Pages: 1 [2]

History of Wintreath

Optimissimus
  • Former Citizen
  • This is a great idea, and I think keeping records of these things is vital. I know very little about the history of Wintreath as I think it was last week that I joined this region, but if there is any way I can help out, I'd be happy to.
    Hi. I don't have a sig.
    Optimissimus
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Any official word on this, Mootles?
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • It's been an exceptionally busy week, and I haven't had much chance to do more than the absolute necessary stuff in the region...I'll get to it as soon as possible...

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I haven't forgotten about this. :P

I'm just not sure how to write about the creation of this region in an impartial manner...how to convey that I resigned from the top position in another region and renounced my Citizenship in the only region I'd ever been a part of because that region's Delegate had spent the previous week claiming he was going to leave the region at some point in the future because of me, attacking my honour and character, portraying me as a bully and distorting things that happened to make it appear that way. Noting that I tried time and time again to resolve the issue that he supposedly had, pointing out correctly that nobody was the saint in this, only to be ignored or heaped on. I particularly loved the part where after "resigning" he was given six days to withdraw his resignations, while I was demasked within an hour of my own resignation. And how do I impartially note that as far as I'm aware, he was never as much as censured for pulling this shit? That he intentionally wasn't named in any official release regarding my departure for his "protection".

I think you guys can see how I may have issues writing a bland, impartial history on that like you'd see in a history textbook. :P In fairness, the creation of this region wasn't a bland affair, at least not for me. There was a lot of emotion...sadness and anger over what happened, also, but also nervousness about starting a new region. There was a time when we only had 12 nations, and 3 or 4 of them were mine. There was no guarantee that Wintreath would work out at all, much less work out in such a short amount of time. If Wintreath had failed, I honestly don't now if I'd still be in NS, so I had a lot personally at stake in this.

After creation, our first month was probably focused on growth. Wintreath was founded 10/17 and we started recruiting on 10/26. I think it first became apparent that we could be a success during the Halloween zombie apocalypse event, where we cured all our infected, left our borders opened, and went from 56 to 99 nations in three days. I would say our second month that just ended was focused on government building...we've had our Constitutional Convention, the Hvitt Riddaral really became organized and started operations, and Charax really got our FA department going. Oh yeah, and treaty with Lazarus, which is our first-ever treaty. Let's not forget we got our legislature in place and our first-ever elections. I think with Butterspring's Wintropolis RP this was also the first month we started having some unique regional culture.

Into month three and we've already had our first response to a foreign crisis, the coup in Osiris. We're also ratifying our Constitution and refocusing on improvements to this website...who knows what else our third month will bring?

This isn't really a document, just some notes on our history. The portions I'm able to be more impartial about. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • Well Wintermoot, I'd say write a history thing, on the history of Wintreath, and then later someone else could write it in an impartial way. Not only that, but the winners always write the history. So history books are not as impartial as some would think. Besides if you work on a history book, we have a first hand account of what happened, then someone else, could re-write the non-impartial parts of it to be more impartial.
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Yuri Dolgorukiy
  • Former Citizen
  • Well, one could start at the process of founding Wintreath and forget about the past region you were in. By starting with making this region, you wouldn't really need to delve into your past. You're looking to share this regions history, not your own (not meaning to belittle or diminish what happened), so sticking to just events from the founding to today should be included.

Grand Prince Yuri Dolgorukiy of Pereslavl-Zalessky
    Yuri Dolgorukiy
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • Well, one could start at the process of founding Wintreath and forget about the past region you were in. By starting with making this region, you wouldn't really need to delve into your past. You're looking to share this regions history, not your own (not meaning to belittle or diminish what happened), so sticking to just events from the founding to today should be included.
    In, my opinion the events that occurred outside of the region is rather important, as without it, we wouldn't be here. It's like not talking about the events that led up to the American revolution, and having US history begin with the American Revolution, which it didn't. So It's kinda needed to have that part of the history
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:58:42 AM by Chanku »
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Dawsinian
  • Former Citizen
    Agreeing with Chanku, here. The Events in Spiritus are incredibly important to why this region was founded. You don't just leave that out.
    Dawsinian
    Dawsinian
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Agreed with Chanku and Denth. A proper understanding of the events that led to Wintreath is necessary. I'm just not sure I'm the right person to narrate those events. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Depends on the style you're going for... Is this going to be an entirely factual recount of events or more of a user's guide to how the region came about?
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2]