Pages: [1]

Proposal: Codifying agendas in the UH

Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Hi all!

As Secretary, it's my duty to post up Acts that are being discussed in the UH for your perusal and feedback. I've been a little bit lax thus far, but that's going to change. Without further ado:

1: Title
    1.1. This Act shall be styled as the Procedural Rules of the Underhusen Amendment XV.

2: Amendments
    2.1. A new section, numbered 9, shall be added before the existing section 9, with subsequent sections renumbered accordingly. The new section shall read as follows:
    9. Once a Speaker has been elected, they have three (3) days in which to devise and propose an agenda for the following term to the Underhusen for approval. At the end of the three (3) day period, the agenda must be approved by not less than half of the Underhusen.
       (c) An agenda is defined in this context as a list of targets the Speaker, with agreement of the Underhusen, wishes to be achieved by the end of the term.
       (b) If an agenda is not approved within the three (3) day limit, an additional period of discussion can be proposed by the Speaker and agreed upon by the Underhusen. This period must not exceed one (1) week.

The idea behind this Act is, as I explained (here):
    An agenda helps crystalize the goals of an Underhusen term and allows not only the Skifra themselves but the general public to tell whether or not the UH is performing its duties to the standard it holds itself to. It also makes it easier to plan out a term's work for the Speaker and Skifra involved, in my opinion, rather than doing whatever happens to fall into their laps.

The purpose of this Act is to allow a new term to set out definitive goals, not only for their own use but so that those outside of the UH can see what their elected representatives are hoping to achieve in the term, and also has the added benefit of allowing others to formulate an opinion on whether or not a legislature has become a "sitting duck".

Please give your feedback, thoughts and criticisms here!
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • I've already expressed my observations in the other topic, but thanks for posting this for the Citizens! :)

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]