Pages: [1] 2 3

Werewolf #2 - Wintreath's Got Talent Sign ups!

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Hello everyone, and welcome to signups for Wintreath's got Talent!

In this game, it's actually not about getting on stage and performing.  It's quite the opposite, in fact.  With the judges that have been hired this year, getting up on stage and performing is the last thing you want to do, because you almost definitely will not make it to the next round.

Instead, with an added twist for this show, you as a group will vote on who you want to perform during the next show.  But also as a group, you'll want to vote off the notorious Saboteurs - talentless hacks that will do nothing but sabotage your trick during the commercial break so that you will fail for sure.  If enough of them remain with an equal number of you, then they'll steal the win from you.  If you get all of them booted from the show, however, then one of you can become the next winner of Wintreath's Got Talent!

And to make sure there's some fairness involved, we've also enlisted some help for the contestants, though there are rules:

First, we've hired the Fabulous Frannie to help sift through the contestants and sniff out the Saboteurs.  During each commercial break, she can use her charm and keen sense of the metaphysical to seek the truth.

Next, we've hired the Wall Sons - Billy and Dave to help protect contestants each commercial break from any attempt on their trick.

Finally, we've got Frankie G, our expert persuader.  With a smile and a puppy dog look that would even make the angels weep, he can redirect the majority votes towards someone of his choosing for 3 total nights.  And because he somehow persuaded me, he can also have one night where every trick performed by our special contestants, as well as all attempts at sabotage, are all completely negated.  Unfortunately, nobody will know when this has happened, as per Frankie's "No askin', no tellin', no need for me to be bruisin'" clause in his contract...sorry folks.

Like all contestants, though, if any of our Specialty acts' tricks are sabotaged, they'll have to perform next with their half-pieced trick, and most likely be booted from the show.

With all games, there are rules to know...and here they are!

1) The Wall Sons cannot defend the same person twice in one night.  Because of envy towards each other, they also will not defend each other, but they can still defend themselves.

2) Because Frankie G is the most amazin' guy, he will share his win with either winning team, and he will most likely charm his way to become Wintreath's top contestant.  For those wanting to take the top spot instead, getting him booted is obviously a priority.

3) The show will have two sections:  Showtime, in which our cameras will be rolling for 48 hours as the contestants decide who to send up next...and Commercial Break, where the specialty roles will be off doing their own thing for 24 hours.

4) To choose a contestant to send up after deciding who you want, simply say Vote: Send ______ to the stage.

5) Since we can't have a show without a performer, there must ALWAYS be someone chosen to go up on stage.  If there are any rounds where a consensus can't be reached (a tie vote or no votes for anyone), there will be penalties enacted in the form of either a forced send up, a role reveal, power loss, or something else entirely.

6) Roles cannot be revealed publicly, meaning you can't say that you're a specific role in the game.  However, Fantastic Frannie will be allowed to still add known contestants to her private discussion.

7) All messaging between players will be controlled by the host.  Any rogue messages that are sent and discovered will enact a penalty.

8 ) There will be a Behind the Scenes PM for those who are booted off the show.  If you're booted from the show, you can say your final goodbye in the game (much like if you're kicked from a reality show, you get that last moment to talk), and then you can move on to the Behind the Scenes PM if you choose.

9) All contestants (even those chosen for the specialty roles) may choose to message the Host (aka PM me) with the talent they choose.  This can be a simple line saying what you wish to do in front of the judges, or it can be a detailed scenario.  If you end up being booted from the show, your talent will be shown for all to see, for example:

Host: Hey folks, and welcome back to Taco Island's Got Talent! Our next performer is a bit of a doozy, and might make some of you at home a bit queezy, but we hope you'll enjoy this next amazing feat!

Alfred "Ater Nox" Noxuma walks on stage.

Alfred: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen. Tonight I will perform a feat unseen by man for centuries. I learnt this death defying skill on from an ancient tribe located in the deepest, darkest corners of the Amazon. Tonight, I will attempt to eat a Peanut Butter Sandwich using only one hand. Before I begin, I must warn you: Do not try this at home.

Ater Nox approaches the sandwich and slowly lifts it with his right hand.

Alfred: Wait, this isn't right... This is a Jam Sandwich!

Alfred wipes some sweat from his brow with his other hand as he tries to lift the sandwich to biting height. Unfortunately his hand is shaking so much with nerves all he manages to do is smear the sandwich all over his face. As the crowd begins to boo, security guards enter the stage to remove him.

As he is dragged from the stage, Ater Nox shouts

Alfred: Wait, I have more tricks! I can drink a glass of water blindfolded! I can walk backwards with no shoes on! I can even arrive at a bus stop exactly a minute before the bus arrives! Please, give me another chance!

Alfred "Ater Nox" Noxuma's trick has been sabotaged, and he has been booted from the show. He was the only contestant that the audience fell asleep watching.
    an example of a contestant-submitted scenario.  All ending scenarios will follow this structure when I write them up.

These signups will close January 10th (a Saturday, to give time for our foreign allies to jump in and for word to be spread out).

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please feel to post in here or send a PM.  Otherwise, if you'd like to sign up, please express your interest in here and send a PM with your desired talent (if none is sent by the time you're booted from the show, one will be made for you).

Happy gaming!

Current list of Contestants:
    *Vinaza
    *Sapphiron
    *Wintermoot
    *Aternox
    *Reon
    *The Candy Lane
    *Barry
    *Colberius X
    *Hugsim
    *Aragonn
    *Arcadonisia
    *VarunHebli
    *Aersoldorf
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:10:23 PM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Vinaza
  • Former Citizen
  • Eldritch Emperor
  • Sounds interesting; count me in. c:
    Vinaza/Papa Jet | Sampetrius | They pronouns | #witchsquad
    Vinaza
    • Eldritch Emperor
    • proletariat prince
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • Sapphiron signs up

Even with the inclusion of Rule 6, players are still allowed to drop subtle hints about their roles right?
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • How fabulous. :P

I'm curious, did you come up with this theme by yourself?

* Wintermoot signs up

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    aternox
  • Village Drifter
  • I'll sign up Pengu. Hopefully this time the Saboteurs won't embarrass me in front of everyone ;)

You might need to pm me at the XKI forum when it starts, I'm sometimes a bit slow remembering about games on other forums.
    Visiting from the 10000 Islands!
    aternox
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Welcome to our region btw, aternox! We're honoured to have you. :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • I'll sign up as well... Seems in the spirit of my life.
    Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
    Reon
    • Follow the Truth, whoever that may be.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • How fabulous. :P

I'm curious, did you come up with this theme by yourself?

* Wintermoot signs up

Yes and no.  If you've ever seen America's Got Talent, then you'll understand where I came up with the idea, so I can't take complete credit for it.  But I did this one in 10KI as well, though Frankie G was replaced by a different, more complicated role.

And good to see you Ater!  I'll shoot you a PM when we're drawing close to starting.  :)
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Sapphiron signs up

Even with the inclusion of Rule 6, players are still allowed to drop subtle hints about their roles right?

No.  While it is an obvious loophole that wasn't mentioned, hints (unless they're really, really subtle to where I won't pick up on them.  :P) are a no no as well.  ;)
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    The Candy Lane
  • Village Drifter
  • I'll sign-up, I'd also appreciate a pm in XKI
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    Citizen and Senator of 10000 Islands
    Knight of TITO
    The Candy Lane
    • Village Drifter
    Wintermoot
  • Yes and no.  If you've ever seen America's Got Talent, then you'll understand where I came up with the idea, so I can't take complete credit for it.  But I did this one in 10KI as well, though Frankie G was replaced by a different, more complicated role.

And good to see you Ater!  I'll shoot you a PM when we're drawing close to starting.  :)

Regardless, I appreciate all the work you have done to bring us this second game! I will send out a regional telegram about it in a few days, and will see what we can do to inform our other diplomatic partners of the game. :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Barry
  • Village Drifter
  • Hey Pengu, I'd like to play. You did a fantastic job hosting with this theme in XKI, so this should be a blast.  :)

~Barry the Butler, from 10000 Islands.
    Barry the Butler - "Butlers with bow ties are cool."
    Barry
    • Senator from 10000 Islands
    • Village Drifter
    Michi
  • Welcome aboard TCL and Barry!  Here's to seeing if you'll be able to defend your spot there Barry.  ;)
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Colberius X
  • Citizen
  • Servant of Order
  • No way I'd miss round two!  :D

I'll see if anyone back home wants to join in, if that's alright.

First Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria - Founded 5.06.2015
    Former Peer of the Overhusen - Served 4.17.2015 until 6.08.2016
    Recipient of the Wintreath Commendation - Awarded 11.02.2017

Lord Inquisitor
    Ambassador of New Hyperion
    Colberius X
    • Servant of Order
    • I serve the balance, and through it the Force shall guide me.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Perfectly alright.  The more, the merrier, and the better the game usually plays out if there's a larger number of players.  :D
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation