Pages: [1]

Diplomacy and Trading (Semi IC)

Peon #447
  • Former Citizen
  • So my nation has recently started reaching out to others. We're a small nation with a capitol city of about 600,000 people. Our navy is small, a little outdated, but in the middle of a modernization process. It's really more of a Coast Guard. I'm sure you've all heard about our many wooden ships that we use for everything from fishing and shipping to patrolling the rivers.

I see this topic as a place where we can build our factbooks through trade agreements and perhaps mutual defense arrangements.

For example, I've added a lot of culture to my nation through two big negotiations. One nation we are working closely with is Oceanisam. We're hoping to help them find and engineer a suitable island in the icy waters of our region. Our engineers, have experience in this icy habitat (as I assume we were always in the region, just not independent) and have offered to help them build structures.. We have the lumber and materials.

Maybe we would be interested in their hydroponics systems. It ties into the second nation we established relations with last night. They are sending us a small number of airships (and blueprints so we can start a construction program) that run on biofuel derived from plant matter. With the wintry conditions, improvements to our greenhouses are seen as a national priority. We also pride ourselves as a people who are connected to the environment, which is part of the reason most of our ships are wooden and powered by man. The airships, as a means of inter-city transportation, fit into this plan... As opposed to airplanes. Plus we would save money by not building airports which we have figured would be more expensive than airship docks.

We are currently working on a rail line as well, perhaps some nation would like to provide experienced engineers to help us get through some of the more tricky mountain areas.

I hope many nations will join in this topic, trade aid, flesh out the details of their alliances and just have fun working on the culture of their nations. Consider this our office of diplomacy.
    2 people like this post: cafaling, Weissreich
    Vang De la Mancha!
    Peon #447
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • I approve wholeheartedly!

My nation would be interested in sharing various aeronautical propulsion methods along with a trade agreement for Hammerfell Rail Industries produce that I'm sure would be beneficial to your transport developments.

In return, I'd be happy to see what you have to offer :)
    1 person likes this post: Peon #447
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Peon #447
  • Former Citizen
  • Excellent! We are glad to be working on matters of such importance to our people with you. Transportation is one of our most important sectors right now, as I believe it's something that people deserve for their tax dollars.

We would be enthused to study your aeronautical propulsion systems and are sure they can be used to help us work out stronger variants of our inter-city airship fleet. Right now, we just have a few prototypes that traverse the skies above our wintry nation.

As far as rail, we have been looking for a company to secure a contract with. Since you are also in this region, we assume your nation will have the ability and experience to carry on through our toughest, most mountainous regions. With your cooperation, an intercontinental rail system should become a reality.

As far as our exports, we have long touted our superior lumber. It is artisan quality and can be used for everything from seafaring ships, fine homes, and even some of the best paper in the region. In addition to that I have news of a new export! Luxury automobiles! I'll paste the link to the storefront, as well as open a regional office in this thread (pasting the code). The first model for export is a luxury sports sedan, AWD.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=297549
    Feel free to place orders for your government or for shipment into your country.

And when we acquired the airship contract, it came with engineers and botanists. We have the blueprints for said airship as well as a biofuel derived from plant matter. Feel free to inquire within for development of airships or biofuel.
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 11:46:05 PM by Vangaziland »
    Vang De la Mancha!
    Peon #447
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Peon #447
  • Former Citizen
  • Endorsed by Prince Fritjof, of House Vang
    Vannish Motors is a relatively new automobile company started in the wintry mountains of the Vannish Empire. The current flagship is a luxury sedan known as the VM Roland (pronounced Ro-lahnd). A supercar is also in development and will be released to the world very soon. Allow the fine artisans at Vannish Motors to furnish your government with the sporty luxury it deserves. Units are also available for shipping to your markets for free trade in your economies.

Here are pictures of the 2015 VM Roland and a list of colors.

Colors
    (in the order of the picture above)
    Army Green
    Black
    Plum
    Dark Burgundy
    Ocean Mist (Two-Tone)
    Darkberry Blue
    Midnight Delight (Two Tone)
    Evergreen

Stats
    Unit Price: $70,000 (base)
    Engine: 4.3L turbocharged V8
    Power: 454 hp @ 5,500 rpm; 470 ft lb of torque @ 2,000 rpm
    Transmission: 6-speed manual
                          8-speed ZF 8HP automatic
    Wheelbase: 112.4 in (2,855 mm)
    Length: 192.7 in (4,895 mm)
    Width: 74.6 in (1,895 mm)
    Height: 53.7 in (1,364 mm)

Performance
    MPG: 20 city/26 highway
    0-60: 4.8 seconds
    1/4 Mile: 12.8 seconds
    Top Speed: 165mph (limited)
    Lateral Grip: .89g

The 2015 VM Roland comes standard with leather upholstery, a navigation system with a 10.2-inch display, voice command functionality and 20 GB of storage space, heated front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, dynamic cruise control, a rear-view camera, a nine-speaker, 205-watt AM/FM/CD stereo system with HD radio and a USB input, a proximity key, xenon headlights, LED fog-lights and 18-inch alloy wheels.

[size=150]Ordering[/size]
    Unit Number:
    Cost (All National Delegations may pay base cost for fully loaded models):
    Armored versions (Increase cost by 10,000 and lower performance) Yes/No:
    Additional Information:

The storefront is designed to be as simple as possible. Feel free to order vehicles for your government and diplomats, or place large orders to be imported into your nation. If you are placing a large order for import, expect the price to be significantly less. We can negotiate based on the number requested. Do the math at $70,000 first and then feel free to make us an offer.
    Vang De la Mancha!
    Peon #447
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • My nation is a centre right version of the EU.  South Nivogal is the more democratic of the two nations, my other being the more Stalinist North Nivogal.  The South is allied to my main nation, Govindia, under the Federated Alliance of Republics and Kingdoms (FARK)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    Peon #447
  • Former Citizen
  • That's interesting, Gov!

Edit: We have now begun licensing and exporting the MOWAG family of vehicles. Stop by my thread please and support the cause.
    http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=297676
    1 person likes this post: Govindia
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:23:46 PM by Vangaziland »
    Vang De la Mancha!
    Peon #447
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Peon #447
  • Former Citizen
  • So it looks like 'Vangaziland' has set up a trading triangle with 'Mirevia' and 'Aotearoa & Zealandia'. It is estimated to be billions of dollars worth of business. Amenities exchanged include lumber, automobiles, coal, steel, cotton and tourism. Shipping lanes have been opened. Airline routes and hubs are being worked out.

I was up until 2:30AM last night flushing out the details. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say we'd like to turn this triangle into a diamond... Or some other mufti-faceted shape... lol
    Vang De la Mancha!
    Peon #447
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Stark
  • Former Citizen
  • The First Lord Jagen, Leader of the Kingdom of Starkham, is considering, with his council of Lords, entering trade negotiations with your state.
    Stark
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Peon #447
  • Former Citizen
  • Emperor Helios of Vangaziland thinks it would be an honor and a privilege to work with such an established country in the region. His nation would offer the best rates on goods and services as well as some of the best natural resources in he area. Vangaziland is quickly earning its role as a regional trading hub.
    Vang De la Mancha!
    Peon #447
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Aotearoa and Zealandia
  • Former Citizen
  • Good day!

We are The Freeland of Aotearoa and Zealandia and we are interested in forming trade relations with more of our region mates :)

As we are located in the southern hemisphere, our nation offers a variety of Meat and Dairy products such as lamb meat, beef and venison. Dairy products range from different kinds of cheese, milk and Butter.

Our flocks of sheep are sheared for raw wool material that can be produced into warm winter wear for north hemisphere based nations.

Valleys provide us with fresh apples from orchards, kiwi fruits and lovely wine from vineyards.

We have a small yet developing mining industry that can help you with your supply of iron, steel and aluminium.

Chocolate products and fresh fish are also available.

We hope we can hold business with one another in the future. Feel free to send us a telegram if you are interested :)

We currently lack skilled engineers who can help us with our developing military forces. We are also in need of furniture, oil, machinery, ships (cargo) and aeroplanes (passenger and freight).
    Aotearoa and Zealandia
    • Wandering Kiwi from the Philippines
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • Weissreich as a nation is heavily industrialised wthin the urban areas but largely remains rural and untouched outside of the big cities. As such, we've got a lot of opportunities for mining and lumber-work - our steel manufacturing process is one of the most efficient in the region, and the quality of our exports is assured.

However, due to the climate being less than suited for livestock, we'd be willing to discuss trade agreements to bring in large amounts of raw food-source material: sheep, cows, pigs et cetera. The details of this deal can be worked out in the relevant places, but as Lord Executive of Weissreich, I feel it vital to note we don't want these to come in to be reared and managed in the country - we hope to work out an arrangement wherein they come in to be humanitarianly slaughtered for food.

In return? Our military is well equipped with high-quality weaponry, transport and communications systems. Our tacticians and strategists have a wealth of experience both in urban warfare settings and open combat scenarios. In addition to this, our navy has recently undergone serious reworking to bring it up to speed, meaning we have a lot of retired ships available for cargo conversions.

If you're interested, let me know on here and I'll arrange a Chancellery meeting to discuss what we can and can't afford to commit to trade relations right now, and contact you over at the thread on NS.
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation