Pages: [1]

Storting Discussion: Declassification Amendment Act

PB
  • Paragons
  • Skrifa have up to 5 days to debate the following legislation. 

Title
    1.  This act may be cited as the Declassification Amendment Act

Amendments
    1.  Section 2 of the Declassification of Private Storting Discussion Procedure Act currently reads:
    "All discussions are to be classified until 30 minutes before the end of the Session. During that time the Speaker of the Underhusen and the Chairman of the Overhusen shall release all classified documents."

It shall be amended to read:
    "All discussions are to be declassified and posted in a space reserved for Wintrean government announcements at the conclusion of the nomination period for Underhusen candidates.  If a discussion was created by a Skrifa, it will be declassified by the outgoing Speaker or Speaker Pro Tempore.  If a discussion was created by the Monarch or a Peer, it will be declassified by the Chairman or Acting Chairman."
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • I'm a bit concerned as to how that amendment might effect elections. I understand the idea behind it though. Skrifa should be judged by their performance and their actions, whether they be from a private discussion or not, however if a highly sensitive issue were to be discussed (e.g. Govindia's Citizenship Revocation) then its declassification after the nomination period might have unintended negative effect against incumbents. A Skrifa who'd performed their duties admirably might suffer for some tongue-in-cheek remark made about such things in a private subforum.
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:36:32 PM by Emoticonius »
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • I think the point of declassifying them is to expose all of that.  We are, after all, public servants.  We are held to higher standards because we're trusted with authority.  Part of those standards is answering the call for transparency and honesty.  I would hope that anyone mature enough to pass judgment on a citizen in private would be able to do so publicly as well. 
    2 people like this post: Laurentus, Michi
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Libetarian Republics
  • Former Citizen
  • These discussions being declassified will be solely for the citizenry or to all that visit the forums?
    Libetarian Republics
    Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • Some things, concerning Foreign Affairs for instance, should probably be summarised and that summary be available to all, instead of everything from that topic being shared. Good point, thank you Libetarian Republics.
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]