Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: June 25, 2022, 06:06:11 PM

Pages: [1]

Out&Proud Art Contest

Marzipan
  • Former Citizen
  • Oh to be awake but still blissfully dreaming
  • Hello Wintreath! Happy Pride Month!

Welcome to a feature of our pride celebrations this year: the Out&Proud art contest! We have a ton of creatives in Wintreath and we’d like to feature some of our best! Here’s what I need from you…

• Any piece of original art on the topic of your choice- your peace must be identifiably linked to Pride, LGBT experiences and/issues, or the LGBTQ community in general. You must be the artist of this piece! (Yes, edits and collages count if you made them.)
    • Pieces may be political in nature or discuss mental health but we ask that all artists are respectful and mindful of how they may affect others- if these themes are present in your work, please include a content warning! (Example: “CW: Homophobia, Mental Health Issues” etc. If you aren’t sure, DM Marzipan here or on Discord!)
    • Drawings, paintings, photographs, writing, poetry, memes, etc are all accepted! Anything goes!

Please do not spam submissions- no more than 3 pieces per artist!

Please keep discussion in this thread to a minimum so everyone can see everyone’s posts! Voting will open June 22nd! If enough submissions are posted, multiple categories for voting will be made.

1 person likes this post: taulover
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 01:19:38 AM by Marzipan »

Regional Resume
    Citizen: June 28, 2019-  the Schism and then March 4, 2022 to Present

Member of the Noble House of Eske
    Operator: December 30th, 2022 - Present
    Jarl of Culture: September 15th, 2022 - Present
    Ambassador to Forest and Europeia (since Sept 2022)
    Creator of the Dungeon Masters (Est. April 2022)
    Creator and Co-Host of the Dungeon Tourneys (CAHpocalypse - May 2022)
    Wintreath's Finest x5 (July 2019, March 2022, April 2022, Mid-Year 2022, Year 2022)
    Wintreath’s Most Mentioned
    Spirit of Wintreath Mid-Year 2022 and Year 2022

Formerly:
    Hearthkeeper: March 12, 2022 - December 28th, 2022
    Thane of Foreign Releases: September 8th, 2022 - December 8th, 2022
    Thane of Gaming: March 20th, 2022 - September 15th, 2022
    Co-Host of Werewolf XXVII: A Golden Affair
    Skrifa/Speaker Pro Tempore of the 36th Underhusen
    Former Ambassador to Sonindia and the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Member of the Noble House of Kaizer and the joint Noble House of Valeria-Jormunr
    Marzipan
    • Wintreath's Official Julia Child
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Them/Theirs
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Corbin
  • Former Citizen
  • Two Much Now
     Takes a while to get to the LGBTQ+ stuff sorry. But it is there i promise!

You ever stop looking for something and then find way too much of it? Well that happened to me. Hi I'm Jack and that thing with me was love. so to begin with lets start at a point when I was looking.

So when i was looking was a few months ago, maybe a year at most ago. I just wanted a girlfriend, I'm not sure why. Could be because girls are pretty, or i felt like i should have one by now. Because I was getting old by school standards, and my classmates pointed that out. i was a good two years older than half of them. I was looking at some of them, cute girls, hot girls. Ill be honest i was judging them back then. But you didn't come here for some hero! so anyways i asked some and got turned down. A year or so passed, maybe a half a year. It was the next school year either way. I had given up on looking actively by that point. Not quite sure when, but i was still looking around. Up until Christmas nothing had happened, just school. At least I thought at the time. I was sitting by me best friend in one class. Her name is Alexa, i helped her lots, she was cute but not much more than that. then after Christmas break, when we were sitting together in that class, history. The day that changed my life started like any other, like half of any other day. Not me cursing the government that day. I woke up got on the bus, went on my day. until the first class after lunch besides study hall. again, that was history. she sat behind me, as always. We were talking, I don't think we had anything to do that day. She was emailing her boyfriend, John, using the school email. Then she said something about her eyes, and said something like "aren't my eyes pretty?" So I look her in the eyes, and i just then realize how pretty they are, how pretty she is. So i respond with a "Holy shit they are pretty!" as i turn back around awkwardly to face the front. Why do I feel so weird? Has she always been this pretty? I think i tried to avoid thinking about it the rest of the day then. I can't think about liking her, she's my best friend and already has a boyfriend. I couldn't hold in my emotions for long, and soon enough i started to compliment her. Eventually she asked if i had a crush on her. I answered truthfully, yes. She teased me some about it, jokingly. if she needed the stapler she would say go get it, i would say why you have legs, and she would say "because you luv me?" and so I did. Social media happened this summer, i was scared her boyfriend hated me, but he didn't. not then. He may now we will have to see. I got all mixed up in their relationship, i feel guilty already so no need to yell. But i have never felt this way before, its completely new. I have felt the best ever around her, and yet the worst in my life too. She then started to send photos of him in the group chat, and i have to admit, he is decently good looking. Now at this time I had come to terms with the fact that I can be romantically interested in other men, but i was just not attracted to any man. Rosevelt yes, but he is dead so yeah. But then with those pics I started thinking, more about sharing. And then my mind went dirty, as it had many times with her. Again the idea was sharing, but now him. I won't go into details but it was the first time i had ever thought about another guy in any way other than romantic. That was a week ago, still confused. I want to be with them both, I'm still thinking about my emotions and its weird to me. But that is my story so far. Hope you enjoyed.
    3 people like this post: TGN, Wintermoot, Marzipan
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 04:59:23 PM by Corbin »
    Corbin
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • random art
    4 people like this post: TGN, Wintermoot, Marzipan, Michi
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
  • Former Citizen
  • 沈黙した

• Spoiler
    How I Met Your Father

I sat at the front desk of the bed and breakfast sipping in a coffee as I heard the bells on the front entrance door jingle as it opened. I looked over and saw my teenage daughter walk in, she jumped up on the counter and looked at me.

"Can I help you Lace?" I asked as I flicked her until she hopped off the counter. 

"I'm boredddd…" 

"Hi, bored I'm dad!" I interrupted laughing to myself as my husband walked out of the kitchen and looked at me sternly.

"How many times am I going to have to hear that joke Liam?"

"Probably 10, maybe 12 Ricky," I said sticking out my tongue. 

"10 or 12 today," he muttered under his breath as he walked over to the dining room.

Lacey giggled as she walked over to the couch in the lobby and sat down. "How did you and dad number 2 meet?" She asked happily. 

I walked over and sat on the arm rest next to her. "Well Lacey, he was a skater boy I said…" 

Ricky cut me off as he walked back through the lobby to the kitchen. "She doesn't even know who Avril Lavigne is Liam," he said, sighing. I heard him place some dishes in the sink before he popped back out and sat on the couch next to Lacey. "Your father and I met during our time in the air force."

"That's right we were in a sand pit playing volleyball shirtless and I couldn't stop staring at his glistening pecs…"

"Stop using outdated movie references when people ask for our story oh my god…"

"I don't get it, " Lacey said confused. 

"I'm totally making her watch Top Gun with me," I said as Ricky nodded in agreement. 

"Anyways the real story…"

—-------------------------------------------

I walked into the military mixer and surveyed the scene, noticing a man dressed in a black tuxedo with a blue dress shirt underneath. I walked over to the bar sitting next to him and ordering a Rum and Coke.

"Hello," he said smiling. "My name's Ricky, what's yours?" 

"Liam," I said, sipping my drink. "I'm a pilot in the Air Force."

"Oh cool I'm a drone pilot for the Army," he smiled and ordered a sex on the beach.

Over the course of the night we sat talking until it was late.

"Yanno, why are Army guys all so fit," I asked, sighing. "Makes life hard."

"You hitting on me Liam?" He asked standing up.

"No no of course not," I said defensively, "just thinking about how y'all get all the girls."

"Too bad," he said, finishing another drink and walking towards the back door to the venue. "Cause I'm totally hitting on you," he stuck out his tongue and walked through the door.

"Your father was neither subtle nor as clever as he thinks he is," Ricky said looking at my daughter. "He was attractive though."

She smiled and looked at me laughing. "Your flirting was so bad," she said. 

"What do you know about flirting young lady, " I asked as she shifted her eyes away from me and quickly changed the subject. 

"How'd you meet auntie Leigh?"

"Well that's a fun story isn't it Ricky," I said laughing. "Same night actually, she was a CO…"

I chased after Ricky onto the back patio of the event hall, he was sitting against a pillar lighting a cigarette.

"I knew it," he said, taking a puff. "Here," he handed me a napkin with his number scrawled on it. 

"Might be hard to see each other after tonight, maybe we should ju…" he cut me off putting his finger to my mouth. 

"Shut up and follow me." We walked off the patio and back along a path that led through a wooded area taking a left over to an opening in the trees with a lake. He pushed me against a tree, "can I kiss you?"

"Thought you'd never ask," I said as I began making out with him. After a couple minutes I heard a twig snap on the path nearby. 

"Holy shit…sorry sorry sor…" a woman in a black and white cocktail dress looked at us. 

"Oh…fuck…" I whispered. Thinking about my career, my service, my future as it all flashed before my eyes.

"It's not what it looks like…" Ricky started but she laughed. 

"What did your tongue fall into his mouth or something?" She smiled. "What branches?" She asked. 

"Ricky, no use lying," I said. "I'm Air Force," I looked at her with pleading eyes. 

"Man you look like a lost puppy," she said. "Relax."

"Army," Ricky said, sighing.

"Dope my name is Leigh I'm in the Army too," she handed me a beer and winked. "Seriously relax I ain't here to tattle I don't give a fuck about your sexuality that's your choice. Just sorry I ruined your moment." She cracked open a beer and looked out at the moon smiling.

"Spent the rest of the night sitting by the lake talking. We all kept in contact until we decided we wanted to have you," I said smiling. "And then Leigh said she'd be willing to surrogate for us." Ricky got up and walked over to me wrapping me up in a hug and kissing me. 

"Ewwwww pda…" Lacey laughed. "Why did you come to Oregon?"

"After we got out your father was flying commercial jets and he had an apartment in New York, me and Leigh started a web security and fraud protection business together. The nice thing about our work was we could work from anywhere so eventually we moved to New York with your dad. And basically became the living embodiment of Friends."

"Oh my god I got that one dad number 2 you made me watch that."

I smiled at Ricky. "A couple months before you were set to be born something happened…"

I was sitting in the apartment one of my few weekends off laying on Ricky's lap when Leigh busted through the front door crying. 

"What's wrong hun?" I asked sitting up. She came and sat down next to us bawling like I'd never seen her cry before. 

"I don't know what to do, " she said between tears. "My mom is really sick and I think I need to go take care of her but I know you wanted to be there when Lace was born and…" Ricky stuck his finger to her mouth. 

"Leigh…of course you're moving back to Oregon it's your mom," he said gently. 

"What about Lacey…"

I cut her off smiling. "We always talked about becoming a meme Ricky." I laughed. "Let's move to Oregon and open a bed and breakfast."

"I couldn't ask you to do that."

"You're not asking Leigh I'm telling," I said smiling. "I was going to quit piloting when the baby was born so I could be around my family more and we've always wanted to open a B&B because we thought it was funny."

"I…really?"

"Of course we are the three musketeers, nothing is going to break us apart." I hugged Leigh as she started crying again. 

"I love you two idiots…" she whispered.

I smiled at Lacey. "So dad number 2 sold his stake in the company to Leigh. We moved here and the rest is history. And now I get to be with you all the time!"

The door to the entrance jingled as Leigh walked in. "Hey Lace ready to go shopping?" She asked, smiling. As Lacey ran over to her and hugged her tight.

"Thank you Auntie Leigh!" She said smiling.

"What's this about?"

I looked at her and shrugged.

"Let's go!" Lacey said excitedly, grabbing her backpack. I tossed her my credit card. 

"No more than 300 dollars," I said sternly.

"Okay dad I love you," she waved as she walked out the door. 

Hope you enjoy
    2 people like this post: Marzipan, TGN
    ❤️ Caitlin ❤️
    I want you to fall hardest of all saying my name or nothing at all.
    "Neon is genuinely exhausting to read"
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
    • 沈黙した
    • International Trans Girl Icon
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Orientation
      People
      Wintreath Nation
    Kháos Titan
  • Citizen
  • submission: two avatar edits and 1 flag

Master of the Universe
    Kháos Titan
    • Nobody knows what's inside of me...
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      the void/he/him
      Orientation
      Aromantic
      Familial House
      Norfolk-Westfalen
      Wintreath Nation
    Dragonland
  • Village Drifter
  • I’m so sorry this is late!

https://ibb.co/XCB9H16
    1 person likes this post: Marzipan
    Dragonland
    • Village Drifter
    Marzipan
  • Former Citizen
  • You got in before I opened voting, so you’re not late :P
    1 person likes this post: Dragonland
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 06:30:52 PM by Marzipan »

Regional Resume

Wintreath's Finest x5 (July 2019, March 2022, April 2022, Mid-Year 2022, Year 2022)

Formerly:
    Former Member of the Noble House of Kaizer and the joint Noble House of Valeria-Jormunr
    Marzipan
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Them/Theirs
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Gattoartico
  • Former Citizen
  • Idk tbh
  • Uhh mentions of homophobia, cruelty, murder, hate crimes

Nothing explicit I don’t think, just horror.

Spoiler
    There was something in the water.

None of the townsfolk could tell you what it was for certain. Only that it was big, that it had a terrible smell, and that it was something horrible. Oh they all had their theories, their little stories. Old Miss Galloway swore that it was a lost whale some fisherman brought home. Mr Cornell claimed he once saw it rising from the water late at night, that it was a sea monster or a dragon. Mr Speekay thought it was a gator that got too big for its britches.

Old Thompson said differently. He swore by the blessed Virgin and Child that it was a demon. An abomination that had crawled its way outta hell to punish them all for their sins. 

What sins, you asked? He closed his one good eye and let out a rattling breath, one that sounded with a sliver of guilt.

He shook his head and told you to go on with your life, leave them to their fate. You listened to him but only halfway, because under his admonishment you heard it. The fear, the misery, the hate.

A little down the road a youth was slumped against a wall, his light skin awash with a deathly pallor. His ragged curls matted with filth and what looked almost like blood. You would have passed him by and pretended he wasn’t there if you could. Quicker than a viper he snagged your sleeve, threadbare and patched clothes rustling with his movement. You’d lock eyes with him and you saw something in his gaze. Behind those warm dark eyes, was something odd. The emotions flickering there were hate and terror. So much terror. It chilled you to the bone it wormed its way up into your head and waited. Yet there was something else. There for a moment and gone in the next. Joy. It was a maddening kind of joy. One born in the rapture of a moment, when one passed into the next. A joy that should have faded but remained, trapped and frozen as if it could not let go.

He whispered a story to you then, one that had gone untold for years too long. One of love, of joy, of hate and of intolerance. It was the story of two boys and the town that couldn’t let them love. He told you of how they’d met, those two boys, of how they’d grown to love each other in a summer of too hot days and cooling water. How the boys would meet under the light of the moon to walk the river bank and tell their stories to each other. How they would spend their days watching each other, memorizing the others face. He told of when those boys let that love fill their cups and spill out, how they moved with each other in the dance of the small death, the soft sighs of passion. He told you of how those boys made love under the stars, with only the gods as their witness. 

He also told you how their story ended. Of the boys bound in rough rope and cruel iron. Of the laughter and jeers of the people around them. He told you how those boys were dragged to the end of the pier, how one was beaten until even the whimpering stopped. How both were weighed down with heavy stones and tossed into the waters. Of how those boys were dragged down, down, down. Until the only light was the faintest smudge of grey, how one never moved and drifted limply. He spoke of the other, the one that thrashed and screamed and railed against his fate. The one that looked into that dark water and saw movement. 

The youth let his lips curl into a cruel mockery of a grin, the faintest traces of starlight twirling in his eyes. He told you of a pact made in crushing depths, a deal made in breathless words and a primal, painful anger. He told you how the river had a guardian once, an ancient spirit that the townsfolk had worshipped and thanked in ages past. He said it had changed over the centuries, warped by the loss of its followers, twisted by the filth that flooded its waterways. 

His grin widened further, threatening to split his face in two. He told you that boy and that spirit reached an accord in those depths. That they had their purpose now. He tugged you down until you were crouched next to him, his ice cold lips nearly against your ear as he told you the last part of this tale.

That the boy and the spirit were one now, melded in their anger, in their rage, in the desire to protect and the pain that they suffered at a betrayal. He told you to run, to leave and never come back. 

You jerked away, falling on your back as he started to laugh, a wet gurgling thing. Your eyes widened as a realization swept through you. He rose to his feet and stood over you. His grin wider than it should be, too many teeth in his mouth, too many as sharp as knives. His eyes were as dark as the blackest depths. Starlight clung to his edges and draped him like the robes of a priest-king. Blood dribbled from his lips as he pointed out behind you, a shadow looming higher and higher until it blotted out the sun. 

Two deals were made that day. One to the river, while the other? The other was made with something far older. Something that had come back to this town wearing a corpse like a suit, vengeance on its mind and blood as its price. The youth laughed again, the sound screeching like nails on chalkboard, like grinding stone and wailing cats.

You scrambled to your feet and you ran. You ran further than you ever had before, faster than even you had thought you could. While behind you that same screeching laugh echoed, the roar of something primal sounded, pain spilling out. You didn’t stop until the screams had faded away entirely, you didn’t stop until the sun had started to set and the next town was welcoming you in. You found yourself in an inn surrounded by a crowd of villagers, clutching a drink with both hands while the innkeep set a down of stew in front of you. None of them could get you to say anything, not a word passed your lips as you stared into nothing.

How long you were like that you couldn’t tell, only that you had to have been there awhile. The stew had gone cold by the time you finally managed to make a move to eat it. You raised the spoon to your lips only to freeze. You let your eyes slowly look down until you could see into the mug you had been clutching, at the reflection of yourself. At the starlight you saw in your eyes. Something moved inside you. That horrible laugh filled your ears again and you were hungry. 

So very hungry.
    2 people like this post: TGN, Marzipan
    End of Time

I remember there in the dawn,
    When the suns rose and rose,
    That never could I know,
    A sight more grand than this.

Now I sit here in the dusk,
    While the suns die and die,
    That never will I see a sight more sad,
    Or a sight more beautiful.
    Gattoartico
    • Idk tbh
    • Never did we fear the sun, for we were the heathen kings of old.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Marzipan
  • Former Citizen
  • Okay, now Submissions are officially closed! Voting is open in the poll above. You may pick your top 2 artists.

Regional Resume

Formerly:
    Marzipan
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Them/Theirs
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Marzipan
  • Former Citizen
  • Congratulations to our winner @Neon Abigail!
    1 person likes this post: ☆ Princess Abigail ☆

Regional Resume

Formerly:
    Marzipan
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Them/Theirs
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Congratulations to Abbi, and to everyone! It was a close contest ^-^

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
  • Former Citizen
  • 沈黙した
  • Thank you so much this really means a whole bunch to me. 
    1 person likes this post: Gattoartico
    ❤️ Caitlin ❤️
    I want you to fall hardest of all saying my name or nothing at all.
    "Neon is genuinely exhausting to read"
    ☆ Princess Abigail ☆
    • 沈黙した
    • International Trans Girl Icon
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Orientation
      People
      Wintreath Nation
    Gattoartico
  • Former Citizen
  • Idk tbh
  • Congrats Abbi!
    End of Time

I remember there in the dawn,
    When the suns rose and rose,
    That never could I know,
    A sight more grand than this.

Now I sit here in the dusk,
    While the suns die and die,
    That never will I see a sight more sad,
    Or a sight more beautiful.
    Gattoartico
    • Idk tbh
    • Never did we fear the sun, for we were the heathen kings of old.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]