Pages: [1]

Lets be Reasonable... Please

Ogun of Valeria
  • Citizen
  • Popetato of Wintreath
  • Hi! Thank you for coming to see my campaign, sorry its up so late.

I am not a member of the "Burn it Down party" though I do admire then for creating a coalition and actually running for the Underhusen. I was once a strong opponent of the Burn It Down Party. When I ran for Underhusen last term, my main goal was to keep it alive. However, I was honestly dismayed by the recent term.

If you elect me, I promise activity. The job of the Underhusen is to pass bills. The Underhusen failed this term in giving the people a reason why they shouldn't grab torches, pickaxes, and steam rollers and burn this institution to the ground. So, I completely understand why Burn it Down seems like the better option.

It literally took me 2 months to pass 3 simple bills that had no debate and was unanimously consented. It wasn't until the last week that I was able to basically become speaker and save the bills from death and irrelevance. Other bills weren't so lucky.

I currently have a commendation on the grounds of the Citizen Platform that I intend to pass this term, and I have much more drafts ready to be passed. I am willing to debate the future of the Underhusen as I see it definitely needs it to change. The Citizens council seems to be functioning but unfortunately the chaos of the month has reduced my commenting. So, please, for the sake of bills and legislation, lets not burn it down yet. I hope this term will continue have these conversations as I know most of my colleagues will be members of the party, but I know that they are great legislatures. The leader of their party was one of the most helpful in my grueling process to pass the bills amidst inactivity so I am hopeful in terms of activity.

You get a commendation, I get a commendation, we all get commendations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3 people like this post: Michi, taulover, BraveSirRobin
    Spoiler
    Wintreath
    Potato Pope of Wintreath from September 9, 2020-December 2020 (stepped down and pledges support to true pope)
    Citizen of Wintreath from July 1, 2017-present
    Bishop of the Cathedral of the Holy Tuber from August 15, 2020-September 9, 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of June: July 7, 2020
    WA Vice Delegate of Wintreath from April 13, 2020-June 4, 2020
    WA Delegate of Wintreath from June 4, 2020-present
    Thane of World Assembly/Regional Affairs from June 9, 2020- present
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen from December 8, 2019-February 8, 2020
    Skrifa of the 38th Underhusen from February 8, 2020-April 8, 2020
    Skrifa of the 41st Underhusen from August 8, 2020-October 9, 2020
    Skrifa of the 42nd Underhusen from October 9, 2020-December 8, 2020
    Speaker pro-tempore of the 41st Underhusen from August 18, 2020-September 13, 2020
    Acting Speaker of the Underhusen of the 41st Underhusen from September 13, 2020-October 9, 2020
    Ambassador to The East Pacific from January 27, 2020-present
    Ambassador to Aerium from February 2, 2020-March 24, 2020
    Ambassador to India from March 24, 2020-present
    Ambassador to Sonindia from June 2, 2020-present
    Member of the House of Emoticonious from June 5, 2020-July 18, 2020
    Member of the House of The Devils from June 19, 2020-present
    Member of the Cathedral of The Holy Tuber from June 21, 2020-present
    Ogun of Valeria
    • Popetato of Wintreath
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His