Fayt
  • Former Citizen
  • "nope I'm good"
    Fayt
    • Former Citizen
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • [There's an Agent Jenkins too? Now I am going to be disappointed if Agent Waldo doesn't get lost at some point, and if Agent Jenkins doesn't immediately Leeroy in to find him, preferably in a place with a lot of other people and objects that look like Agent Waldo. Yes, I know those are both real names that real people can have.]

Mesmer was uneasy. A dragon? The fire breathing kind from the novels? She has phased through solid matter before, but was uncertain if it would work on fire. Dragons may be easy to disbelieve as fantasy, but fire is very real. However, it's unlikely that Mesmer was recruited to be a fighter...

"The first step of the plan. Is it to deal with the police first? If it is, then I have an idea about how I can contribute. They are here for the child, yes? One who is known for leaving behind explosions? I can create a decoy, make it look like Andrew is attempting to escape. If/When the local police attack, we cause an explosion, centered on 'Andrew'. Perhaps your equipment will do this... or perhaps one of the others here can assist with that part. Without a body to leave behind, they won't discover that it was only an illusion, and will think he either escaped, or died. That should distract and hopefully send them away. I'll have to stay outside, my abilities require my concentration, and a visual on what I am doing, and I may need to improvise if they don't react as expected, but while I'm doing this the others can move in to confront the... dragon. Does this make sense?"

Mesmer is uncertain, but the way I imagine her power should work, it will FAIL on fire attacks. She wouldn't last 5 seconds in battle with a dragon. There may be other opponents Mesmer will be effectively immune to. This isn't one of them.
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:14:50 AM by Aethelia »
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • "I got a couple questions: 'who the fuck names their kid Keisha?' and 'how do I piss off the dragonborn?'"
    Agent McGrath face palmed. "A lot of Americans name their kids Keisha, Daniel, and maybe if you wanted to piss Keisha off you can ask her the ignorant-ass question you just asked me. Next."
    "nope I'm good"
    "Spartan. I like it. Maybe you're not as bad as I thought you were." McGrath grinned. "Try to keep Daniel in line then, eh?"
    leeeerooooy
    [There's an Agent Jenkins too? Now I am going to be disappointed if Agent Waldo doesn't get lost at some point, and if Agent Jenkins doesn't immediately Leeroy in to find him, preferably in a place with a lot of other people and objects that look like Agent Waldo. Yes, I know those are both real names that real people can have.]

Mesmer was uneasy. A dragon? The fire breathing kind from the novels? She has phased through solid matter before, but was uncertain if it would work on fire. Dragons may be easy to disbelieve as fantasy, but fire is very real. However, it's unlikely that Mesmer was recruited to be a fighter...

"The first step of the plan. Is it to deal with the police first? If it is, then I have an idea about how I can contribute. They are here for the child, yes? One who is known for leaving behind explosions? I can create a decoy, make it look like Andrew is attempting to escape. If/When the local police attack, we cause an explosion, centered on 'Andrew'. Perhaps your equipment will do this... or perhaps one of the others here can assist with that part. Without a body to leave behind, they won't discover that it was only an illusion, and will think he either escaped, or died. That should distract and hopefully send them away. I'll have to stay outside, my abilities require my concentration, and a visual on what I am doing, and I may need to improvise if they don't react as expected, but while I'm doing this the others can move in to confront the... dragon. Does this make sense?"

Mesmer is uncertain, but the way I imagine her power should work, it will FAIL on fire attacks. She wouldn't last 5 seconds in battle with a dragon. There may be other opponents Mesmer will be effectively immune to. This isn't one of them.
    McGrath nodded in approval. "Brilliant plan, Mesmer. It would certainly fool me. I'm afraid that explosives aren't on the equipment list, but you do have access to oxygen tanks and a pyromaniac. Make of that what you will.

However, I do have to warn you: don't try and make the explosion very large. That hospital is still full of ill children, and even if you do well in this raid, it won't magically change that. Any fires you start will have to be put out, any shrapnel you aim at a certain dragon might shoot through the wall, and so on."
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • "I should be able to cut Mr Knox off from the others when we find them," Optical volunteered, "but I've never had a dragon be convexed by them. I do not know how effective that would be. We would need to be quick, regardless."
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • "Just saying it's a dumbass name. Plenty of stupid shit lots of people like..."
    Daniel got his flask out of his pocket and took another swig, sure that his position on Californian naming conventions was correct.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Thurmond frowned at the cup of coffee, drinking it out of politeness rather than taste. After nodding at the plan of Mesmer's, Thurmond spoke up. "The terrorists, you say you want them detained ja? What condition do they need to be in? Good health, or within an inch of their life?" he asked very bluntly, while taking of his jacket, revealing an unbuttoned studded leather vest. Underneath the vest one could notice the obviously toned and physically fit muscles, a result of his lifetime of combat training, and the tattoos depicting norse runes and the god Thor on his left shoulder. He reached into his bag, grabbed his bow and slung it over his shoulder along with his arrows, then took a tomahawk in each hand, charging each bit of exposed metal on his vest and weapons. The act of doing so left a high level of static electricity in the air, causing hairs to stand up and what not. Thurmond stood ready for whatever battle came next.
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Fayt
  • Former Citizen
  • "Daniel you heard that right? you fuck about I'll put you in line ahah"
    Fayt
    • Former Citizen
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Turning to Arcadia, Daniel decided a putdown would be for the best,
    "Hey, tin can, shut up and let the grown ups talk, will ya?"
    Next, he turned to his other comrades and said, "Now listen, I've got something that might help with this situation, so when we suit up and plan our approach i think we can find a way to deal with this dragon easier."
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Fayt
  • Former Citizen
  • Turning to Arcadia, Daniel decided a putdown would be for the best,
    Next, he turned to his other comrades and said, "Now listen, I've got something that might help with this situation, so when we suit up and plan our approach i think we can find a way to deal with this dragon easier."

"Mmm tin can me will you you're the bad guy not me... don't make me do something you'll regret later" Arcadia looking pissed off "so we done here?" looking in Daniel's direction wanting to hit Daniel and hard... "look you little bastard stop this shit or I'll make you stop..."
    Fayt
    • Former Citizen
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • "Mmm tin can me will you you're the bad guy not me... don't make me do something you'll regret later" Arcadia looking pissed off "so we done here?" looking in Daniel's direction wanting to hit Daniel and hard... "look you little bastard stop this shit or I'll make you stop..."

"Oi smart one, don't go fighting new wars when you have other battles to fight, especially when you will be outnumbered and out gunned." Thurmond shouted at Arcadia. "For once can you focus on the task at hand?" Turning to Daniel he stated more calmly, "What is this plan of yours? I understand that fire an explosions are a specialty of yours?"
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Fayt
  • Former Citizen
  • "Mmm tin can me will you you're the bad guy not me... don't make me do something you'll regret later" Arcadia looking pissed off "so we done here?" looking in Daniel's direction wanting to hit Daniel and hard... "look you little bastard stop this shit or I'll make you stop..."

"Oi smart one, don't go fighting new wars when you have other battles to fight, especially when you will be outnumbered and out gunned." Thurmond shouted at Arcadia. "For once can you focus on the task at hand?" Turning to Daniel he stated more calmly, "What is this plan of yours? I understand that fire an explosions are a specialty of yours?"

"Mmm" Arcadia's starts to move away from the others, walking back and forth talking to himself "my work is close to finishing just might mmm yes, yes that might work ahahah ahahah AHAHAH" Arcadia turns back to the group walks back in line "I'm ready when you are"
    Fayt
    • Former Citizen
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • "Well I don't just create incindiary blasts, I'm also immune to them. So I'm thinking if we can get Kesha or whatever her name is to try and fireblast me, it might give you an opening. Also, the renaissance fair employee is pacing back and forth and laughing maniacally, think you can give him some EST?"
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Thurmond just sighed and stated, "I saw we ignore him until our plan is set. Also that plan is genius" Thurmond raised an eyebrow, whispering so that only Daniel could hear, "I'm beginning to think you are not as much of a drunk as you let on heh heh. This is a good tactic in the world we are facing ja?" Thurmond turned to the group. "So Daniel goes in as distraction. The suit said that dragon scales are bullet proof, meaning we will need something stronger than just blades or standard equipment to take it out. Anything that breathes is my nature a conductor of electricity, so I would be able to weaken it by sending electric pulses through it. After the beast is weakened, someone, perhaps Arcadia, can get close enough to attack weak points. I would assume these to be the wings, eyes, and interior of the beast. Optical can use her power to shield us from any gunfire or other threats, and Mesmer you try and distract the SFPD, something you and Daniel can work in tandem with, ad I assume while he is, heh, "taking fire" Thurmond paused to enjoy his shitty pun, "He could assist you with the explosion. Sound good to everyone?"
    1 person likes this post: Aethelia
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • "I should be able to cut Mr Knox off from the others when we find them," Optical volunteered, "but I've never had a dragon be convexed by them. I do not know how effective that would be. We would need to be quick, regardless."
    "Of course," replied Agent McGrath. "Time is of the essence in this one. As soon as the police realize that something is going on, they will be all over you."
    "Daniel you heard that right? you fuck about I'll put you in line ahah"
    a
    Turning to Arcadia, Daniel decided a putdown would be for the best,
    aa
    "Mmm tin can me will you you're the bad guy not me... don't make me do something you'll regret later" Arcadia looking pissed off "so we done here?" looking in Daniel's direction wanting to hit Daniel and hard... "look you little bastard stop this shit or I'll make you stop..."
    aaa
    Agent McGrath scowled. "Gentlemen, please. If I have to make sure you all are playing nice with each other, I'll consider voiding your contract, which would mean you lose a lot of money. Let's focus here."
    mwahaha
    "Mmm" Arcadia's starts to move away from the others, walking back and forth talking to himself "my work is close to finishing just might mmm yes, yes that might work ahahah ahahah AHAHAH" Arcadia turns back to the group walks back in line "I'm ready when you are"
    Agent Jenkins raised an eyebrow and gave a concerned look toward Arcadia. He gave no expression that he was carefully watching and analyzing the mad swordsman.
    "A-Are you alright? Y-You don't have to go on this mission if you're not, uh, not feeling well. I-I'm sure the, uh, others will b-be okay..."
    DISCO INFERNO
    "Well I don't just create incindiary blasts, I'm also immune to them. So I'm thinking if we can get Kesha or whatever her name is to try and fireblast me, it might give you an opening. Also, the renaissance fair employee is pacing back and forth and laughing maniacally, think you can give him some EST?"
    "Not a bad idea, but remember what I said earlier," McGrath responded. "Keep civilian endangerment to an absolute minimum. You can do whatever to the terrorists and the police, although for the latter try not to make it too much of a massacre. We did warn them, but we don't want this to spiral out of control, and I imagine most of the responders are ignorant of their department's reckless decision. And remember, we need Knox alive: that's what this, all of this, is about."
    "Also, I'm sure he's fine," McGrath said, unconvincingly. "Right, Arcadia?"

"buddies? buddies"
    Thurmond just sighed and stated, "I saw we ignore him until our plan is set. Also that plan is genius" Thurmond raised an eyebrow, whispering so that only Daniel could hear, "I'm beginning to think you are not as much of a drunk as you let on heh heh. This is a good tactic in the world we are facing ja?" Thurmond turned to the group. "So Daniel goes in as distraction. The suit said that dragon scales are bullet proof, meaning we will need something stronger than just blades or standard equipment to take it out. Anything that breathes is my nature a conductor of electricity, so I would be able to weaken it by sending electric pulses through it. After the beast is weakened, someone, perhaps Arcadia, can get close enough to attack weak points. I would assume these to be the wings, eyes, and interior of the beast. Optical can use her power to shield us from any gunfire or other threats, and Mesmer you try and distract the SFPD, something you and Daniel can work in tandem with, ad I assume while he is, heh, "taking fire" Thurmond paused to enjoy his shitty pun, "He could assist you with the explosion. Sound good to everyone?"
    "Excellent plan," said Agent McGrath, "but there's one thing missing. Jenkins, if you would."
    "R-right."
    Jenkins threw three large duffel bags on the main table.
    "Inside these bags are several important pieces of equipment. This bag here has radio headsets with which we will be able to communicate with you from the outside.  It also has an eyepiece that will serve as a HUD that will guide your path finding and your aim while inside the hospital. This bag here has ballistic armor, fitted to each of your sizes. You'll definitely want to be wearing these if the SFPD starts shooting or if the terrorists are armed, regardless of your bulletproofing abilities. This bag over here is chock full of CIA weaponry, which I will let Agent Jenkins explain to you."

Jenkins nodded. "H-here we have several high-power n-needle guns. The d-darts that these f-fire are filled with a sedative that has been carefully c-calibrated to bring down someone of Andrew's height, weight, and a-age. One of them will be s-sufficient for this, uh, purpose, but if you intend on using these darts for a-adult humans I- I would recommend applying t-two or three darts, depending on the s-size of the assailant. Be very c-careful you don't, cause an, uh, an overdose in any of your t-targets or inject your- yourself, however."
    He took out the dart guns and handed them to everyone. "T-there's also tear gas, f-flashbangs, tasers, p-pepper spray, handcuffs, and, uh, and silenced pistols in here. T-take whatever you, uh, you want."

Agent McGrath folded his arms. "Alright, looks like we are just about ready to go. Any questions, ideas, or comments before we truly begin?"
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • "Can we keep the eyepiece and or the armor?" Optical asked immediately. Hopefully it is not harder to maneuver in it.
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 12