Pages: [1] 2

[DRAFT] Reon Commendation Act

Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
    Title
    1. This bill shall be cited as the Reon Commendation Act.

Recognition
    2. Wintreath notes the numerous achievements of Reon, including:
    (a) Contributing to both the Underhusen and Overhusen repeatedly, authoring laws such as the Monarch-Underhusen Rights Removal Amendment Act,
    (b) Serving as World Assembly Delegate, as well as Jarl of WA Affairs, for almost three years,
    (c) Fostering the region's culture as Thane of Culture.
    (d) Outstanding service to the region both as a member of government, a legislator and as a citizen.
    (e) Work as one of the first members of the Wintreath Minecraft Server building the community there.
    (f) Outstanding contribution to the community as a citizen.

3. The Storting hereby awards Reon the Commendation of Wintreath.

Several Stortings ago, we attempted to give Reon a Commendation. It was defeated in the OH due to them feeling that we had not reflected Reon's accomplishments fully. Now, I wish to try again to give Reon the recognition I feel that he deserves.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Syraj
  • Former Citizen
  • I agree, but the document is vague in (d) and(f), and just lists titles(b) and (c).
    To get this to pass, you need more examples. Just to clarify, I do support this.
    « Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:53:20 AM by Syraj »
    Résumé

Citizen: 23 June - Present,
    Wintreath's Finest July 2018,
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the 29th, 30th and 31st Underhusen,
    RP Guild Rank: Layman
    Ambassador to Hartfelden: 11 October -
    Present,
    Thane of Roleplay, December 2018 - Present.
    Syraj
    • I am totally not sleazy. My products are top quality.
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • This has much the same justifications as previous Commendations.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Katie
  • Former Citizen
  • The Cheese
  • I think sections (d) and (f) are fine, and I also think that the 3 years in WA-related positions is reason enough, as well as his various contributions to the laws and the culture of Wintreath. I fully support.
    Lady Katherine Ostergaard
    Countess of Osterfell, Matriarch of the Noble House of Ostergaard

Resumé
    Contact
    Discord: Katie#3933

Wintreath
      • Fmr. Thane of WA Affairs
      • Fmr. Jarl of Foreign Affairs
      • Fmr. Skrifa in the 29th-34th & 36th Sessions of the Underhusen
      • Fmr. Officer of Information in the 29th-34th Sessions of the Underhusen
      • Fmr. Speaker Pro Tempore in the 33rd Underhusen
      • Fmr. Thane of Integration
      • Fmr. Thane of Embassies

Other
    • Fmr. Councillor of World Assembly Affairs in Cynosure
    • Fmr. Outreach Officer of the Rejected Realms
    • Fmr. Kaetunet of the 1st House of Commons of the Holy Reich of Bunicken
    • Fmr. Grand Councillor in Grand Central
    • Fmr. Local Councillor in the South Pacific
    Katie
    • The Cheese
    • hoh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Ostergaard
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • I've been trying to add things Reon did to this act. However, it's been so long since Reon was a citizen I cannot remember nor find things he did to directly reference. I know he was a positive influence on Wintreath, I just cannot remember specific examples.

However, considering the fact that the Overhusen was the obstacle last time, perhaps it would be prudent to get their opinion on this.

@Wintermoot, if the current version of this act goes to the Overhusen, would you support it?
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • As Speaker I extend an invitation to all current Peers of the Overhusen and all prior Peers who are not currently a part of the current Overhusen, but were during the consideration of the past act, to speak within the Underhusen on this matter.
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • As Speaker I extend an invitation to all current Peers of the Overhusen and all prior Peers who are not currently a part of the current Overhusen, but were during the consideration of the past act, to speak within the Underhusen on this matter.
    @Wuufu, @Aragonn, @Cinciri, and @trader have been given Underhusen masking to speak on this matter.

@Wintermoot, if the current version of this act goes to the Overhusen, would you support it?
    I personally think the act needs more research to justify the claims made. What did he do to foster regional culture? Did he establish new forum games, take a leading role in festivals, or run activities? What are some examples of outstanding service he provided as a Citizen? What were his contributions to the Minecraft server? Did he recruit people or build structures that we consider impressive today?

It might be helpful to go through his posts and see what things he worked on and contributed to, and to check his departure thread to see the sorts of things people said about him at the time.

He's been gone two years now, and honestly it's been so long that I would need to research some of those things myself, but even if in the end we remember him because he was a particularly outgoing and zany character who was a good friend to people in the community and helped make it a more fun and cheerful place to be, I think that's a worthy commendation too. We're a community-based region, after all, and it's ok to hold someone like him up as someone who embodied what Wintreath was/is as a community. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be commended, but whatever commendation we eventually pass should be one that's worthy of him.
    2 people like this post: taulover, BraveSirRobin

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    trader
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath's Unofficial Official Merchant
  • I think that 2c-2f need concrete examples before I'd be able to vote one way or the other in good conscience. Which is not to say I'm against this act. Noting the examples is two fold, in my opinion, it helps us make our choice in the following days/weeks and enshrines their contributions to our community in legislature so that everyone can know how important they were for our little corner of the Internet. I think it would be a disservice to Reon and their contributions to not give them full credit for the work they did while they were here.
    1 person likes this post: Katie
    Remember, there is no reason to panic, nothing is on fire.
    trader
    • Wintreath's Unofficial Official Merchant
    • Mercury 'trader' Kestar
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • I motion to extend debate while I look through all of Reon's old posts.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
    @Wuufu, @Aragonn, @Cinciri, and @trader have been given Underhusen masking to speak on this matter.

I personally think the act needs more research to justify the claims made. What did he do to foster regional culture? Did he establish new forum games, take a leading role in festivals, or run activities? What are some examples of outstanding service he provided as a Citizen? What were his contributions to the Minecraft server? Did he recruit people or build structures that we consider impressive today?

It might be helpful to go through his posts and see what things he worked on and contributed to, and to check his departure thread to see the sorts of things people said about him at the time.

He's been gone two years now, and honestly it's been so long that I would need to research some of those things myself, but even if in the end we remember him because he was a particularly outgoing and zany character who was a good friend to people in the community and helped make it a more fun and cheerful place to be, I think that's a worthy commendation too. We're a community-based region, after all, and it's ok to hold someone like him up as someone who embodied what Wintreath was/is as a community. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be commended, but whatever commendation we eventually pass should be one that's worthy of him.

Though I do have a question I wanted to ask you. Would you support this Act if we listed positions he held but focused on his positive role in the Community?
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Katie
  • Former Citizen
  • The Cheese
  • I second North's motion to extend Debate.
    Lady Katherine Ostergaard
    Countess of Osterfell, Matriarch of the Noble House of Ostergaard

Resumé
    Contact
    Discord: Katie#3933

Wintreath
      • Fmr. Thane of WA Affairs
      • Fmr. Jarl of Foreign Affairs
      • Fmr. Skrifa in the 29th-34th & 36th Sessions of the Underhusen
      • Fmr. Officer of Information in the 29th-34th Sessions of the Underhusen
      • Fmr. Speaker Pro Tempore in the 33rd Underhusen
      • Fmr. Thane of Integration
      • Fmr. Thane of Embassies

Other
    • Fmr. Councillor of World Assembly Affairs in Cynosure
    • Fmr. Outreach Officer of the Rejected Realms
    • Fmr. Kaetunet of the 1st House of Commons of the Holy Reich of Bunicken
    • Fmr. Grand Councillor in Grand Central
    • Fmr. Local Councillor in the South Pacific
    Katie
    • The Cheese
    • hoh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Ostergaard
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
    Title

Recognition
    (a) Contributing to both the Underhusen and Overhusen repeatedly, working on laws such as the Monarch-Underhusen Rights Removal Amendment Act,
    (b) Serving as World Assembly Delegate, as well as Jarl of WA Affairs, for almost three years, representing the Region on the international stage admirably and keeping the population informed on WA news,
    (c) Fostering the region's culture as Thane of Culture, encouraging expansion of and participation in the Dumping Grounds, a foremost attraction to Wintreath,
    (d) Outstanding service to the region both as a member of government, a legislator and as a citizen,
    (e) Work as one of the first members of the Wintreath Minecraft Server building the community there,
    (f) Affable prescence that greatly contributed to the Community of Wintreath and it's reputation as a friendly region,
    (g) Meritous example of a Citizen, contributing to the Citizen's Platform regularly and conscientiously, ensuring the Vox Populi was heard.

3. The Storting hereby awards Reon the Commendation of Wintreath.

The main issue I am facing is this. I've gone through 15 pages worth of his posts. He never actually started much as a legislator so I cannot point to much there, he mostly provided opinon and shaped the course of a debate, which while at least in my opinion is worthy of praise is difficult to provide concrete examples of. Almost all of the topics he created were announcements he made in his role as WA Delegate (though I did put that into the Commendation since that is, in fact, quite remarkable) so I cannot claim he started much in the way of any cultural activity, he most participated, which while, again, in my opinon is worthy of praise is difficult to provide concrete examples of. His time as Thane of Culture was in the middle of a significant drop in general activity across the region, heck,  he was removed from that position for inactivity himself so there is nothing he did there that can easily be pointed to as an achivement.

The most concrete examples I could find so far are being a friendly prescence that everyone enjoyed and for, as a citizen, being remarkably conscientious in Government affairs, regularly commenting on the Citizens Platform and participating in the Constitutional Convention.

I'm going to have to dig deeper.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
    Title

Recognition
    (a) Contributing to both the Underhusen and Overhusen repeatedly, working on laws such as the Monarch-Underhusen Rights Removal Amendment Act,
    (b) Serving as World Assembly Delegate, as well as Jarl of WA Affairs, for almost three years, representing the Region on the international stage admirably and keeping the population informed on WA news,
    (c) Fostering the region's culture as Thane of Culture, encouraging expansion of and participation in the Dumping Grounds, a foremost attraction to Wintreath,
    (d) Outstanding service to the region both as a member of government, a legislator and as a citizen,
    (e) Work as one of the first members of the Wintreath Minecraft Server building the community there,

3. Also noting that Reon's foremost contributions to Wintreath were as a pleasant, affable, friendly and conscientious member of the Wintreath Community that made the community as a whole better from his presence.

4. The Storting hereby awards Reon the Commendation of Wintreath.

Another version I made after a suggestion from taulover. What does everyone think?
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Syraj
  • Former Citizen
  • Much better, but I think there is room for improvement. I think this could pass, though.
    Résumé

Citizen: 23 June - Present,
    Wintreath's Finest July 2018,
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the 29th, 30th and 31st Underhusen,
    RP Guild Rank: Layman
    Ambassador to Hartfelden: 11 October -
    Present,
    Thane of Roleplay, December 2018 - Present.
    Syraj
    • I am totally not sleazy. My products are top quality.
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • @Wintermoot, would this current version be acceptable to the Overhusen?
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2