Pages: [1]

Schedule and Rules

tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • First month long Programming Challenge will be held in February.

Event details are open to discussion until sign ups open. Please, feel free to ask for clarifications or suggest tweaks to these rules.

If you wish to be reminded once signing up and competition itself begins please express your wish to be notified. I'll be happy to do so.

Schedule
    • Sign ups and theme suggestions open 25 January 12:00 (midday) EST (all times are EST)
    • Competition begins 1 February at midday
    • Entries must be submitted by 22 February midday
    • Public discussion period lasts until 25 February midday
    • Voting starts 25 February midday
    • Voting ends 29 February midday

General Rules
    • Choice of programming language(s) is free.
    • Content preparations are allowed but all programming has to occur during the event.
    • Libraries and APIs are allowed, but need to be listed and explained in entry post.
    • Source code has to be made available by the beginning of the public discussion period.
    • Teams are not allowed.
    • Once event has started all interpretation disputes of this document will be solved by majority vote.

Theme
    • Each competitor has to suggest a theme and may suggest up tp three distinct themes.
    • Theme will be drawn using Zaphyr's dice command.
    • tatte will execute the command with a channel op present.

Voting
    • Three day inspection and discussion preceeds actual voting. During this time changes are allowed.
    • Voting lasts for four days. During this time changes are no longer allowed.
    • Voters rate three best entries, giving the best three points and the worst one point etc.
    • Competitors may not vote for their own project.

Use common sense. Since winner is determined by public vote it is up to you to make your entry appealing and easy to use.
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • As per the rules we were supposed to post entries by now, but I for one know that I will not be submitting anything for this competition. I failed miserably at finishing anything in time.

How are things going, @Wintermoot and @Wuufu? I suggest we simplify things and just have the voting in three days, assuming that more than one contestant is submitting a program.

Also, @Hugsim and @Evelynx, how are things going with your projects?

I apologize for not giving advance notices before this deadline actually passed, I had things reversed in my mind and didn't bother to check.
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Hugsim
  • Citizen
  • The Formerly Right Honourable
  • I was going to make something, but I never got an idea for what to do. I suggested too difficult of a theme for me :P
    Skrifa of the 8th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 7th Underhusen
    Acting speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    • The Formerly Right Honourable
    Hugsim
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Everden
      Wintreath Nation
    Wuufu
  • Citizen
  • I have created something, but it's not entirely complete. As I said in my other thread, I hadn't gotten round to finishing the story yet. And the story is what has the theme in it (yes, the theme is integrated).

I was going to post it up this morning, but things at work keep breaking. I've just been on a bug fixing rampage all day and it's still going.

I can post it late if that's acceptable, and mention what the story based link to the theme would be had I finished the story, so you can see what I've done so far. I do intend to keep working on it.
    Wuufu
    • Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Unfortunately between real life and things being so active on here I didn't have much time to work on my project. I'm pretty disappointed in myself, because I thought I had a great idea, but I don't think I"m going to have anything worth voting for. =/

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Evelynx
  • Former Citizen
  • Queen of Love and Beauty
  • Yeah, for me life + laziness interfered with my ability to get to this.. I had some good ideas but it kinda fell through.

=(
    Evelynx
    • Queen of Love and Beauty
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]