Seer. She is alligned with the good guys. When she defends someone, it also negates the Seer's ability to scan that person.

RE-0N
    Your run-of-the-mill droid, but with a twist. He can identify the role of every player he scans (excepting when that player has been defended). He will also kill one random person if he ever gets voted off or killed, and those who will be in the draw for this random death will be those who voted for him, or targeted him.

Wookiee
    This guy landed here quite by accident, and all he really cares about is getting out of this mess alive. He will have 3 opportunities to negate all powers for a specific night phase.

Protocol Droid
    It may be naïve, but it will have the power to prevent the lynching of a player getting voted for by the majority every 2nd day phase.

More Rules!

1. I've grown confident that people are active enough to discuss things without my prodding, so I'm relinquishing the requirement for you guys to kill someone every day phase. You can now use your own judgment. If I see this isn't a wise decision, I will bring back the rule that you have to vote for someone each day phase.

2. You may never explicitly hint at your role, and if you do, you will face immediate expulsion from the game.

3. If you didn't receive a PM telling you about your role, then you are not a power role. Sorry. :P I'm also going to close this topic quickly so I can send those PMs.

4. The first day phase will last for 72 hours (plus a bit of time to calculate the results and whatever), and after that, day phases will last for 48 hours.

5. All night phases will last for 24 hours (and a bit longer to calculate the results.

6. @Point Breeze is my co-host in every sense of the word. Just as you must heed me, you must heed him. I'm in a different time zone from a majority of you guys, and with a game this big, I'm going to need some backup. :)

7. We voted for a Wintreath-themed Star Wars game awhile ago, and this is the result of that. So it goes without saying that the names of the characters in no way indicates their roles.

8. Even if you decide to lynch no one, you still have to at least vote during the day phase to avoid getting lynched for inactivity.

9. You will be considered inactive if you haven't voted for two consecutive day phases, and a grand total of three day phases. At that point, you will get lynched for inactivity.

10. Dead players may comment here and there, but should take care not to influence the game. It would be best, for this reason, to comment in the night phases. I'll use my discretion at deciding what I'll allow. Dead players also have to indicate that they're dead at the beginning of their post by using this code:
    Code: [Select]
    [b]DEAD[/b]
    Player List
    1. @North
    2. @Gerrick
    3. @xXTheHydraXx
    4. @Colberius X (Local, killed at night by Sith)
    5. @Samwise Gamgee
    6. @Sapphiron
    7. @DekuNut
    8. @taulover (Local, Killed at Night by Sith)
    9. @HannahB (RE-0N, killed at night by Sith)
    10. @BraveSirRobin
    11. @Govindia
    12. @Barnes
    13. @Rasdanation
    14. @Wintermoot
    15. @Evelynx
    16. @Pengu
    17. @Commander_Zemas
    18. @VidiLune (Local, voted off and killed)
    19. @Tomb
    20. @Chanku (Sith, voted off and killed by Jedi)
    21. @Wuufu (Sith, killed as RE-0N self-destructed)
    22. @Aragonn
    23. @Gibraltarica (Paired Jedi, killed off for inactivity, replaced with someone else)
    24. @Kuramia
    25. @El Fiji Grande
    26. @aternox
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:46:55 PM by Laurentus »
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • And the PMs have been sent! Enjoy the game, guys, and remember that if you didn't receive a PM, it means you're a normal player.

I'll just mention everyone again so you're all aware that the game has been opened.

Player List
    1. @North
    2. @Gerrick
    3. @xXTheHydraXx
    4. @Colberius X
    5. @Samwise Gamgee
    6. @Sapphiron
    7. @DekuNut
    8. @taulover
    9. @HannahB
    10. @BraveSirRobin
    11. @Govindia
    12. @Barnes
    13. @Rasdanation
    14. @Wintermoot
    15. @Evelynx
    16. @Pengu
    17. @Commander_Zemas
    18. @VidiLune
    19. @Tomb
    20. @Chanku
    21. @Wuufu
    22. @Aragonn
    23. @Gibraltarica
    24. @Kuramia
    25. @El Fiji Grande
    26. @aternox
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Is this a new record of participants? Looking forward to this, and good luck everyone!
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I accidentally opened this earlier thinking you'd meant to Sticky it but hit the wrong button, then re-closed it when I read #3.   :))
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • Master Tau=Epic Name
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Tomb
  • Former Citizen
  • The North Pacific
  • I like the new rules/additions. More power to the players :P
    The North Pacific
    Formerly: Delegate, Minister of Home Affairs, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Communications, Deputy Minister of Communications, Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, Deputy Speaker, Election Commissioner, and Justice.
    Currently: Attorney General, Deputy Minister of Defense, and Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Osiris
    Formerly: Keeper of the Deshret (speaker), Minister of Culture, Minister of WA Affairs, and Deputy Minister of WA Affairs.
    Currently: Citizen and Councilor
    Tomb
    • The North Pacific
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    This gonna be good.
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I aim only to please. I'm glad you all like it. :)
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • Let the games begin!
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    Former Thane of Information
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Member of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Lord of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Formerly His Royal Highness, the Viscount Telcontar of Whitby
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Former Minister of Culture of Ainur x2
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ainur x2
    Former Senator of Ainur x2
    Former Deputy Speaker of Ainur
    Other Regions
    Former Prime Minister of the British Isles
    Former Prime Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Culture Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Member of the Parliament of the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Privy Councillor in the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Member of Parliament of the United Kingdom
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The House of Lancaster-Stuart
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Hydra
  • Former Citizen
  • Hail Hydra!
  • Yay! Another Werewolf game! Good luck to everyone!
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
    - Mae West
    Hydra
    • Hail Hydra!
    • I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • New Name for a NEW GAME!
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Other Regions
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Who wants the honor of the first vote? Nobody? Alright, I'll have the honor.

Vote: Tomb
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • Voting is fun!

Vote:Wintermoot
    Reason:0/10 Too Many Turnips :P
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Other Regions
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I was about to say: "Let the blood begin spattering, already," when I remembered that light-sabres cauterize any wounds they inflict. :P
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Evelynx
  • Former Citizen
  • Queen of Love and Beauty
  • May the force be with us.
    3 people like this post: Colberius X, Laurentus, Imaginative Kane
    Evelynx