• Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • If it were not transparent, then nobody would even be aware of the appointments...since everyone else knows of the appointments, we must come to the conclusion that it was transparent. Again, a forum announcement won't say anything new, so it's illogical to demand one. It's also illogical to state that these appointments were made 'under the table', when they were no more over or under the table as any other appointment ever made.

If you want to bring up transparency, accountability, and reasonable timeframes, whatever happened to that national RP you promised the region ten months ago?

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • If it were not transparent, then nobody would even be aware of the appointments...since everyone else knows of the appointments, we must come to the conclusion that it was transparent. Again, a forum announcement won't say anything new, so it's illogical to demand one. It's also illogical to state that these appointments were made 'under the table', when they were no more over or under the table as any other appointment ever made.

If you want to bring up transparency, accountability, and reasonable timeframes, whatever happened to that national RP you promised the region ten months ago?
    If you claimed transparency,  then an announcement should have been made that explains why he was appointed and when, and in Denth's case, explaining the same thing and showing when he was approved to rejoin the WHR and why he was promoted.

My being grateful for being here (as I have said on this forum and elsewhere I believe) does not mean I blindly follow any executive leader.

Instead of passively - aggressively attacking me for criticising you, maybe you should take the criticism to heart and address the concerns in a legitimate and civil manner. 

This isn't about me, this is about you Wintermoot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • Moving on....

Looks like my roommate might have to stay longer.  His car just got totalled :(
    Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Stark
  • Former Citizen
  • "Thank you, Wintermoot, for giving me a fair chance to be a part a major region when I'm banned everywhere else. Thank you for standing by my right to be here when people have said I'm the reason they decided not to join or to leave. Thank you for standing up to one of your best friends at the time, Alterra, when he petitioned to have me removed from the region...and for doing the same when Chanku, someone else you adore, did the same thing a few months later. Thank you for intervening many times I was temp-banned, even when doing so pissed off your friends and made trouble for you. Thank you for defending me in other channels when I was brought up and people insisted that I was a cyber-stalker/sexual harasser/threat to women in the region. Thank you for intervening when people would come to #wintreath to troll me and get a laugh out of my reaction. Thank you for agreeing to give me a chance to work with another region as a military liaison, even though I totally blew it and made the guy that advocated for me to you regret it. Thank you for insisting that I be allowed in defender op channels when other defender channels have banned me. Thank you for taking the time to create a ministry/policy to handle disputes in the region, seeing as I'm the only person that's ever needed either..."

Nope. Never heard any of that, just complaining. Some causes are truly thankless.
    Hear hear Moot!

Gov's recent actions have me feeling sorry I could have been the difference maker in the special election. My neck hurts from shaking my head so much.

On a side note, I matched with the first transphobe I've ever run into on Tinder tonight, been having a great laugh at his narrow mindedness all night. I'll probably post some screen shots of it later.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in transparency.   Just because Wintermoot is our king doesn't mean we don't have a right to transparency and accountability.   I expected you to understand better.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    Please, Govindia, explain how you feel transparency is deserved? You choose to live in this monarchy do you not? This is not a democracy. Choosing to live in a monarchy, which gives no guarantee of such transparency, and expecting it, is ludicrous. NS is not real life, and this isn't virtual America, thank whatever deity you happen to believe in.

In a recent decree on releasing cabinet discussions, Wintermoot himself said transparency is needed.

I am not talking about this individual case, but because we live in a monarchy transparency is even more important, as I believe Wintermoot has said.
    1 person likes this post: Govindia
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:54:10 PM by Stark »
    Stark
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Seroim
  • Former Citizen
  • I don't know what's happening here but it looks fun.

---

I have one thing to say though. What is it with girls and the fucking "college experience"?

Girls of my generation are so deathly scared to commit it's not even fucking funny.

Will I have to wait until I'm 30 to get what I want? I get no fun whatsoever out of the "college experience". It's a waste of time. Where are the others with my mindset? Are they hiding or something?

I'm starting to be really goddamn tired of giving all I've got to something, not out of the blue but out of a reciprocal commitment, only to have it blow up in my face because she wants to "look elsewhere", or because she can't make time for me, or whatever else fucking reason. If you don't want to commit then don't, but don't waste my time by committing then backing out because that's not what you want anymore or because you're not able to give it anymore. Be 100% sure you're ready for it then do it. Be 100% mindful that commitment does mean that you give up a part of your liberty and be prepared to make that sacrifice. Also be 100% sure that's something you're even able to do. If you don't love me then fine, that I can understand, but leaving just for the sake of leaving? Are they all high?

I mean no knocks on people who do enjoy that "college experience", at least they clearly are not committing to anything.

But fine, I'm just gonna look elsewhere. Not now because obviously I have to heal, but I will. I'm gonna do everyone a service and take my time alone to lick my wounds instead of jumping on the rebound. I just have this nagging feeling that no matter how hard I look I won't find what I'm looking for anyway. I mean maybe if I were to troll churches or something but there's only one thing I hate more than fickleness, and it's the stereotypical religious person. I'm feeling like my case is doomed and I'll never have the life I've dreamed of since I was just a tiny grasshopper, that "happily ever after" BS, you know? That one life where I'll have the stability I desire instead of having to jump from train wreck to train wreck ad vitam aeternam. Given the freaking divorce rates, I suppose even marriage is devoid of meaning now and isn't a sign of anything.

I'm feeling like the only thing I'll ever get what I want out of is my hand. It's attached to me and it has no choice. It never whines about being attached.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:50:41 PM by Seroim »
    Seroim
    • The Court Derpster
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Here's my input to the debate about transparency etc, mainly pointed at Gov;

When I joined the region, I had a lot of clashes with Wintermoot and others about how this place is run, especially after getting elected to the Underhusen. I pretty much felt the same way you do now, from what I can tell - that as citizens with representation you have the right to demand and question.

The truth is you do, but not entirely. Mootles is the Monarch, and in the context of NS that extends far further than it does in real life. He set everything up, he runs everything, he is invested in pretty much every aspect of the region. Sure this might be seen as a bad thing, but he's never once demonstrated anything other than sound, reasoned thinking in how he does things, and what your right to demand and question extends to is help inform him of how the region feels.

Ministers are obviously risen members of the citizenry as well, playing a big role in how things are done. But when it comes down to it it's Mootles making the call. And fuck, it actually works pretty damn well.

I'm pretty high so this might not make much sense :)
    2 people like this post: Jone, Govindia
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Amalya
  • Paragons
  • Countess of Bain
  • Well, don't I feel honoured! My first two negative karma ever in Wintreath and they came from the one and only Govindia. It truly is a great time to be alive.

In all seriousness, no hard feelings about it Gov, I'm just bitter about a lot of not NS related things today.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:33:32 PM by Amalya »
    Amalya
    • Countess of Bain
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I'm pretty high so this might not make much sense :)
    Well, your highness (see what I did there? :P) should revive his nation and reapply for Citizenship!

As I have already told Gov, there will be an announcement regarding all the changes in the Cabinet once the Cabinet review is complete. That may not be an answer he's happy with, but it's the answer nonetheless. That's all I have to say, I'm not going to be a party to dragging this out any longer.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Vinaza
  • Former Citizen
  • Eldritch Emperor
  • On a side note, I matched with the first transphobe I've ever run into on Tinder tonight, been having a great laugh at his narrow mindedness all night. I'll probably post some screen shots of it later.

Transparency aside, transphobes are super-icky and gross and, for what it's worth, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Trans people go through enough within themselves without having to dwell on what everyone else thinks of them.

You are whatever gender that you choose to identify as (or not); everyone else can take their opinions on your body and your choices and eat an entire buffet of ass.

people are trash and i'm mad for you augh
    Vinaza/Papa Jet | Sampetrius | They pronouns | #witchsquad
    Vinaza
    • Eldritch Emperor
    • proletariat prince
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Amalya
  • Paragons
  • Countess of Bain
  • On a side note, I matched with the first transphobe I've ever run into on Tinder tonight, been having a great laugh at his narrow mindedness all night. I'll probably post some screen shots of it later.

Transparency aside, transphobes are super-icky and gross and, for what it's worth, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Trans people go through enough within themselves without having to dwell on what everyone else thinks of them.

You are whatever gender that you choose to identify as (or not); everyone else can take their opinions on your body and your choices and eat an entire buffet of ass.

people are trash and i'm mad for you augh
    I'm really very comfortable with who I am, it takes a lot to get me frazzled. Mainly because I know people out there, like you, love me.
    Amalya
    • Countess of Bain
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Vinaza
  • Former Citizen
  • Eldritch Emperor
  • Yes, good. Papa Vinaza takes no guff.
    Vinaza/Papa Jet | Sampetrius | They pronouns | #witchsquad
    Vinaza
    • Eldritch Emperor
    • proletariat prince
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Jolly Roger Bay 10 Hours - Super Mario 64

I listen to this, and I'm transported back in time...it's summer 2005. I'm 19 and I'm at a number of crossroads. I've just finished my first year of college and was starting my first experience staffing a game server, for a game I had played since the previous fall. I'm still trying to get over my second boyfriend, who had decided that he was straight but at this point hadn't closed the door on renewing our relationship...he was out for the weekend, visiting grandparents I think, and I'm trying to distract myself from missing him...playing Mario Tetris 3, and that's where I first heard this song. I paused the game and let it play for hours, because it felt so calming and relaxing.

It's interesting to think back and notice how much has changed. I don't have any of the same friends now, including him...I tried to tell him just being friends wouldn't work out. It's so hard to just be friends with someone after you've had so much more with them, especially when you're still in love with them. He thought I would eventually get over everything, but years later I never did and at some point we agreed it was best to go our separate ways. As I had always said it'd come to...and it was for the better.

But those times...I dunno, things felt more dynamic back then. Every interaction felt new and there seemed to be so much to explore...have I settled down? I was never the most adventurous person ever, but...it feels like I've settled down in more ways than one. What I need are...new experiences, I think. I need to find things I've never done before and then do them with fun people...not as the person in charge, but as just...one of many involved with it, equal to everyone else. The fun without the responsibility...hmm.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Jone
  • Former Citizen
  • Today is the day.
    Check out my Interview!
    Jone
    • Master of Seductive Eccentricity
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Seroim
  • Former Citizen
  • Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I really have to ask : is it true that homosexuals have anal sex at about the same frequency as heterosexuals? As in, most just suck off each other or do other things?

@moot : that song is ultra comfy. I was 9 or 10 when I heard it for the first time. The level itself is shit, however.
    Seroim
    • The Court Derpster
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 146 [147] 148 ... 589