Werewolf Information
Game Over on Round 5 Day
Root Host: ☆ Princess Abigail ☆

Players · Votes · Posts
Game Posts
Leesbra
  • Citizen
  • Florida Man
  • I do think there's some validity to interpreting Leesbra's Steve Buscemi post as towny. I can't speak to Luka's rationale, and they ought to expand on what led them to that viewpoint.

I'll expand on my impression. I am content to believe that this is Leesbra's second game ever. For such a new player, there is often a natural resistance to or fear of the mere concept of someone making reads (let alone confident reads) based on game-entry content. The nerves inherent to a new player, including or especially a new town player, tend to make them more disinclined to make reads like that. They're slow, they're confused, and they're turbulent. It's perfectly okay to be those things, and it would lend itself to a mindset like like one Leesbra expressed: the way some people are already theorizing about who is a werewolf is a bit concerning.

This can be taken with a fair grain of salt since the game is so young, and it's not a thoroughly developed impression. But I have seen this kind of thing before from brand new town players, and they have often responded that way to me for engaging straightaway in a similar manner to Luka's opening to this game.
    Okay, after rereading, I think the only thing that actually stood out to me was JJJ. I just feel like they are doing too much. I'm unsure if it's just how they play naturally but there is a fine line between "Look at me! I'm so townie and progressive!" and "I'm overcompensating because I'm scum and I want to be quickly town read." It's the beginning of the game, and they are already thinking too deeply about certain matters such as this post above. The middle paragraph specifically, like I'm reading this and all I'm thinking is what is the point of this? Why are you analyzing if it's this person's second game or not, and what traits they should have? It's just too much for no reason, and I'm unsure if it's playstyle or just you feel the need to overcompensate for something. And then their third paragraph is just completely discrediting themselves? I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this post. What is the intent behind this, because all I see is just a pile of words that actually have no direction behind them, especially after you accept that your post can be taken with a grain of salt?
    I feel like some of the stuff people here have said or done feels extreme, to say the least. An example being Luka supposedly locking in me being town after 3 messages. I don’t really get that… so I feel like it might either be that these people are either just spitballing to try and make it seem like they can tell when they might just be wolf… or they really are that smart, and i’m just dumb. Not sure who out of these people to vote, but some of yall act real weird…
    Yes I love Pokémon, how can you tell?
    • Florida Man
    Leesbra
    • hola.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His or They/Them/Their
      Wintreath Nation
    JaggedJimmyJay
  • Exalted Guest
  • I do think there's some validity to interpreting Leesbra's Steve Buscemi post as towny. I can't speak to Luka's rationale, and they ought to expand on what led them to that viewpoint.

I'll expand on my impression. I am content to believe that this is Leesbra's second game ever. For such a new player, there is often a natural resistance to or fear of the mere concept of someone making reads (let alone confident reads) based on game-entry content. The nerves inherent to a new player, including or especially a new town player, tend to make them more disinclined to make reads like that. They're slow, they're confused, and they're turbulent. It's perfectly okay to be those things, and it would lend itself to a mindset like like one Leesbra expressed: the way some people are already theorizing about who is a werewolf is a bit concerning.

This can be taken with a fair grain of salt since the game is so young, and it's not a thoroughly developed impression. But I have seen this kind of thing before from brand new town players, and they have often responded that way to me for engaging straightaway in a similar manner to Luka's opening to this game.
    Okay, after rereading, I think the only thing that actually stood out to me was JJJ. I just feel like they are doing too much. I'm unsure if it's just how they play naturally but there is a fine line between "Look at me! I'm so townie and progressive!" and "I'm overcompensating because I'm scum and I want to be quickly town read." It's the beginning of the game, and they are already thinking too deeply about certain matters such as this post above. The middle paragraph specifically, like I'm reading this and all I'm thinking is what is the point of this? Why are you analyzing if it's this person's second game or not, and what traits they should have? It's just too much for no reason, and I'm unsure if it's playstyle or just you feel the need to overcompensate for something. And then their third paragraph is just completely discrediting themselves? I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this post. What is the intent behind this, because all I see is just a pile of words that actually have no direction behind them, especially after you accept that your post can be taken with a grain of salt?

Vote: JaggedJimmyJay
    This is a very uncharitable interpretation of what I had to say.

First of all, reducing a player's effort to explain a thought process clearly to "look at me I'm so townie and progressive" is incredibly unfair. You've taken a post where I had quite a lot to say, and you have twisted it in whatever manner you can to portray it as me saying nothing. Time to color code.

Green: You have referenced a portion of my post where I described why "Leesbra's second game" it is important to me and asked me why I brought up Leesbra's second game. The answer to that question is in the post. Players often fall into particular archetypes when they are brand new to the game, and I described what I have often  observed from players who are brand new to the game. That is absolutely relevant to interpreting Leesbra's alignment, and I described precisely why I felt that way.

Suggesting my commentary is "nothing" or "pointless" or "overcompensating" without actually engaging with any of it is disingenuous. I don't like that.

Orange: Absolutely no thanks. I provided the direction earlier in the post (and in the post that preceded it on the same topic): here's why I think there's a valid reason to town read Leesbra. That is a direction. You are quoting a post that expresses that direction. It's right there. And in that third paragraph, I acknowledged that it's not a super confident read, and that I am not certain. That's called being responsible with a take. And yet even still, in the very same third paragraph, I reiterated my viewpoint. I have often seen brand new town players do what Leesbra did.

Red: This extends from the orange bit, really, but it drives home why I don't like this so much. You would have to ignore the words in the post to come to this conclusion about it. Of course I accept that my read can be taken with a grain of salt, and I should. Anyone that doesn't allow for that in a read they've made on someone they've never played with before is being a little ridiculous.

I struggle to believe that you read my post in good faith and came to those conclusions. It looks like you decided what your read on me was and then formulated an argument to justify it.

Vote: callahan
    JaggedJimmyJay
    • Exalted Guest
    JaggedJimmyJay
  • Exalted Guest
  • I feel like some of the stuff people here have said or done feels extreme, to say the least. An example being Luka supposedly locking in me being town after 3 messages. I don’t really get that… so I feel like it might either be that these people are either just spitballing to try and make it seem like they can tell when they might just be wolf… or they really are that smart, and i’m just dumb. Not sure who out of these people to vote, but some of yall act real weird…

Welcome to forum Mafia. :D

My personal philosophy is that it is never too early to solve a game (or to make your best effort at doing so). I can understand if you're not sure how to deal with that kind of approach as a brand new player, but truly it might be one of the first steps towards elevating one's town game. I hope that doesn't sound patronizing, because I wasn't doing that kind of thing in my second game either. Ya gotta start somewhere!

We only get so much time, so many cycles, and so many posts to win the game. So we have to make judgment calls when they come and never stop developing them as the game moves. With experience, I suspect you'll find that this isn't just a style, but it's often necessary.

I'd love to hear how you feel about this most recent exchange between callahan and I.
    JaggedJimmyJay
    • Exalted Guest
    JaggedJimmyJay
  • Exalted Guest
  • I feel good about Caitlin and Leesbra.

I feel okay about Luka.

I have virtually no impression of anyone else, save callahan who is a slippery character.

JaggedJimmyJay
    • Exalted Guest
    JaggedJimmyJay
  • Exalted Guest
  • Some of the squad here has indicated town reading ExLight. I'd appreciate hearing more about why that is. @Caitlinuwu @Luka I believe each of you apply.
    JaggedJimmyJay
    • Exalted Guest
    callahan
  • Exalted Guest

Vote: JaggedJimmyJay
    This is a very uncharitable interpretation of what I had to say.

First of all, reducing a player's effort to explain a thought process clearly to "look at me I'm so townie and progressive" is incredibly unfair. You've taken a post where I had quite a lot to say, and you have twisted it in whatever manner you can to portray it as me saying nothing. Time to color code.

Green: You have referenced a portion of my post where I described why "Leesbra's second game" it is important to me and asked me why I brought up Leesbra's second game. The answer to that question is in the post. Players often fall into particular archetypes when they are brand new to the game, and I described what I have often observed from players who are brand new to the game. That is absolutely relevant to interpreting Leesbra's alignment, and I described precisely why I felt that way.

Suggesting my commentary is "nothing" or "pointless" or "overcompensating" without actually engaging with any of it is disingenuous. I don't like that.

Orange: Absolutely no thanks. I provided the direction earlier in the post (and in the post that preceded it on the same topic): here's why I think there's a valid reason to town read Leesbra. That is a direction. You are quoting a post that expresses that direction. It's right there. And in that third paragraph, I acknowledged that it's not a super confident read, and that I am not certain. That's called being responsible with a take. And yet even still, in the very same third paragraph, I reiterated my viewpoint. I have often seen brand new town players do what Leesbra did.

Red: This extends from the orange bit, really, but it drives home why I don't like this so much. You would have to ignore the words in the post to come to this conclusion about it. Of course I accept that my read can be taken with a grain of salt, and I should. Anyone that doesn't allow for that in a read they've made on someone they've never played with before is being a little ridiculous.

I struggle to believe that you read my post in good faith and came to those conclusions. It looks like you decided what your read on me was and then formulated an argument to justify it.

Vote: callahan
    Yeah, this doesn't make sense. New players has to fall into a certain player archtype? That just seems controlling. Like you must play like this because you are new is all what I'm hearing. 
    Just because you don't like me saying you are overcompensating doesn't change the fact you are? Like you are literally color coding? I don't understand why you post something but you aren't even confident in it, and even suggest the fact people can take it for a grain of salt? Don't post something if your not confident in it? You're going to waste everybody's time. It just seems like you are blabbering for no reason even more now. You speak about a valid reason to town read Leesbra, but then you are like take it for a grain of salt? LOL? I am in no way ignoring your words at all, I'm left wondering what is the point of your post because I still do not see one. Like I'm looking, I really am. Me struggling to read your post in good faith is such a wack concept, I'm pointing out that you are overcompensating, obviously have no confidence in what you are saying, and just yapping to yap? 
    callahan
    • Exalted Guest
    callahan
  • Exalted Guest

I feel like some of the stuff people here have said or done feels extreme, to say the least. An example being Luka supposedly locking in me being town after 3 messages. I don’t really get that… so I feel like it might either be that these people are either just spitballing to try and make it seem like they can tell when they might just be wolf… or they really are that smart, and i’m just dumb. Not sure who out of these people to vote, but some of yall act real weird…
    I'm pretty sure Luka is just straight trolling. 
    callahan
    • Exalted Guest
    GloriousBob
  • Exalted Guest
  • Soon to be returned to glory
  • GloriousBob wishes to remind you all that Mafia is a silly past time shared by a largely lonely and sorrowful bunch who are more like one another than we often care to admit and to remember how it feels when other people say mean words to you before you say them yourself.

Vote 1, GlooooriousBob.
    1 person likes this post: Leesbra
    GloriousBob
    • Exalted Guest
    GloriousBob
  • Exalted Guest
  • You may be asking yourself, Bob... how is it that you manage to be so darn Glorious all the time?

The answer is quite simple. I make good decisions. For instance I'm making the decision right now to admin to Jay that I'm MacDougall. Because he probably will find that interesting.
    GloriousBob
    • Exalted Guest
    JaggedJimmyJay
  • Exalted Guest
  • Yeah, this doesn't make sense. New players has to fall into a certain player archtype? That just seems controlling. Like you must play like this because you are new is all what I'm hearing.

Just because you don't like me saying you are overcompensating doesn't change the fact you are? Like you are literally color coding? I don't understand why you post something but you aren't even confident in it, and even suggest the fact people can take it for a grain of salt? Don't post something if your not confident in it? You're going to waste everybody's time. It just seems like you are blabbering for no reason even more now. You speak about a valid reason to town read Leesbra, but then you are like take it for a grain of salt? LOL? I am in no way ignoring your words at all, I'm left wondering what is the point of your post because I still do not see one. Like I'm looking, I really am. Me struggling to read your post in good faith is such a wack concept, I'm pointing out that you are overcompensating, obviously have no confidence in what you are saying, and just yapping to yap?

Green: Excuse me, but what? I didn't say anything about "has to fall into an archetype". I cannot understand how that could interpreted as "controlling". I feel like you are just tacking adjectives to your assessment.

Leesbra exhibited a behavior that I have seen before from new players with town roles. That's the read. I will expand, if the missing link is "I have seen this far less if ever from new players who are mafia".

Orange: Color coding is a way to reference posts effectively, and it is even a personal meme that Caitlin requested earlier. You read the game. I don't believe these are real thoughts. You are essentially suggesting that there is no reason a person should express a thought if they don't have total confidence that it is the correct thought. That is nonsense.
    JaggedJimmyJay
    • Exalted Guest
    GloriousBob
  • Exalted Guest
  • Speaking of Jay, he's a great player indeed. I must say he does seem to be townie or at least he passes enough as such but Callahan's read of him is so common and reasonable that Jay erring towards omgus when Jay knows people unfamiliar with him accuses him of such things doesn't sit right with your Gloriousness.
    GloriousBob
    • Exalted Guest
    GloriousBob
  • Exalted Guest
  • My glory overwhelms me at times. My bobness too.
    GloriousBob
    • Exalted Guest
    JaggedJimmyJay
  • Exalted Guest
  • Speaking of Jay, he's a great player indeed. I must say he does seem to be townie or at least he passes enough as such but Callahan's read of him is so common and reasonable that Jay erring towards omgus when Jay knows people unfamiliar with him accuses him of such things doesn't sit right with your Gloriousness.
    Hi Bob! Have we played together before? I don't recognize your username.

I have seen players accuse me of "Lamist" or whatever, or of "trying too hard". The language of those accusations doesn't tend to feature someone taking a post I made and twisting it into the worst possible interpretation of that post (at least not when the accusation is an honest one). More often the legitimate accusations are that I am stilted or too formal or that kind of thing.

Perhaps I am responding emotionally, but I have also been dealt difficulties in the not-distant past by wolves reading me as wolfy and throwing me off balance.
    JaggedJimmyJay
    • Exalted Guest
    callahan
  • Exalted Guest
  • Yeah, this doesn't make sense. New players has to fall into a certain player archtype? That just seems controlling. Like you must play like this because you are new is all what I'm hearing.

Just because you don't like me saying you are overcompensating doesn't change the fact you are? Like you are literally color coding? I don't understand why you post something but you aren't even confident in it, and even suggest the fact people can take it for a grain of salt? Don't post something if your not confident in it? You're going to waste everybody's time. It just seems like you are blabbering for no reason even more now. You speak about a valid reason to town read Leesbra, but then you are like take it for a grain of salt? LOL? I am in no way ignoring your words at all, I'm left wondering what is the point of your post because I still do not see one. Like I'm looking, I really am. Me struggling to read your post in good faith is such a wack concept, I'm pointing out that you are overcompensating, obviously have no confidence in what you are saying, and just yapping to yap?

Green: Excuse me, but what? I didn't say anything about "has to fall into an archetype". I cannot understand how that could interpreted as "controlling". I feel like you are just tacking adjectives to your assessment.

Leesbra exhibited a behavior that I have seen before from new players with town roles. That's the read. I will expand, if the missing link is "I have seen this far less if ever from new players who are mafia".

Orange: Color coding is a way to reference posts effectively, and it is even a personal meme that Caitlin requested earlier. You read the game. I don't believe these are real thoughts. You are essentially suggesting that there is no reason a person should express a thought if they don't have total confidence that it is the correct thought. That is nonsense.
    You're excused ig LOL?? You said this, " Players often fall into particular archetypes when they are brand new to the game, and I described what I have often observed from players who are brand new to the game. " Which feels like you are trying to control how they should play, because this is how players often fall into, like god what is that? You are trying to control their actions so they can play a certain way in your eyes. Okay, I didn't realize it was a personal meme. These are my real thoughts, I guess you are upset because I realized that you are overcompensating. I feel if you don't have confidence in what you are saying, you shouldn't say anything at all, I don't want to read through reads where a person doesn't even actually believe what they are saying, it fucks up the game. It's not nonsense at all, it just anti-progression to the game, if you can't even believe what you are saying. 
    callahan
    • Exalted Guest
    callahan
  • Exalted Guest
  • Why is my text so small this formating is so weird 
    1 person likes this post: ExLight
    callahan
    • Exalted Guest

Pages: 1 ... 10 [11] 12 ... 64