Pages: [1] 2 ... 8

Wintreath Space Expeditions (Character Apps.)

Thank for taking interest in this brand new roleplay. I looked at all your comments and I think Space would have a lot more variety. Anyways, time for Character Application. There will be roles you can choose from. These will be Explorer, Pilot, Scientist/Engineer/Artificer.

The Explorer's role is to investigate planets to deem if its safe for colonization. They will also help discover alien artifacts (If there are aliens  :o ) and see if the planet could be colonized.

The Pilot's role is to fight any dangers that will be seen. They man the weapon systems and maneuverability.

These 3 roles can be the same or sub-roles. Artificers are ones who invent and engineer. You could be more specialized and be a scientist or an engineer. I will make a research and development thread depending on how many people go in this area.

Note: Age won't matter much in this roleplay since I don't think we want our characters to die in travel. In the character app, you will see a part called Special. You will be allowed a special trait to aid in the adventure. It could be anything from a trait (e.x Really good at discovering things) to an item (ex. home made weapon). Try not to make this special too god-mode.

App:

Character Name:

Bio:

Role:

Special:

Anyways, thank you for participating! This thread will also be used for discussion about the RP.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:44:15 PM by Commander_Zemas »
Commander_Zemas
Character Name: Grand Prince Alexsandr Von Erikson

Bio: Grand Prince Alexsandr Von Erikson was born into the Royal Family of the Eriksons. However, he found the royal life dull and took interest in adventuring. His parents took note and listed him in the Wintreath Officer Academy. He gained respect from his peers and his ability was taken note in the High Command. However, he decided to end his military career when he was a Colonel. Soon, he ended up being recruited to command the USS Wintreath to explore the Cosmos.

Role: Captain

Special: Grand Strategos. Boost to combat skill and increases morale to those near him.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:10:04 PM by Commander_Zemas »
Commander_Zemas
BraveSirRobin
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • Character Name:  Commander Tomalek

Bio:  Commander Tomalek received his degree at the Andromedian Science Academy Campus in Andromedian Shi'Kahr after being raised in the Rael province on Deltnon Prime.  At the age of 24 Sural Tomalek joined the Wintreath Space Command and served on the USS Pulsar for 30 years before taking a position as the Professor of Theoretical Warp Mechanics and Advanced Propulsion at the Academia Sciencia on Deltnon.  Hearing of the increase in funding of the Space Program, he has decided to attempt to become part of the crew of the new USS Wintreath, ideally as Chief Engineer. 

Role:  Artificer 

Special: "Vulcan Logic" (May improve propulsion systems and repair defensive systems quickly and efficiently.)  (Note:  As a Vulcan, Sural Tomalek has not spent much time on offensive systems, such as torpedoes and laser batteries, and therefore cannot repair them as quickly or as effectively.)

So does this look like a good character app?  Miss anything?
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Character Name:  Commander Tomalek

Bio:  Commander Tomalek received his degree at the Andromedian Science Academy Campus in Andromedian Shi'Kahr after being raised in the Rael province on Deltnon Prime.  At the age of 24 Sural Tomalek joined the Wintreath Space Command and served on the USS Pulsar for 30 years before taking a position as the Professor of Theoretical Warp Mechanics and Advanced Propulsion at the Academia Sciencia on Deltnon.  Hearing of the increase in funding of the Space Program, he has decided to attempt to become part of the crew of the new USS Wintreath, ideally as Chief Engineer. 

Role:  Artificer 

Special: "Vulcan Logic" (May improve propulsion systems and repair defensive systems quickly and efficiently.)  (Note:  As a Vulcan, Sural Tomalek has not spent much time on offensive systems, such as torpedoes and laser batteries, and therefore cannot repair them as quickly or as effectively.)

So does this look like a good character app?  Miss anything?

Looks good enough to me! I'll list you on the IC thread.
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Character Name: Aviator Hendrik Wolfskemer

Bio: Wolfskemer was raised by a prominent military family in the Drop Zone district of New Hatfield, in the Northern Corridor of the Laurentian Empire. Raised as the second child amidst 3 brothers, he found it difficult to live up to the expectations of his name, but had a good eye for strategy from a young age. He trained to be a pilot from the age of seventeen, but got bored with the life, and left the University of Luminera two years later. He then travelled the Laurentian Empire extensively by competing in various chess competitions across the empire, and winning quite a few. He also learned a number of martial arts to protect himself during his travels. He got into a fight at a bar one night, and ended up accidentally killing his attacker. The judge who presided over his trial sentenced him to serve 5 years in the military when he was 22, but something in his manner caught a recruiter's eye. He was recruited for a very special mission into the last frontier and had to complete his pilot training, and he now finds himself on the USS Wintreath. He is a cynical young man, and rarely laughs, so it still amazes him that he was chosen for such an important mission.

Role: Pilot

Special: Advanced close-quarters combat training, Rare talent as a pilot.
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Character Name: Aviator Hendrik Wolfskemer

Bio: Wolfskemer was raised by a prominent military family in the Drop Zone district of New Hatfield, in the Northern Corridor of the Laurentian Empire. Raised as the second child amidst 3 brothers, he found it difficult to live up to the expectations of his name, but had a good eye for strategy from a young age. He trained to be a pilot from the age of seventeen, but got bored with the life, and left the University of Luminera two years later. He then travelled the Laurentian Empire extensively by competing in various chess competitions across the empire, and winning quite a few. He also learned a number of martial arts to protect himself during his travels. He got into a fight at a bar one night, and ended up accidentally killing his attacker. The judge who presided over his trial sentenced him to serve 5 years in the military when he was 22, but something in his manner caught a recruiter's eye. He was recruited for a very special mission into the last frontier and had to complete his pilot training, and he now finds himself on the USS Wintreath. He is a cynical young man, and rarely laughs, so it still amazes him that he was chosen for such an important mission.

Role: Pilot

Special: Advanced close-quarters combat training, Rare talent as a pilot.

Welcome to the USS Wintreath!
    Commander_Zemas
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • Character Name: Surveyor Aria Wells

Bio: Surveyor Wells was born in Kuramin, the capital of Talvias. Her parents were notable for having both served in the Talvian Space Authority. Following in their footsteps, Aria acquired a degree from the University of Kuramin at age 22 and served on the TSA for several years. Her exceptional performance in her duties led to her securing a position in the Wintreath Space Command. She was later chosen for duty on the USS Wintreath.

Wells is very inquisitive, though at the same time duty-oriented. She explores thoroughly whenever possible, but first and foremost makes sure her mission is completed and done well. She is quite introverted, preferring to ponder on her own thoughts and ideas than dwell to much on those of others.

She has little military experience, though she has received training in the usage of small firearms and hand-to-hand combat.

Role: Explorer

Special: Very sharp eye, able to catch things that would normally slide by unnoticed.

OOC Note; Talvias will be the name of the nation I use in all Wintreath RPs, due to the fact that I don't want to have this linked to my main RP nation.
    Bodobol
    Character Name: Surveyor Aria Wells

Bio: Surveyor Wells was born in Kuramin, the capital of Talvias. Her parents were notable for having both served in the Talvian Space Authority. Following in their footsteps, Aria acquired a degree from the University of Kuramin at age 22 and served on the TSA for several years. Her exceptional performance in her duties led to her securing a position in the Wintreath Space Command. She was later chosen for duty on the USS Wintreath.

Wells is very inquisitive, though at the same time duty-oriented. She explores thoroughly whenever possible, but first and foremost makes sure her mission is completed and done well. She is quite introverted, preferring to ponder on her own thoughts and ideas than dwell to much on those of others.

She has little military experience, though she has received training in the usage of small firearms and hand-to-hand combat.

Special: Very sharp eye, able to catch things that would normally slide by unnoticed.

OOC Note; Talvias will be the name of the nation I use in all Wintreath RPs, due to the fact that I don't want to have this linked to my main RP nation.

Welcome aboard!
    Commander_Zemas
    Do you guys think we have enough people to start the roleplay? Or should wait for more people.
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Quite a few people showed interest, so I'd wait, were I you, but it's your decision.
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Let's wait then.
    Commander_Zemas
    Gerrick
  • Character Name: Gunther Stenberg

Bio: The man that became Gunther Stenberg was raised in a nauseatingly average family in a nauseatingly average town in the Democratic States of Geramundo. In school he was bullied for being boring and meek and having no real friends. After he graduated, he took a meaningless, monotonous job as a civil servant where he worked for the next 15 years of his life. He was decent at it, but he hated his boss who never recognized his accomplishments. He lived in isolation with a growing resentment towards humanity in general for their spitefulness towards he who had done nothing wrong...

That is, until the day that changed his life. He had had it with his job, his boss, and everyone he had ever interacted with, so he went to a local gun warehouse (crime is virtually unknown in Geramundo, so it's very easy to buy guns) and bought the most expensive gun they had -- a top-of-the-line machine gun with plenty of modifications and ammunition -- costing a large chunk of his life savings. He made his way to his place of work -- to do what, he wasn't exactly sure. Just as he was getting ready to pull out his brand new machine gun, the building exploded in a beautiful blast of fire. He stood and watched in shock as some of his coworkers crumbled to die, one of which (who he later liked to think was his boss) walked towards him for help, only to collapse. His shock slowly turned into excitement and exhilaration, and he realized that he would be thought dead. He raced off and used the rest of his life savings to completely change his identity to become Gunther Stenberg, a bad ass who doesn't take shit from anybody.

He quickly joined a mercenary group so that he could do something exciting as well as see literally anywhere outside of his home country. The group, named Fire's Edge, liked his renegade spirit as well as his big gun and were impressed by his (fake) credentials. For the better part of a year he traveled with the group, but as he was too scared he never put himself in any real danger, which nobody seemed to notice. He figured they'd catch on eventually, though, and he realized that none of the places they were going were too exciting, so when he met a recruiter to join an exploration mission aboard a ship into space, he immediately signed up and was stationed aboard the USS Wintreath.

Special: His top-of-the-line machine gun (which he has never fired before)

This will be my first ever roleplay, so try to be patient with the newbie. :) Basically I wanted to get across that my character will be seen as a tough veteran mercenary, but it's secretly just the mask (and shield) for a dull, cowardly man with a distrust of people, no real combat training/experience, and a strong desire to see (and be) something new.
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Character Name: Gunther Stenberg

Bio: The man that became Gunther Stenberg was raised in a nauseatingly average family in a nauseatingly average town in the Democratic States of Geramundo. In school he was bullied for being boring and meek and having no real friends. After he graduated, he took a meaningless, monotonous job as a civil servant where he worked for the next 15 years of his life. He was decent at it, but he hated his boss who never recognized his accomplishments. He lived in isolation with a growing resentment towards humanity in general for their spitefulness towards he who had done nothing wrong...

That is, until the day that changed his life. He had had it with his job, his boss, and everyone he had ever interacted with, so he went to a local gun warehouse (crime is virtually unknown in Geramundo, so it's very easy to buy guns) and bought the most expensive gun they had -- a top-of-the-line machine gun with plenty of modifications and ammunition -- costing a large chunk of his life savings. He made his way to his place of work -- to do what, he wasn't exactly sure. Just as he was getting ready to pull out his brand new machine gun, the building exploded in a beautiful blast of fire. He stood and watched in shock as some of his coworkers crumbled to die, one of which (who he later liked to think was his boss) walked towards him for help, only to collapse. His shock slowly turned into excitement and exhilaration, and he realized that he would be thought dead. He raced off and used the rest of his life savings to completely change his identity to become Gunther Stenberg, a bad ass who doesn't take shit from anybody.

He quickly joined a mercenary group so that he could do something exciting as well as see literally anywhere outside of his home country. The group, named Fire's Edge, liked his renegade spirit as well as his big gun and were impressed by his (fake) credentials. For the better part of a year he traveled with the group, but as he was too scared he never put himself in any real danger, which nobody seemed to notice. He figured they'd catch on eventually, though, and he realized that none of the places they were going were too exciting, so when he met a recruiter to join an exploration mission aboard a ship into space, he immediately signed up and was stationed aboard the USS Wintreath.

Special: His top-of-the-line machine gun (which he has never fired before)

This will be my first ever roleplay, so try to be patient with the newbie. :) Basically I wanted to get across that my character will be seen as a tough veteran mercenary, but it's secretly just the mask (and shield) for a dull, cowardly man with a distrust of people, no real combat training/experience, and a strong desire to see (and be) something new.
    Welcome to roleplaying! I trust you know the rules, if not read here (http://rsroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/Common_Rules_of_Roleplay) I hope this will be a fun experience for you! Welcome aboard "Veteran!"
    Commander_Zemas
    We'll wait for one more person and we can launch this Roleplay into space.
    Commander_Zemas
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Character Name: Zerick Chase

Bio: At the age of 10, Zerick attended an airshow to see the latest in aviation technology. The sights he saw inspired him to become a pilot, and worked his hardest in school to achieve this goal. But along the way, he realized he had a knack for engineering. After figuring this out, he changed pursuits to become an engineer. At the age of 22, he built a coilgun in his college dorm room from spare parts.

After he graduated with his degree in engineering, he signed on to become a crew member aboard the USSR Wintreath in hopes that he can take what he learned and challenge himself.

Role: Engineer

Special: Specializes with building, maintaining, and repairing weapons (including ship weapons)
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2 ... 8