Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 15

Empowered Sign-ups/OOC

Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • I figured running into Firebrand meant I escaped but ok

Shit, I forgot about that. Drogo's post made me think you were still in the game. Want me to edit?
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur

Shit, I forgot about that. Drogo's post made me think you were still in the game. Want me to edit?
    Sure. I was hoping to post about Daniel encountering some more police trying to get in and blowing the whole room up while jumping out the window and breaking his leg.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot

Sure. I was hoping to post about Daniel encountering some more police trying to get in and blowing the whole room up while jumping out the window and breaking his leg.
    Will do. Sorry again.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen

Will do. Sorry again.
    It's fine, basically the same end result. I just didn't want Firebrand's one post to get thrown out narrative wise.
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • > Makes a character that has a superpower that makes everyone unaware of their presence
    > "Hey why is nobody-"
    On tumblr at opabinia-regalis.tumblr.com

Good night, ladies, good night, sweet ladies, good night, good night.
    Violet
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • > Makes a character that has a superpower that makes everyone unaware of their presence
    > "Hey why is nobody-"
    Headcanon (which is now actual  canon because I'm the GM and can do whatever I want): Andrew has recurring nightmares about Mr. Hayashi, and has been having them for quite a while now.
    2 people like this post: Elbbsas, Violet
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • 3000,000 volts is a standard tazer voltage, its not that high, also the arrow is a light and blunt, NO where near fatal
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • Sandra has a heart condition -- confirmed. =P

Edit to add: Also you said the arrow was *in* her stomach, which implied injury.
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:20:10 AM by Elbbsas »
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen

Edit to add: Also you said the arrow was *in* her stomach, which implied injury.
    Have you ever heard of read in fights when "A punch landed in ____'s stomach"? it implies impact and several times I stated the arrow was blunt. due to the increased weight and surface area creating more drag, the arrow would be going slower, and the impact would be similar to being hit in the stomach with a tennis ball, thrown on the lower scale of fast. It would hurt, yes, but not THAT much
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen

Have you ever heard of read in fights when "A punch landed in ____'s stomach"? it implies impact and several times I stated the arrow was blunt. due to the increased weight and surface area creating more drag, the arrow would be going slower, and the impact would be similar to being hit in the stomach with a tennis ball, thrown on the lower scale of fast. It would hurt, yes, but not THAT much
    Every time I read a statement like that, my initial response is always: "wait wha-- oh right, it's a figure of speech becauses fists can't punch their way through flesh." Arrows can, so I didn't double check my initial assumption, which I shall do now.

*Goes back through the IC posts.*
    Thurmond was cursing at the shots when he noticed Optical running up towards him. After she asked her question he simply responded, "Well, I was waiting for Daniel, but he seems to be taking his dear sweet time. We need to get this rifle wielder taken out before we can try and handle the Dragon though." He crackled with electricity and pulled out his bow, and knocked a round ball-shaped arrowhead that appeared to be made out of a light metal. "I could take her out with an electrified arrow but I will need a second and a clear shot. Thing you can provide this my friend?"
    Oh. That was a massive reading comprehension error on my part.
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • I never really assumed she'd been shot lethally, since that seemed a bit much. I didn't assume Thurmond was a psycho, although given my reread, he probably is since he committed a massacre of some kind? Admittedly it was a Subject Zero massacre, which gets a bit of a pass, but still.
    Anyway, for my part, I was really just kind of pointing out that it really wouldn't have all that much of an effect, since para-aramids are nonconductive, and even if the arrowhead had been pointed, it's unlikely to have been able to puncture it.
    On the other hand, I suppose this is some kind of magical gluey compound (real talk: I really just stole combined the GLOO gun and Spiderman's webshooters), it might well be able to conduct electricity after all. Who knows with alien space magic!?
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • 3000,000 volts is a standard tazer voltage, its not that high, also the arrow is a light and blunt, NO where near fatal
    My bad. I always assumed tasers operated in the ~20k bolt range, making your arrow akin to a small lightning strike. Want me to edit things?
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
    > "Hey why is nobody-"
    Headcanon (which is now actual  canon because I'm the GM and can do whatever I want): Andrew has recurring nightmares about Mr. Hayashi, and has been having them for quite a while now.
    I've been planning to RP Mr. Hayashi manipulating people's dreams for some time now. I'm happy that I got a taker.

Mr. Hayashi is supposed to be able to tell other characters of the RP secrets, since he observes every major event. So I've been trying to wait for the right time.
    On tumblr at opabinia-regalis.tumblr.com

Good night, ladies, good night, sweet ladies, good night, good night.
    Violet
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Does it miss or does it hit? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!
    1 person likes this post: Aethelia
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Andrew single-handedly defending himself against half a dozen supers like
    Ashton Mercer