Pages: [1] 2 ... 10

Wintreath's Got Talent (Werewolf #2)

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction

• Host: Hello everyone, I'm your host, Nigel Thornberry, and I welcome you to a smashing game of Wintreath's Got talent!

Nigel: In this game, the contestants will go all willy nilly in voting together on who will perform in front of the judges.  Obviously in this game, performing in front of the judges is the most dreadful thing that can happen, since they're more likely to give you the boot.

Nigel: To add to the delight of the show, the producers have allowed 3 talentless individuals in, so that they'll ruin other contestants' tricks and get them booted.  They hope to steal the win for themselves and become the next Talent Extraordinare.  So not smashing!

Nigel: But to make things a little more fair to the contestants, they've also hired some unusual new acts to help them out.  First we have:

The Fabulous Frannie!

Nigel: Frannie comes to us from parts unknown...how devilishly smashing!  During each commercial break, she'll use her collection of cards to ask about one of the contestants.  The response she'll get back may tell her if that contestant is a smashing new friend, or a not so smashing saboteur!

Nigel:
    Next up, we have the unusual, but equally smashing Wall Sons!

Nigel: These lovely fellows come to us from one of the most unusual places known to man: Cleveland, Ohio!  These skilled brothers, known as Billy and Dave, can build walls in a matter of minutes out of anything they can find.  They hope to use this skill to protect our contestants from the hands of the saboteurs.  How smashing!  Unfortunately, their vain nature won't let them protect the same person twice in a row, and to add to the dilemma, they won't protect each other!  But they can still defend themselves of course.

Nigel: Last up, we have the most smooth talking, positively handsome chap of the show, Frankie G!

Nigel: Mmmyes, doesn't he just look smashing!  Frankie G comes to us from Pailiway, a positively smashing place that I have no idea where it's at!  During three total showtimes, Frankie G can redirect all majority votes to someone of his choosing.  And because he's such a smashing guy with an equally smashing clause in his contract, he can also cancel out all activities during a single commercial break.

Nigel: And that's it for our contestants, and now for the less than smashing part, the rules!

1) The Wall Sons cannot defend the same person twice in one night.  Because of envy towards each other, they also will not defend each other, but they can still defend themselves.

2) Because Frankie G is the most amazin' guy, he will share his win with either winning team, and he will most likely charm his way to become Wintreath's top contestant.  For those wanting to take the top spot instead, getting him booted is obviously a priority.

3) The show will have two sections:  Showtime, in which our cameras will be rolling for 48 hours as the contestants decide who to send up next...and Commercial Break, where the specialty roles will be off doing their own thing for 24 hours.

4) To choose a contestant to send up after deciding who you want, simply say Vote: Send ______ to the stage.  All votes must be placed in the thread or they will not count.  You're welcome to talk as a group and discuss who you believe should be sent up next.

5) Since we can't have a show without a performer, there must ALWAYS be someone chosen to go up on stage.  If there are any rounds where a consensus can't be reached (a tie vote or no votes for anyone), there will be penalties enacted in the form of either a forced send up, a role reveal, power loss, or something else entirely.

6) Roles cannot be revealed publicly, meaning you can't say that you're a specific role in the game.  However, Fantastic Frannie will be allowed to still add known contestants to her private discussion.

7) All messaging between players will be controlled by the host.  Any rogue messages that are sent and discovered will enact a penalty.

8 ) There will be a Behind the Scenes PM for those who are booted off the show.  If you're booted from the show, you can say your final goodbye in the game (much like if you're kicked from a reality show, you get that last moment to talk), and then you can move on to the Behind the Scenes PM if you choose.

9) All contestants (even those chosen for the specialty roles) may choose to message the Host (aka PM me) with the talent they choose.  This can be a simple line saying what you wish to do in front of the judges, or it can be a detailed scenario.  If you end up being booted from the show, your talent will be shown for all to see, for example:

Host: Hey folks, and welcome back to Taco Island's Got Talent! Our next performer is a bit of a doozy, and might make some of you at home a bit queezy, but we hope you'll enjoy this next amazing feat!

Alfred "Ater Nox" Noxuma walks on stage.

Alfred: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen. Tonight I will perform a feat unseen by man for centuries. I learnt this death defying skill on from an ancient tribe located in the deepest, darkest corners of the Amazon. Tonight, I will attempt to eat a Peanut Butter Sandwich using only one hand. Before I begin, I must warn you: Do not try this at home.

Ater Nox approaches the sandwich and slowly lifts it with his right hand.

Alfred: Wait, this isn't right... This is a Jam Sandwich!

Alfred wipes some sweat from his brow with his other hand as he tries to lift the sandwich to biting height. Unfortunately his hand is shaking so much with nerves all he manages to do is smear the sandwich all over his face. As the crowd begins to boo, security guards enter the stage to remove him.

As he is dragged from the stage, Ater Nox shouts

Alfred: Wait, I have more tricks! I can drink a glass of water blindfolded! I can walk backwards with no shoes on! I can even arrive at a bus stop exactly a minute before the bus arrives! Please, give me another chance!

Alfred "Ater Nox" Noxuma's trick has been sabotaged, and he has been booted from the show. He was the only contestant that the audience fell asleep watching.
    an example of a contestant-submitted scenario.  All ending scenarios will follow this structure when I write them up.

Nigel: And that explains the show! Smashing, right?  If there's any questions, comments, or concerns, you can write them down in our suggestion box, and we'll answer them as quick as possible.  (in other words, ask in here or PM :P)  Have a positively smashing game!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to tag the thread/post here whilest I get PMs sent out for roles.  The first showtime will occur once I've heard from everyone either by PM or in here.  :)

Happy gaming!

Current list of Contestants:
    *Vinaza: Dave Wall (sabotaged)
    *Sapphiron: Saboteur #1 (booted)
    *Wintermoot (Sabotaged)
    *Aternox (booted)
    *Reon: Fabulous Frannie (Sabotaged)
    *The Candy Lane
    *Barry
    *Colberius X
    *Hugsim
    *Aragonn
    *Arcadonisia (booted)
    *VarunHebli (booted due to inactivity)
    *Aersoldorf: Saboteur #2 (Booted)
    1 person likes this post: Barry
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:07:23 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Hugsim
  • Citizen
  • The Formerly Right Honourable
  • Hello there, other contestants!
    Skrifa of the 8th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 7th Underhusen
    Acting speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Hugsim
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Everden
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • * Wintermoot waves

Hello there...what's your talent?

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Hugsim
  • Citizen
  • I... uh... do stuff! And things!
    Hugsim
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Everden
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Just a reminder:  You can send me a message with the talent that you choose, whether it be a fully written scenario or a sentence...it's up to you.

Your talent will be shown when you're chosen to perform in front of the judges.

If you're chosen and have no talent that you wanted, don't worry...I'll make one up for you.  :)
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I... uh... do stuff! And things!
    You don't know what your talent is?

* Wintermoot is suspecious

Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Aersoldorf
  • Exalted Guest
  • Hi all, good luck - unless your a saboteur, in which case I hope you fall off the stage and break a leg  :P
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    Aersoldorf
    • Exalted Guest
    Hugsim
  • Citizen
  • Very suspecious. :P
    Hugsim
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Everden
      Wintreath Nation
    Arcadonisia
  • Former Citizen
  • Hola fellow contestants! May the fun begin!
    Arcadonisia
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Barry
  • Village Drifter
  • Hello everyone, and Good Luck!

*starts twirling a baton and dancing with a mop on stage, while the "1812 Overture" blasts in the background*
    Barry the Butler - "Butlers with bow ties are cool."
    Barry
    • Senator from 10000 Islands
    • Village Drifter
    The Candy Lane
  • Village Drifter
  • Good luck guys.
    Citizen and Senator of 10000 Islands
    Knight of TITO
    The Candy Lane
    • Village Drifter
    aternox
  • Village Drifter
  • Good luck everyone!

Visiting from the 10000 Islands!
    aternox
    • Village Drifter
    Michi
  • Just waiting to hear back from a few more people, then we can start.  :)
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • Morning everyone! And good luck!
    Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
    Reon
    • Follow the Truth, whoever that may be.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Welcome everyone! And good luck :)

Wintermoot