Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Wuufu Warble

Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • Great issue! The Konami thing was cool too! :3
    1 person likes this post: Wuufu
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Barnes
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintrean Press Secretary
  • Wow, what a fascinating blog and issue! I was intrigued! Let's just say you have another regular reader from now on :)
    Barnes
    • credit to @DorkCollie
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Wuufu
  • Citizen
  • What's that? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's the sixteenth issue of the Wuufu Warble!

Click here to read Issue 16

Highlights in this issue:
    • A brand new Featured Board Game section for all those TableTop lovers out there.
    • Some awesome Lovecraftian gems.
    • Hiding out in the Bushes of Love with ObiWan and Luke.
    • Your usual packed issue of fun and games!
    Enjoy! :)
    2 people like this post: Emoticonius, Barnes
    Wuufu
    • Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Another great issue! I actually kinda went on a TED Talk "binge" so to speak, earlier this year and saw the one featured in this issue. It was very fun. My own city doesn't have a flag. I may very well try designing one and seeing where that goes. ^_^

I'm definitely gonna check out that Lovecraft archive! I'm a big fan. :)
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Barnes
  • Former Citizen
  • I had done the same as well, coincidentally also coming across the city flags TED talk. At this point I practically implore Milwaukee to redesign their flag (as the only example in the presentation somewhat close to me), and I remember having looked at a designer who had worked on fixing it. I don't remember whether the redesigned Milwaukee flag was in the video, however.

I'm glad to see the Warble come back. A fascinating issue as always :)
    Barnes
    • credit to @DorkCollie
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Another excellent issue. :)

I haven't specifically played Heroes of the Storm, but I could never get into MOBAs because of the toxic environment on many of them, especially with team members that harass and berate people who don't play as well as they think they should. How does HotS compare from your perspective?

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wuufu
  • Citizen
  • Another excellent issue. :)

I haven't specifically played Heroes of the Storm, but I could never get into MOBAs because of the toxic environment on many of them, especially with team members that harass and berate people who don't play as well as they think they should. How does HotS compare from your perspective?
    From my perspective, the games I've always played with have been with family voice talking over Discord, and a few other randomers. But people don't really talk in the game; there is too much going on to say much. So I haven't really seen any messages I'd find harassing.

I'd be happy to join a Wintreath based HoTs team if people were so inclined. It's always nicer to play with friends :)
    Wuufu
    • Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I remember one of the first times I played League of Legends, I was completely berated by a teammate because I had 'stolen' his kill, and I've seen a lot of other instances of things like that in League...which probably led to my not playing them much, in spite of @Daylen Phoenix once saying I had a lot of potential. :P

We actually talked at one time about doing a League of Legends team a few years back, but nothing ever came of it...I wonder if there are many people that play HotS here? If there are it might be worth reviving the idea. :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • I've not played HotS myself to be able to compare but I think I remember reading like a year ago (before the game was released) that it's in game chat function would be different to most other MOBA's? In that there was less written communication in a match (ironically a GOOD thing in MOBA's)? It was the main thing I read that I liked about HotS as I think it would really help League and other games to restrict it's chat function. Is this right/still the case?

From my perspective though, while off-putting, the undeniably toxic environment of League (and others I'm sure) basically has to be ignored. There's two options I've found. Grow a thick skin and ignore it. Or lash back out when you feel you've been wronged. As in real life, I veer drastically from one option to the other on any given day depending on my mood. :P
    « Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:00:03 AM by Daylen Phoenix »
    "Steel yourself! Though the agony be great, my cleansing flames will burn away the darkness within, and reforge your very soul."

The Federation of Daxev - #1 in Wintreath for Highest Average Tax Rates, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Nicest Citizens, Most Inclusive, Smartest Citizens, Most Cultured, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Pacifist, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Largest Governments, Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Influential, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Advanced Public Transport, Most Advanced Public Education, Least Corrupt Governments, Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Healthiest Citizens.
    Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I don't know about HotS, but that's what Blizzard did in Hearthstone...restricted chat to a few pre-defined emotes and expressions. It may be limiting, but it was actually a comfort to me knowing that the other person couldn't rage against me as they rage-quit. :P

But you forget, I'm meek and sensitive and easily hurted. I don't want a thick skin! :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • Heroes of the Storm is functionally casual league... I've played a fair amount because I play all mobas...
    The chat is normal... You can type... There's no inter-team chat which kinda helps the raging thing but also because the game is less skillful, less serious, and more quick not a lot of talking is done in my experience...
    Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
    Reon
    • Follow the Truth, whoever that may be.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • I don't know about HotS, but that's what Blizzard did in Hearthstone...restricted chat to a few pre-defined emotes and expressions. It may be limiting, but it was actually a comfort to me knowing that the other person couldn't rage against me as they rage-quit. :P

That actually sounds really good to me. I wish all (non competitive/MMO) games would follow this system.

Heroes of the Storm is functionally casual league... I've played a fair amount because I play all mobas...
    The chat is normal... You can type... There's no inter-team chat which kinda helps the raging thing but also because the game is less skillful, less serious, and more quick not a lot of talking is done in my experience...

That really does sound ideal to me. Such a shame I really don't care about the characters/Blizzard universe and the character designs are really not to my tastes. Those things alone stop me from playing it.   :(
    "Steel yourself! Though the agony be great, my cleansing flames will burn away the darkness within, and reforge your very soul."

The Federation of Daxev - #1 in Wintreath for Highest Average Tax Rates, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Nicest Citizens, Most Inclusive, Smartest Citizens, Most Cultured, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Pacifist, Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Largest Governments, Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Influential, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Advanced Public Transport, Most Advanced Public Education, Least Corrupt Governments, Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Healthiest Citizens.
    Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • Eh, I think you should give it a running try either way... The game mechanics are kind of weird for a moba but you might dig on it...
    Reon
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Daylen Phoenix
  • Former Citizen
  • Nah, I don't think I will. Like I said, I just really don't like the characters/universe which is a massive deal to me. Out of the 51(?) playable 'Heroes' there wasn't a single one that leaped out at me to even want to try. I'm sure it's a great game, with some core gameplay elements I'd like but to me, the 'outer packaging' of a game (so to speak) is just as important as the fundamentals of how it plays. It would probably take a MOBA using a licence I'm already familiar with to get me to try it at this point. Plus, I've spent SOOO much bloody money on League that it would be a crime for me to spend time on any other MOBA! Lol.

Daylen Phoenix
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • And yet! You never play league with me!
    Reon
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4