Poll

Do you approve of this bill, or of the idea of a separate Judicial Branch of government?

Yes I approve of this bill, and the idea of a separate Judicial Branch of government
2 (16.7%)
I don't approve of this bill currently, but I do support a separate Judicial Branch of government
4 (33.3%)
I do not support either.
3 (25%)
Unsure
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]

Wintreath Proposed Judiciary Amendment: Poll to the People

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • The law allows the Storting to determine any procedures for applicants to follow...although I'm unsure of the feasibility of a law exam, it could be included as part of the application prior to Storting approval.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I'm with an earlier statement on this one.  I think it's a fine idea to have, though with our current system and number of active members currently, it might be a bit too early to introduce it.

I love the idea of a fair representation by lawyer and having a court system, but as mentioned, I'm a bit unsure about it complicating things when we don't even have a full Riksråd cabinet.  Considering we have 4 vacant positions and a couple of members double dipping in the governmental positions (with our king in 3), I think until we have enough people to be able to fill those out and make it more diverse, we should hold off on putting up even more positions for people to sign up for.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • I'm with an earlier statement on this one.  I think it's a fine idea to have, though with our current system and number of active members currently, it might be a bit too early to introduce it.

I love the idea of a fair representation by lawyer and having a court system, but as mentioned, I'm a bit unsure about it complicating things when we don't even have a full Riksråd cabinet.  Considering we have 4 vacant positions and a couple of members double dipping in the governmental positions (with our king in 3), I think until we have enough people to be able to fill those out and make it more diverse, we should hold off on putting up even more positions for people to sign up for.
    you never double dip bro

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

you never double dip bro

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Clearly we have people that have never heard that rule.  ;)
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen

• How else are we to know they understand the law?
    There's not even anything to make sure someone who's been voted into the underhusen is able to understand the law... Someone who joins up to a law case shouldn't have to pass a test a Skrifa doesn't...
    Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
    Reon
    • Follow the Truth, whoever that may be.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen

• How else are we to know they understand the law?
    There's not even anything to make sure someone who's been voted into the underhusen is able to understand the law... Someone who joins up to a law case shouldn't have to pass a test a Skrifa doesn't...

Oath of office?  Give them an exam too? 
    Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • Well, I am intensely against oaths, personally... I can go and grab/update my exceptionally long speeches against oaths in NS from the Spiritus debates... But let's just say now that I'm against it...
    I'm just saying, it's weird that we're making a requirement for people who have to do the law for one thing but we don't do it for the people who have to do the law for an entire session and often beyond.
    Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
    Reon
    • Follow the Truth, whoever that may be.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • I feel that the citizenry will sort of police themselves with this issue. Hugsim was in the region for less than a month, but he's become one of the best UH Speakers in recent memory. If a judge clearly misapplies the law, the defendant has the right to appeal anyway.
    2 people like this post: Chanku, Michi
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]