Pages: [1] 2 ... 15

Werewolf XXI: The Beginning of the End

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction

• Once upon a time,

There lived a small village near the outskirts of a forest and at the edge of the river.
    The people there were happy, living simple lives and wanting for nothing as nature provided.
    They had parties, and festivals, dancing and drinking until the brink of dawn, enjoying their carefree lives.

But this carefree nature would soon meet its end.

One particularly terrible night, the moon shined down upon the sleeping village.
    On this night, one wandering villager would meet their bloodstained end by claws and teeth.

And the villagers would awaken to hear their screams, signaling the horror that was to come.

Hello and welcome to Werewolf XXI!  In this game, we're going back to the basic roots of Werewolf.  No long detailed story, no convoluted roles or rules, and no tricks, turns, or tweaks in gameplay.  It's Werewolf as you may have first known it, here once again.

For those who are new to Werewolf, I'll explain how this game plays, but I also recommend checking these topics for a good idea of how to play, as well as any of the past games to get a more in depth idea:

Tips and Tricks to Last in Werewolf
    Werewolf Beginner's Guide
    The Unofficial and Important Rules of Werewolf

In Werewolf, it's simply a game of Liars.  In this game, you'll have 3, yes that's right, three werewolves on the run.  They'll do their best to blend in with the villagers, but you must be vigilant and do your best to seek them out.  If the number of Werewolves outnumber or equal the number of remaining villagers, they will win the game (in other words, if the odds are 3 vs 3, 2 vs 2, or 1 vs 1, the werewolves will automatically win).

But fear not! If the villagers successfully lynch all of the werewolves, they win the game!

How is this achieved some of you may ask?  That comes down to the Game Phases:

Day Phase: During each of these phases, you'll discuss and vote as a group as to who you think a Werewolf is.

Example day phase discussion:

Bob: I think Frank is the wolf!
    Sue: Why do you think that?
    Bob: He was really quiet last round, and that makes me suspicious.  On that note, I'll Vote: Lynch Frank
    Frank: Oh come on now, that's totally not fair.  I was quiet because I knew you'd come after me next.  If anything, you're even more suspicious with that flimsy logic.  Vote: Lynch Bob
    Sue: No, Bob makes sense, you're acting really wolfy.  Vote: Lynch Frank
    Kareen: Vote: Lynch Frank

Host at the end of the phase: With 3 votes, Frank has been lynched. He was a Werewolf

Whoever the majority vote is (as shown in the example above) will be the current Lynch target.  You can choose to vote for yourself (with caution that it may cause an unexpected bandwagon against you), or you can choose to vote "No Lynch" for one day phase.  The first Day Phase will last 72 real time hours (3 Days), and every Day Phase after will last 48 real time hours (2 Days).

Night Phase: During each night phase, Villagers will be "asleep" and doing nothing.  Power roles (Defenders, Seer, Werewolves) will be PMing the Game Host (aka me) with their target choices (which have been explained in their role PMs).  Night Phases will last 24 hours (1 Day) or until all power roles have sent in their definitive choice for the night, whichever comes first.

The roles in this game are followed:

The Seer (1): During each night, the Seer can PM the Game Host a player's name.  The host will tell the Seer the role of that player, provided the chosen player isn't a successful Werewolf target.  If the seer has scanned a villager or good role, they will be added to the Seer's Army PM at the Seer's request and can discuss strategies with the Seer for that point onward.  If the seer has scanned a Werewolf, the Seer can use that knowledge as they so choose in the game thread, provided they aren't revealing roles upon their own death.

The Defenders (2): During each night, the Defenders can each choose their own person to protect from a Werewolf attack.  Whether or not they're successful, they cannot protect the same person for 2 consecutive nights, nor can they protect themselves (but they can protect each other).  Both of the Defenders know each other, and will both be revealed to the Seer if the Seer successfully scans one of them.

The Werewolves (3): During each night, the werewolves will decide as a group on who to kill off.  During each day, they'll pose as the good guys and do their best to keep any suspicion off of them.  These are obviously the bad guys that the villagers will want to lynch if they want to win the game.

The Villagers ( 8 ): During each day, the villagers will discuss and vote as a group on who they believe the werewolves are.  During each night, they'll do nothing, waiting in their beds for the terrible night to be over.

And here are the rules:

1) The first Day Phase will be 72 hours.  Each Day Phase afterward will be 48 hours, with each night phase being 24 hours.  Phases will start and end in Pacific Standard Time.  If you need an idea of what time that'd be for you, the example would be that once this topic is posted, it'll be around roughly 5:45 to 6PM Pacific Standard Time.  At the end of each Day Phase, the night phase will immediately start when the results from the Day Phase are posted, the same goes for the Night Phase.

2) When lynched or killed in a Werewolf strike, players will be invited to a PM to spectate the events of the game and talk amongst themselves.  Players are also welcome to say goodbye in the thread once they're killed before moving to the PM.  Dead players are not allowed to hint or make references to any roles they have any knowledge of (IE a dead seer revealing a werewolf).

3) Defenders know each other at the start, and can defend each other.  They cannot defend themselves, nor can they defend the same person for two consecutive nights.  If a seer scans a defender, they get both.

4) The Seer is welcome to share any knowledge they learn so long as they're still alive in the game.  However, because this is a game of liars, a Seer's findings will be seen at face value and as a possible death sentence either at the hands of the mob, or at the werewolves.

5) You will have one chance to vote "No Lynch" in the game, however you are allowed to vote to lynch yourself as much as you choose.  Keep in mind that voting to lynch yourself does not come without risk if it suddenly starts a bandwagon of people choosing to vote for you.  You may also choose to simply not vote to avoid using your "No Lynch" vote, but that can make you look equally suspicious.

6) To vote during each day phase, please bold your choice for the host to see, an example being Vote: Lynch Sapphiron.

7) During each night phase, Power Roles (Defenders, Seer, Werewolves) will send the Game Host a PM with their choices that night.  Werewolves will decide as a group, defenders will choose individually (but can strategize their choices together), and the seer will decide soley (but can consult with any known allies in the PM on who to choose).

8 ) As mentioned in other Werewolf tip/trick topics, it is highly...highly recommended to not edit your posts (the game host being the only exception).  Editing posts can be seen as witholding important information, and thus seen as incredibly suspicious.  So while it isn't against the rules persay, just don't do it.  It's very encouraged to keep your posts as is, regardless of any typos.

And that's the game!  Any questions? Feel free to ask away in here, and the game will begin now, and will begin in the Day Phase, which will end in exactly 3 days (12:30 AM PST on March 3rd). So let's get acquainted and get this show on the road!

Happy Werewolf Hunting!

Day Phase 1 Begins Now
    Phase will end on: March 3rd at 12:30 AM PST

Roles:
    Villagers - 6 Living 2 dead
    Werewolves: 1 Living 2 Dead
    Seer: 1 Living
    Defenders: 1 Living 1 dead

Players:
    @Gerrick
    @Melehan
    @Ruguo
    @Hydra
    @Imaginative Kane
    @Red Mones
    @Aragonn
    @Mathyland
    @Doc
    @taulover
    @Laurentus
    @Wintermoot
    @El Fiji Grande
    @HappySpin
    3 people like this post: Red Mones, Imaginative Kane, taulover
    « Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 05:59:03 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Lol. Did you post this in the main Frostmist Arena subforum again?
    3 people like this post: Imaginative Kane, Red Mones, taulover
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • But of course.  It isn't traditional Pengu hosted Werewolf without me accidentally posting it in the main area.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Melehan
  • Citizen
  • Busy as I am with the Commission stuff and work and life, I'm going to go ahead and start the self-lynch train so I don't forget to vote in the first round. Because that would be embarrassing.

Vote: Lynch Melehan
    Melehan
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • I moved the topic. In other news, I vote: Doc because he's always the wolf. I mean, not in recent games, but you can never be too careful.
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Boxes: All of them
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I suppose I wouldn't be breaking the truce if I just kinda... allow Doc to get lynched, but I'll vote for Ruguo. I really want to see Doc live past day 1 for once.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • It's a risky move, but I like playing with chance. I'll Vote: Ruguo to get Doc out of the running.
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • I moved the topic. In other news, I vote: Doc because he's always the wolf. I mean, not in recent games, but you can never be too careful.
    Betrayed! By a fellow commissioner! My trust is forever broken.

I suppose I wouldn't be breaking the truce if I just kinda... allow Doc to get lynched, but I'll vote for Ruguo. I really want to see Doc live past day 1 for once.
    I'm glad you're finally remembering that I don't remember most details of games.
    However, one foolish error! I always remember when I died, and I've actually survived past day 1 in most of the last few games!
    ...but that's NAI anyway.

It's a risky move, but I like playing with chance. I'll Vote: Ruguo to get Doc out of the running.
    This, on the other hand. Sure, I'm 'in the running' prior to your vote, but it's up to RNG (admittedly, generally working against me) and with 2 other people up on the chopping block. What it sounds like to me instead is direct action being taken against Ruguo, while using Laurentus' explanation and my natural fervor to keep myself alive as some sort of smokescreen.
    Without any ability to know alignment at this juncture (outside of the wolves and defenders, neither of which have any reason to attack each other at this juncture; it's too early for wolves to try to bus someone for credibility), it's also pretty NAI...but I'm suspicious.
    That said, your assessment that I'd like to stay alive is dead right, so I'm not going to act on this suspicion yet.
    To avoid this, breaking my truce with Laurentus, starting a fight with Melehan, or wagoning Ruguo, I have to pick someone who hasn't spoken yet, so I'm working at random.

Diceroll says Vote: Wintermoot.
    1 person likes this post: Imaginative Kane
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
  • Well hello, everyone. >:D
    2 people like this post: Laurentus, Imaginative Kane
    Red Mones
    • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • I suppose I wouldn't be breaking the truce if I just kinda... allow Doc to get lynched, but I'll vote for Ruguo. I really want to see Doc live past day 1 for once.
    Fair enough. Had to do it though. It just wouldn't be right otherwise.

It's a risky move, but I like playing with chance. I'll Vote: Ruguo to get Doc out of the running.
    Morp! Someone had to do it for the memes if Lau and Doc had a truce! Also, what's with the second vote? If Lau already voted me, and votes are almost guaranteed to shift in the next 52ish hours, is a second vote really necessary this early?

Betrayed! By a fellow commissioner! My trust is forever broken.
    I do what I must
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Boxes: All of them
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    HappySpin
  • Former Citizen
  • Hey y'all! I'm new to this community (although not new to the game of Werewolf), so I don't know much of y'all yet. Therefore, gonna myself; Vote: HappySpin
    HappySpin
    • You are the dancing queen, young and sweet
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Makes note of everything that's happened

Welcome to Wintreath, Happy Spin! I hope we don't end up murdering you at some point.  :)
    2 people like this post: Red Mones, Imaginative Kane
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Whoa ho ho, what's with this Laurentus-Aragonn-Doc alliance that immediately sprung up? And why are most of them piling on Ruguo just for voting for Doc? I mean, I get voting for the person that makes the first move, but this sudden fawning over for Doc is just a bit over the top for the first round. He could be a werewolf just the same as anybody else, you know. Dare I say...conspiracy! ;) :P

And diceroll my ass goes full conspiracy theory. :P

Vote: Doc
    3 people like this post: Red Mones, Michi, Imaginative Kane

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • Whoa ho ho, what's with this Laurentus-Aragonn-Doc alliance that immediately sprung up?
    1) Lau actually brought it up in the signup thread, it's not sudden at all
    2) I've expressed my suspicions about Aragonn, but I also like being alive which is why I'm not acting on them because to act on them would prompt him to shift his vote to me and guarantee my demise.
    And diceroll my ass goes full conspiracy theory. :P

Vote: Doc
    If it was a conspiracy, wouldn't I have just...also voted Ruguo?
    And it was a diceroll! It was a 7 on a d10, you were 7th on the list of players excluding those who had already posted and myself (out of 9; a 10 would have been 'reroll').
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Yeah, Doc and I declared a truce before the game even began. I am somewhat surprised that Aragonn jumped on the Ruguo wagon, but I'm not sure if it's just early game bussing to evoke a reaction to be tested or what.

And certainly, Doc could be a Wolf, but the last time we went to war, it didn't go so well for town, so I'm steering well clear of that until round 3.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2 ... 15