Pages: [1]

[DISCUSSION] Contagion Quarantine Authorization Act of 2018

Chanku
  • Citizen
    Title
    1. This act is to be cited as the Contagion Quarantine Authorization Act of 2018

Authorizations of Power
    2. The Storting grants the Monarchy authority over creating and maintaining information on potential bacteria, viruses, and fungi that could cause outbreaks and mass panics.
    3. The Storting grants the Monarchy the authority to, during periods of outbreak and infection, declare Martial Law over areas of Wintreath. Such Martial Law will suspend Section 2.1 of the Citizenship and Demonym Act and permits the forceful quarantine or expulsion of any individual that refuses to aid in the containment of such outbreak, or any individual that fails to adhere to procedure to contain the outbreak. A declaration of Martial Law must be presented to the Storting, and the Storting reserves the authority to rescind such a declaration at any time, with or without the permission or assent of the Monarchy. The Monarchy must rescind the declaration after the outbreak has been contained and is no longer a threat.
    4. It is requested that the Monarchy establish proper contingency plans in the event of an outbreak, such that an order of operation may be established to ensure the orderly operation of the Government, and it is additionally requested that the Monarchy share such information with the relevant authorities of the Storting, if not the Storting itself.
    5. It is requested that such an agency include the relevant officers and authorities of the Storting.

Limitations
    6. Any citizen forcefully quarantined or expelled under Section 3 of this act is to be considered in compliance with Section 2.1 of the Citizenship and Demonym Act for a period of no longer than one month from the rescission of the declaration of Martial Law. The suspension does not effect the requirements to obtain Citizenship initially.

Expiration
    7. This act expires on the first day of January of the year two-thousand and nineteen of the common era, at one minute past the first hour of that day. Upon expiration any declared Martial Law immediately ends, and all parts of this law are rendered invalid, except for Section 6 of this act, which is to continue in its effect until no citizens are covered under the exception.

I hereby reintroduce this amended version for discussion.
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 06:43:26 PM by Chanku »
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the RiksrÄd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Katie
  • Former Citizen
  • The Cheese
  • My only issue is the word "expulsion" in Section 3. If that alone were removed I'd vote aye on this.
    Lady Katherine Ostergaard
    Countess of Osterfell, Matriarch of the Noble House of Ostergaard

Resumé
    Contact
    Discord: Katie#3933

Wintreath
      • Fmr. Thane of WA Affairs
      • Fmr. Jarl of Foreign Affairs
      • Fmr. Skrifa in the 29th-34th & 36th Sessions of the Underhusen
      • Fmr. Officer of Information in the 29th-34th Sessions of the Underhusen
      • Fmr. Speaker Pro Tempore in the 33rd Underhusen
      • Fmr. Thane of Integration