• Maid
  • where did my text go? wtf

I said these posts for example

yeah they are prety basic stuff

but at the time there was not much going on: 

from the back of my head

-stuff about the site ui

-red/oricorio interaction

-do wolves plan how they are going to interact?

where the topics, Abi didn't say much more than that, which is "yeah i'll go re-read and fetch them" is weird from someone who supposedly just read thread and is making a summary of what they thought

specially when you don't come back after that
    Rem
    • Maid
    • Exalted Guest
    Bellepi
  • Citizen

from the back of my head

-stuff about the site ui

where the topics, Abi didn't say much more than that, which is "yeah i'll go re-read and fetch them" is weird from someone who supposedly just read thread and is making a summary of what they thought

My most confident read so far was you/oricorio not w/w

Oricorio is towny for questioning and overall better posting than the rest
    Ori is being Ori tbh this is not AI probably
    Never seen Ori wolf
    you are probably right

I think I have only seen Oricorio host

I honestly don't think I've ever planned one single thing in wolf chat lol

while I cannot say I haven't planned before in wolf chat

it usually doesn't happen until after like 20+ hours into the game AT MINIMUM

so yeah it's the same thing i thought while reading that

site UI stuff is absolutely irrelevant for gameplay, in the first example abi was disagreeing with you and you change your mind to go with her (agreeing that you both dont have a meta on ori wolfing is irrelevant as far as meaningful opinions about the game goes, not irrelevant for info but irrelevant in terms of saying you have similar views as her)

second example is her expressing an opinion first again and you expressing a similar yet different one - she says she never plans, you say under some circumstances you do, probably youre agreeing that its an unlikely thing to plan though. but key part here to me is you following abi both counts.

abi probably got more credit for these for being the first to express the opinion (especially considering you changing your mind on account of her)

re: not coming back, yes its weird but maybe not AI, i could see IRL getting in the way, i definitely expect interaction with the topic upon thread reentry but it almost seems to me like a wolf would put more effort into being consistent in thread when called on like this
    Bellepi
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      he/him
      Wintreath Nation
    Rem
  • Exalted Guest
  • Maid

from the back of my head

-stuff about the site ui

My most confident read so far was you/oricorio not w/w

Oricorio is towny for questioning and overall better posting than the rest
    Ori is being Ori tbh this is not AI probably
    Never seen Ori wolf
    you are probably right

I think I have only seen Oricorio host

site UI stuff is absolutely irrelevant for gameplay, in the first example abi was disagreeing with you and you change your mind to go with her (agreeing that you both dont have a meta on ori wolfing is irrelevant as far as meaningful opinions about the game goes, not irrelevant for info but irrelevant in terms of saying you have similar views as her)

second example is her expressing an opinion first again and you expressing a similar yet different one - she says she never plans, you say under some circumstances you do, probably youre agreeing that its an unlikely thing to plan though. but key part here to me is you following abi both counts.

abi probably got more credit for these for being the first to express the opinion (especially considering you changing your mind on account of her)

re: not coming back, yes its weird but maybe not AI, i could see IRL getting in the way, i definitely expect interaction with the topic upon thread reentry but it almost seems to me like a wolf would put more effort into being consistent in thread when called on like this
    yeah i was agreeing that it was unlikely and a bit silly to think wolves come with a "plan" day 1 

also I did say this are basic and not like "wow look at this super important thing we talked" no i just know i agreed with abi on some things and wanted to know why Sugar said what they said, and instead of explaining I got brushed off
    Rem
    • Maid
    • Exalted Guest
    Rem
  • Exalted Guest
  • Maid
  • jesus explaining this over and over is annoying
    Rem
    • Maid
    • Exalted Guest
    Bellepi
  • Citizen
  • you say youd expect someone townleaning abi to townlean/have opinion on someone agreeing with abi but the agreements are so insubstantial that i dont really see it holding up at all

understandable to want to know more on why sugar said the stuff and i get the frustration with being brushed off, probably thats the biggest issue, but to me thats probably just irl stuff for the time being

it just seems overblown to me

yes it might be annoying to rehash for you but this is helping me understand the situation better
    Bellepi
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      he/him
      Wintreath Nation
    Rem
  • Exalted Guest
  • Maid
  • I aprettiate you at least trying to talk to me about it 

Like I said I'm used to by now have at least some sort of notion about the pl

yet it's 13 hours before eod and half the game is afk

maybe my expectations were too high.

Rem
    • Maid
    • Exalted Guest
    Rem
  • Exalted Guest
  • Maid
  • so yeah annoyed about rehashing is a good way to put it

Rem
    • Maid
    • Exalted Guest
    ExLight
  • Exalted Guest
  • Human Meltdown
  • 9. ExLight
    not loving the coming in, not really saying much, then voting ori without any real reasoning other than saying ori is a strong player. although ori said later that move is quite bold for a wolf so thats something to think about. but something about calling it rva undermines that/gives an excuse for the “boldness” while going for a strong player. but the reasoning makes more sense as that conversation goes on.
    reading interpretation is dead and mafia players killed it

where did I say he's a strong player? don't put words in my mouth
    ExLight
    • Human Meltdown
    • Exalted Guest
    ExLight
  • Exalted Guest
  • Human Meltdown
  • Vote: Unvote
    Vote: Loona

You threw a lot of jabs at Oricorio while parroting some of the stuff I said without acknowledging it.

In the end I don't really see a case on your end and it feels opportunistic since Oricorio shouldn't be a priority lynch here.

ExLight
    • Human Meltdown
    • Exalted Guest
    ExLight
  • Exalted Guest
  • Human Meltdown
  • But I've never been terrible at reading you. The worst I've done is give up my correct read for paranoia or sanity.
    You have scum read me in every single game we play together over more obvious bad slots

And is not going to do you any good if you are town this game
    if he scumread you in every game wouldn't that be NAI? what's the reason you're sussing his slot again?
    @Rem

Can you
    not ignore this message please, it helps me with reading Red which seems to be an important slot today
    ExLight
    • Human Meltdown
    • Exalted Guest
    Grace
  • Exalted Guest
  • I have appeared!

What am I doing here? No idea!
    Grace
    • Exalted Guest
    Loona
  • Exalted Guest
  • Well, that's one person I have SOME meta on, I guess

I agree Red/Oricorio not w/w, was leaning v/v but this post stinks

So what do you think of Ori from this? Why do you townread Ori so far? Vibes?

because half game hasn't posted and the rest was doodoo on a stick?

I did say the bar was low
    Certainly I can be town to you for posting your thoughts before you with more precise articulation?

Like you can feel Red is just itching to sus Ori but waiting for someone else to do it first. And they're leaning very hard into the twtbaw vibe. Also Red you have no pronouns listed.

Never played with Oricorio before but trying to squeeze an alignment from entrance posts is a playstyle that makes wolfing hard

Thought Zenon (who I will refer to as Abigail from now on to make things easier) was sus for dipping rvs like she did, but reentrance was towny and she's asking good questions so lean v.

Winter lean town for being comfortable in thread, if I were an inexperienced wolf in this setup I'd be sweating buckets.

Rem null bc I refuse to townread effort

Bellepi/Loona/Ex slight sus for similar reasons I initially sussed Abigail, coming to thread to show you're there but without meaningfully interacting with what's going on. Probably 1/3 here.
    Firstly you can't feel me itching to sus Ori because I do sus Ori. That should be very clear from my posts so far. I Am not remotely wolfy and am as about as far from TWTBAW as you can get. I Would like to see you try to explain how I'm TWTBAW purely for this one comment when otherwise you townread me. Also wondering how you consider this to have a TWTBAW "vibe" while sussing it. I Would imagine the "vibe" you get would be close to your actual beliefs. You could say that you have a confident logical reason for wolfreading me that causes you to ignore your viberead but you don't seem to have confidence in your read on me, only a FoS.

Not sure why this setup would make you sweat buckets BTW.
    Vote: Projekt Red

All I really see here is "people who townread me are town, people who wolfread me are wolves"
    In the interest of science can you reread my post until you grasp what I'm saying?
    OMGUS?
    What in heavens is TWTBAW
    And how is this OMGUS

They're saying they're finding scummy how some people just hopped in to throw a CWAC saying they're around which is, like, very common among wolf

Which is perfectly fair reasoning but, like, quite NAI

I believe ExLight is the only new one who showed up after I left? They had a post saying they'll catch up, not the most impressive effort, then voting without any elaboration. Why? Also, I am leetic but amn't Snowy.
    ...I'm asking because we played together a handful of times in the past few years
    What's with the vote, then?
    That's a silly question coming from someone that also came from Bulbagarden. Is RVS really that odd to you now?

Plus I was never too fond of you, I'm fine sitting on you since you squak a lot with pressure.
    Why are you even townreading me over a RVS?
    The point of RVS is that there is some reason, even if it is a silly reason. Then again I haven't played in Bulba in years so I wouldn't know.

Going after a vocal player usually isn't something wolves are wont to do. Still, I don't see how you think applying pressure is wolfy when it's the best way to push a game forward (far, far better than RVS).
    Hate how I have to quote these giant posts to respond to small tidbits, but anyway, the whole definition of an RVS is purely random. If there is any reasoning even if its silly then it's not RVS. People that add a reason to an RVS post than to be scummy but it's not always the case.

Also where the fuck was this OMGUS???
    This is utterly pointless, but a "random" vote would be more like "Vote:Loona your avatar looks like a wolf which makes you look suspicious", not "Vote:Loona" with no elaboration because that accomplishes nothing except make you look like an ass. Also, Projekt wolfread me after I had pressured him, a clear case of OMGUS.
    I don't believe that, if you place a reason even if its silly theres some slight intention you wanted to vote that person. Atleast thats my belief.
    Loona
    • Exalted Guest
    Loona
  • Exalted Guest
  • Yeah Ori doesn't seem to know how to respond to this situation. Their PoV hasn't changed from page 2 despite the amount of information available since then.
    This is a stretch they made like 1 post on the situation, how did you come to this conclusion?
    Loona
    • Exalted Guest
    Loona
  • Exalted Guest
  • I think the most powerful phase is day 1, since it has a tendency to be the most active and like you mentioned stuff is just thrown against the wall.

Assume AI stuff was answered but if not it just means alignment indictive.

What happens most of the time is wolves just interact with each other without thinking because if you try to force yourself not to interact with your partner it just create pretty noticeable discrepancies between the slots.
    That's the exact opposite of the thinking behind most traditional Wintreath games, where most people use a No Vote option because they don't want to accidentally vote off a townie and get the game off to a bad start. They reason that it's better for wolves to vote someone off because at least there's hard data to go on during the next day. Your point is well-taken though...this first day has certainly seen some dramatic moments lol.

That makes sense too...wolves would want to interact normally. It was just hard to see wolves pre-planning interactions around each other on the first day, and the consensus seems to be that that's not really a thing.

No voting on day 1 in a game where town have no real extra information is insane because day 2 would just be day 1 all over again just with a dead body.

Wolves can try to avoid it but like I said it comes to light eventuyally.
    1 person likes this post: Wintermoot
    Loona
    • Exalted Guest
    Loona
  • Exalted Guest
  • about the "no vote" it's generaly agreed that not yeeting is just giving control to scum, only way you see "sleep" or "no vote" currently is if you are in mylo so you force the mafia to kill 1 more person, making the pool of possible mafias smaller

example: 6 players 4 town 2 mafia is mylo since if we vote wrong mafia wins next day

you sleep and it goes down to 3 town 2 mafia after the night kill

making it generally easier for town to find the wolves
    Ok cool rem gets it atleast
    Loona
    • Exalted Guest

Pages: 1 ... 17 [18] 19 ... 93