Pages: [1]

Help with Pride Edition of TFB

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • The upcoming edition of The Frosty Bugle will be called "Wintreath's Faces of Pride", and I was hoping I could get some help in putting it together. :)

So far 7 people have filled out the new orientation profile field, and so far no two answers match! I feel like that speaks to the maturity and vibrancy of our LGBTQ+ community, and I would like to highlight that in this edition in a way that educates people about the many facets of who is part of that community. I'm wondering if some of you who filled it out would like to write a short snippet on why and how you came to realize you are who you are. Nothing big...I'm asking for 200 words or less so I can fit it in the quick-read format of TFB (if you'd like to write a separate, longer version, you can do so here too and I can link to your full story along with the short version).

The Frosty Bugle is distributed here on the forums and on NationStates, and some of our ambassadors have chosen to use it as a foreign dispatch in our embassies and consulates. Don't feel pressured at all to contribute if you're not comfortable with it going out beyond our own community. However, I thought it would be an awesome look at who we are as people in this community, and I appreciate anyone that chooses to.

And for those who haven't filled in the new profile field and would like to, you can find it in your profile settings. :)
    2 people like this post: Altrio, taulover
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 01:39:23 PM by Wintermoot »

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Marzipan
  • Former Citizen
  • Oh to be awake but still blissfully dreaming
  • I feel like the way I discovered I was bisexual was pretty normal- some actress in a movie, my best friend, and a whole lot of “am or aren’t I?”. And plenty of religious induced anxiety.

TL;DR - Too Long; Don’t Read
    I can’t remember if it was Rachel McAdams in The Notebook or Scarlett Johansson in… well anything. What I do remember was being absolutely fixated on both and being jealous of their romantic counterparts in movies- Strike One. (Note: Since coming out as enby, it remains to be seen if the jealousy was jealousy over the romance or jealousy over their gender presentation. If we’re honest, probably both right? I digress.) I chose to ignore it. A, because it was probably just me being jealous because they were pretty. Totally. And B, I went to a pretty… intense?… Baptist church. Needless to say even if it wasn’t jealousy, it was better to stuff those feelings away- so I thought.

Then there was my best friend Jas. We were incredibly close through grade school- honestly I think she and I were more emotionally intimate than most boyfriends I’d ever had. We hung out one on one constantly, not really all that concerned with group outings. Never a birthday or holiday was missed and we went all out- flowers, favorite snacks, carefully planned gifts. Lots of movie nights and snuggles and “joke” kisses because of games like Truth or Dare or Spin the Bottle with friends. Took us until years later before either of us admitted- to each other or ourselves- that we acted that way in hopes of winning the other over. We went as far as looking at studio apartments and talking about the pets we’d adopt together when we left for uni before we even addressed this- somehow it just hadn’t occurred to us! Strike Two. (Note: We didn’t end up together ultimately but we both have wonderful partners for whom we share the same deep affections for. The end of that chapter is still a happy one.)

I went through a lot of fluctuation. “Am I gay? Straight? Am I being exclusionary by claiming bisexual? Am I pan?” (No to all of the above). I went through periods of time where I leaned one way or the other hard- one month where I couldn’t fathom ever having been into guys and another where I couldn’t see myself being with girls ever. (Note: When I was younger, I wasn’t even aware there was anything else. Obviously I know better now.) I think what finally set me straight (but not really lol) were the zealots in my life. It was easy to ignore and be non-committal to my feelings on my bisexuality when they weren’t being confronted. However my fire and brimstone Baptist church liked to drag on LGBTQ+ identities every week, twice a week. What made me furious on behalf of my friends began alienating and hurting me personally- and it didn’t take a lot of introspection to figure out why by that point. Strike Three. I’m out.

I have been officially out of the closet since 2014 and now, in the Year of our Lord 2022, am a proud pagan bisexual enby. It took me a while to get here and to accept myself and I’ll fight for myself and for others like me until my dying days.
    3 people like this post: ☆ Princess Abigail ☆, Gerrick, Wintermoot
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:53:09 PM by Marzipan »

Regional Resume
    Citizen: June 28, 2019-  the Schism and then March 4, 2022 to Present

Member of the Noble House of Eske
    Operator: December 30th, 2022 - Present
    Jarl of Culture: September 15th, 2022 - Present
    Ambassador to Forest and Europeia (since Sept 2022)
    Creator of the Dungeon Masters (Est. April 2022)
    Creator and Co-Host of the Dungeon Tourneys (CAHpocalypse - May 2022)
    Wintreath's Finest x5 (July 2019, March 2022, April 2022, Mid-Year 2022, Year 2022)
    Wintreath’s Most Mentioned
    Spirit of Wintreath Mid-Year 2022 and Year 2022

Formerly:
    Hearthkeeper: March 12, 2022 - December 28th, 2022
    Thane of Foreign Releases: September 8th, 2022 - December 8th, 2022
    Thane of Gaming: March 20th, 2022 - September 15th, 2022
    Co-Host of Werewolf XXVII: A Golden Affair
    Skrifa/Speaker Pro Tempore of the 36th Underhusen
    Former Ambassador to Sonindia and the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Member of the Noble House of Kaizer and the joint Noble House of Valeria-Jormunr
    Marzipan
    • Oh to be awake but still blissfully dreaming
    • Wintreath's Official Julia Child
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Them/Theirs
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
  • Former Citizen
  • 沈黙した
  • I'm still figuring out things about myself. My roommate is convinced I don't even like girls and I've thought about it a lot but I don't think that's true I think I just like people. Any people. I don't think I even have a type just that I need to be friends with them first. I knew I liked boys for a long time but only recently admitted that cause yanno closeted by my religious upbringing haha. And I think I'm happier being with a boy now than I was with any of my ex girlfriends but I still think I'd be able to date a girl if I wasn't happy where I am now. 
    3 people like this post: Gerrick, Marzipan, taulover
    ❤️ Caitlin ❤️
    I want you to fall hardest of all saying my name or nothing at all.
    "Neon is genuinely exhausting to read"
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
    • 沈黙した
    • International Trans Girl Icon
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Orientation
      People
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I'm pretty much always figuring myself out, and to me labels are a hinderance to that progress since to me they're a box that you put yourself in and proclaim to the world...but what happens if another box is more comfortable, and then another box after that?

To me, I reject the idea of boxing myself in a specific label, and that applies to orientation as well.  I put a semi jokey answer for mine because much like how I explained gender, I'm first and foremost Michi, not a homosexual/heterosexual, heteroflexible/homoflexible, or whatever other terms out there since giving a name sets it in stone, which much like gender I don't see orientation as anything but fluid and ever changing.

And I've pretty much felt like this for a good while, but I usually fall into some label because other people don't seem to really be able to deal with not being able to identify someone without that kind of help...so I adapt when needed and give myself appropriate on the surface labels despite how unnecessary I see them personally.
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 11:41:22 PM by Michi »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks for sharing your stories! I've wrote the draft of the article and sent it to you for your review. :)

With the draft written, submissions to the article are closed, but feel free to share your stories of how and why you came to decide you were here if you'd like. The article will encourage people to do so as well.
    1 person likes this post: Marzipan

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • Damn. If I had seen this i would've done it
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • Damn. If I had seen this i would've done it
    I can't speak for others but I would certainly still be interested in hearing your story!
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Mateo406
  • Former Citizen
  • Grand Imperial Cutie Pie, First Emo Prefect, Skater in Chief
  • everybody's story is unique.  i learn something new with every story i hear or read
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Mateo406
    • Grand Imperial Cutie Pie, First Emo Prefect, Skater in Chief
    • Some Were Born to Eternal Night
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Gay
      Wintreath Nation
    Joslisonoria
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath's Official Non-Executive Dictator
  • Yes, yes, I know this is late, I'm doing this not for the article on the newsletter, I'm doin it cause.. y not?

So, recently, I came out as *drum roll* queer. *cough*

Heres the very long and stupid story of how I decided I was E V E R Y T H I N G.

1/3: Bi for some time
    Aight. First, let me tell you some things 'bout me.
    1: As always, I was raised to be straight.
    2: My parents are Christian.
    Alright. Now, when I first found out about being gay, (or anything) I was 9. I always assumed heterosexuality was the only sexuality. Now when I first found out about this.. I immediately thought like: OH YEAH THAT'S ME. 9-10 year old Gabe was wrong. Wrong.

2/3: What the hell am I??
    Next up, pan, oh nvm, I'm totally bi, I mean, aero-ace.. demi?  This was me for a loooong time. Not much else to say. One month I'm bi, the next I'm pan, aero-ace, etc.

3/3 Nothing and everything
    So, this was me. But, I met a couple of friends who were also part of the LGBTQ+ community. And, through some discussion, one of my new friends said, "You could just say you're queer." ...THANK YOU [censored friend name].

So, my current life. I haven't came out to my parents yet.. Idc. I'm queer, I have many friends who are with me in the effort, and my straight friend is still simping over a lesbian.
    I checked to make sure that he was still alive.

• Wintreath's Official Non-Executive Dictator
    Joslisonoria
    • There is none higher than our god, Kreekcraft.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Aromantic Asexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • @San Holo(Josli.): Thanks for sharing your story! That's a lot like it was for me...in my time, I've been bi, gay, bi, pan, and now demi (a determination I only made a year or two ago). It's pretty neat how what we call ourselves change as we explore ourselves and the wide world of labels out there, lol. At one time I thought that was odd, but now I see it's pretty common, so it's always awesome to read other stories like that. :D

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Yes, yes, I know this is late, I'm doing this not for the article on the newsletter, I'm doin it cause.. y not?

So, recently, I came out as *drum roll* queer. *cough*

Heres the very long and stupid story of how I decided I was E V E R Y T H I N G.

1/3: Bi for some time
    Aight. First, let me tell you some things 'bout me.
    1: As always, I was raised to be straight.
    2: My parents are Christian.
    Alright. Now, when I first found out about being gay, (or anything) I was 9. I always assumed heterosexuality was the only sexuality. Now when I first found out about this.. I immediately thought like: OH YEAH THAT'S ME. 9-10 year old Gabe was wrong. Wrong.

2/3: What the hell am I??
    Next up, pan, oh nvm, I'm totally bi, I mean, aero-ace.. demi? This was me for a loooong time. Not much else to say. One month I'm bi, the next I'm pan, aero-ace, etc.

3/3 Nothing and everything
    So, this was me. But, I met a couple of friends who were also part of the LGBTQ+ community. And, through some discussion, one of my new friends said, "You could just say you're queer." ...THANK YOU [censored friend name].

So, my current life. I haven't came out to my parents yet.. Idc. I'm queer, I have many friends who are with me in the effort, and my straight friend is still simping over a lesbian.
    Ah yes, the inevitible simping for someone you absolutely can't have no matter how much you want it.

It's kind of like me with straight guys.  I know that chances are super low to nonexistant that I'd ever snag one and bring them to my side of the field, but that doesn't stop me from having a huge crush on some.  :))

Thanks for sharing your story though! What you said is a big part of why I just choose to disregard giving things a label, since we're always exploring and may surprise ourselves with what we find.

@Chanku I'm with Tau and Mateo, share it anyways! I always love seeing/hearing everyone's stories.  ^-^
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria