Pages: [1] 2

Administration Rules and Guidelines

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Administration Rules and Guidelines

Wintreath is a laid-back region and openness is one of our founding principles, but in the interests of ensuring all of our regionmates and Citizens can participate in a safe and comfortable manner we have put in place the following rules. The interpretation of the rules below are at the discretion of the administrative teams. Regionmates who are participating on the NationStates website, including the region page, should be aware that it follows a stricter ruleset, which can be found here. Additionally, these rules are in addition to the code of laws enforced by the regional court system, which can be found here.

Unwelcome Behaviour

• Penalty Evasion: Any action taken with the purpose of evading a penalty leveled by administration from an area of the region, including but not limited to: creating a new account to bypass a ban, relogging to bypass a mute, or utilizing Zaphyr's message function to contact people in the chatroom while banned from it.
    • Flaming: Personal insults, swears, and attacks directed to other members.
    • Illegal Content: Any content which is against the law for Wintreath to host, including copyright infringement.
    • Impersonation: Any attempt to impersonate somebody else, either by adopting a similar name or directly claiming to be somebody else
    • Harassment: Any systematic or repeated action that is directed to another member after they have made clear that it is unwelcome. This includes using Zaphyr's message function to contact members in the chatroom who have placed you on their ignore list or repeating the action in a private setting.
    • Trolling: Any posts or behavior made with the intention of provoking somebody else will be considered trolling, especially if the messages are not in context of the conversation taking place at the time.
    • Advocating Violence: Advocating or threatening violence toward any group or individual will not be tolerated.
    • Bug Abuse: Any action which utilizes a bug in any area of the region for advantage or benefit which would not have otherwise been possible to undertake without authorization.
    • Explicit NSFW Content: Explicit NSFW content should only be posted in adult/NSFW areas.

Political Discussion Guidelines

• Stereotypical/Blanket Statements: Blanket statements that generalize or stereotype a group of people are not permitted. At the first incident, a mod/op will discuss why the statement made is stereotypical or generalizes a group. Further incidents will be treated as flaming or trolling, and could also result in loss of access to political channels and forums. Some examples of this include "transgender people are mentally unstable/weak" or "all cops are bastards".

Reporting and Appeals Process

Usually the administration team will catch violations of these rules, but if you believe something has slipped through the cracks you may report it to the any member of the staff on that platform (such as a chat op if it took place in chat), preferably one that is online. If nobody is online, you may contact a member later on, but please be sure to have logs that show the violations you are reporting. This person will make a ruling and take any action based on their best judgement, taking into account the gravity of the situation and the warn/ban history of the person. Any person who feels they have been unfairly ruled against may appeal to the Senior member of the team, and from there may make a final appeal to the entire administration team, including the Founder, which will privately discuss the situation and come to a final conclusion.

Please note that reporting an action to administration does not preclude you from also filing a court case within the regional court system if the action also violates regional law. Administration and the regional court process are independent of each other, and are entitled to come to different conclusions or to both apply actions that are within their purview.
    4 people like this post: Emoticonius, Caddy, Govindia, Chanku, Lidwine
    « Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:11:32 PM by Wintermoot »

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • This is pretty good.

I got a few questions:

1. Can the Code of Criminal Laws be updated to reflect this?

2. Are you saying now that the IRC is under the jurisdiction of the region's laws, including the Criminal Code?
    Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • 1) The Code of Law is determined by the Storting, and is completely separate from these rules. If you want to make changes to the code of law, you should propose them to the Storting.

2) Wintrean Citizens are under the jurisdiction of the region's laws...as has been mentioned before, the government cannot direct the founder or any of the founder's staff, including IRC ops, to do anything, but it can enforce regional law separately from and/or in addition to the founder's staff.
    4 people like this post: Lidwine, Govindia, Chanku, Emoticonius, Caddy

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Really, just add a Penalty Evasion part, define it and give a few examples of how this might happen, and this will be all set again. And also make it clear that a ban awaits those who evade such penalties.
    1 person likes this post: Govindia
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Colberius X
  • Citizen
  • Servant of Order
  • EDIT: Yes, apparently this does carry over to IRC.

Hmm... Does it count as a rule violation if it occurred before joining the region in any capacity?
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:45:39 PM by Colberius X »

First Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria - Founded 5.06.2015
    Former Peer of the Overhusen - Served 4.17.2015 until 6.08.2016
    Recipient of the Wintreath Commendation - Awarded 11.02.2017

Lord Inquisitor
    Ambassador of New Hyperion
    Colberius X
    • Servant of Order
    • I serve the balance, and through it the Force shall guide me.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Modifications have been made to the rules. Please re-read and make sure you are familiar with them.

Specifically, the rule on ban evasion has been modified to penalty evasion, and it is made clear that the interpretation of the rules are at the discretion of the administrative teams.
    4 people like this post: Wuufu, Michi, Govindia, Caddy

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • Can we include Spam into the list?
    6 people like this post: Caddy, Michi, Govindia, taulover, Laurentus, Crushita
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I agree.  I'm starting to get tired when threads, especially serious threads, are getting derailed because of off-topic spam.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • I agree.  I'm starting to get tired when threads, especially serious threads, are getting derailed because of off-topic spam.
    this is about IRC rules o.O?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • I think these apply for both, since these rules hit on things that are fairly serious offenses in either area.

The difference being that forum-spamming isn't normally treated as seriously.  in IRC, you can get chat banned if you're consistently warned not to chat-spam and it continues (Nick spamming constantly when asked to stop by OPs, for example).

Up till now, it's essentially just been warnings on the forums to not derail threads with off topic spam, and it's normally just been shifted to different areas or ignored.

However, it's coming to the point to where it's starting to annoy people...especially when it happens in serious threads that shouldn't contain it.  So the request is to put it as part of the rules so that it can be treated more seriously both in IRC (where it already is) and forums (where it needs to start being such).
    « Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:58:52 PM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • I think these apply for both, since these rules hit on things that are fairly serious offenses in either area.

The difference being that forum-spamming isn't normally treated as seriously.  in IRC, you can get chat banned if you're consistently warned not to chat-spam and it continues (Nick spamming constantly when asked to stop by OPs, for example).

Up till now, it's essentially just been warnings on the forums to not derail threads with off topic spam, and it's normally just been shifted to different areas or ignored.

However, it's coming to the point to where it's starting to annoy people...especially when it happens in serious threads that shouldn't contain it.  So the request is to put it as part of the rules so that it can be treated more seriously both in IRC (where it already is) and forums (where it needs to start being such).

I concur then.

Other Areas of NS:

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Added a rule against bug abuse. Bugs should be reported and should NEVER be intentionally used, even if they have been reported.
    2 people like this post: HannahB, Michi

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • A new rule about making blanket/stereotypical statements about groups of people in political debates has been added. Additionally, the IRC-era NSFW rule has been updated to allow explicit NSFW content only in designated channels.
    1 person likes this post: taulover

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation