Pages: [1]

WRSPN

Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • Flag Designer; Pop Culture Connoisseur
  • Hey, everyone!
    So, I was thinking, what if we had a newsletter to fully flesh out all the great lore that will soon be generated by the WRSL? However, I neither I nor Svip has the time to write a whole newsletter every week, so I decided to get the community involved. Leave your In-Character articles down below, in a spoiler thread for a chance to get included in the Wintreath Regional Sports Performance Newsletter/Network. Once we have at least three articles, the newsletter will be published

Edit: please also put the date you publish the article
    2 people like this post: TGN, Svipjoth
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 06:16:10 PM by Kiddian »
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • Koranzian Ejection From WWC
    Recently, new information was uncovered regarding Koranz. This information pertains to diplomatic conflict between Koranz and several Wintrean nations, most notably the Stigyan Triumvirate, the hosts of the second WWC. Pressure from Stigyans and the fact that Koranz currently resides outside the region has led to the WRSL committee to make the tough decision to ban Koranz from the Wintreath World Cup. However, their slot will be taken by Holy Spire, who joined mostly due to their rivalry with the New Narag Empire
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Gausburg
  • Former Citizen
  • “It me”
  • The creation of the WF1L
    The first Wintreath racing league has been opened Due to the many requests by the public. We encourage you to prepare for the season starting soon, it will require not only driver skill, but also research of technology to push the cars to their limit
    • “It me”
    Gausburg
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • Group Report
    So as the group stage draws to a close, it’s time we break the groups down a see what could happen in the next batch of matches.
    Group A: The first place spot is really anyone’s game, with a little gap back to third place. TST is on the bubble, but with a win and a loss from LOM and/or JOS, they could easily qualify for the next round. Plus, with rumors of Joslisonoria being removed because of a security threat, they could advance without having to lift a finger
    Group B: This group features two teams that are pretty much fixed in their current positions. GRG is undefeated so far, but could that be beginners luck? As for Svipjoth, this was a big disappointment coming of a bronze medal in the Womens tournament last WWC. However, a civil war back home along with a hastily put together coed team might be tipping the scales the wrong way. As for Icebergia and Kiddian States, all IBG has to do is not lose the next game, and they’re on to the final tournament
    Group C: This is either the group of excellent defenses or incompetent offenses. Either way, Lusgastan seeming has this one in the bag because of their relatively dominant victory over Uniopolis. The second qualifying spot is really anyone’s game
    Group D: This group is in a surprisingly similar situation to Group A. Thuragin is in the hole, but qualification isn’t that far of a reach for Samrif
    Well, we’ll see what happens. One things for certain, though. This should be interesting.
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • The first volume of WRSPN has dropped:
    https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1744738
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • TGN Does Practically Nothing (And Still Gets Fourth)
    In order to properly illustrate this story, it’s important that we bring up one stat: despite The Greenlandic North only scoring two goals all tournament, they finished 4th place. They got lucky in the group stage that they were in arguably the worst group. I mean, if a team could move on to the main tournament despite not scoring a single goal, how good could the group be? Thuragin and Svipjoth wish they got that lucky. Anyways, after miraculously moving on, they scored their only two goals of the tournament against fellow WARPP member, Greater Gausburg. Unfortunately, they then lost to another WARPP member, NNE. Then in the bronze match, they were unable to pull a svipjoth and deny LOM even a bronze medal. So, that’s the weird story of TGN’s performance.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 03:07:56 PM by Kiddian »
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • Lusgastan Wins the WWC II
    Well, it looks like Lusgastan has won the second Wintreath World Cup. Personally, I was very surprised by this, as were many of my colleagues at WRSPN. LUS was considered a dark horse candidate. Their victory over Icebergia was expecting, but could’ve gone either way. As for their semifinal victory, who knows if that was skill or luck that LOM does so bad under pressure. One thing’s for certain, though, and it’s that their victory over NNE was definitely skill. Seriously, though, congratulations to Lusgastan and Jhon Jhonson. He had a big effect during the tournament as a whole as well as being instrumental in holding NNE to a shutout.
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • Big WRSL Leak
    Today, a WRSL insider who chooses to remain anonymous has leaked when the next Wintreath World Cup will be held. According to the insider:
    “We’re currently looking at a November or December event date, but the specific dates are still in the works.”
    Well, no matter when it happens, we here at WRSPN can’t wait
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • Two New Leagues Starting Soon (8/21/22)
    As of August 21st, two new non-WRSL events will be taking place soon. The first, announced about a week or two ago is the Wintreath Formula 1 League, and although it has no official start date, several racers have signed up already.
    The second event is Wintreath Gladiator Fighting, a tournament that comes with the moral dubiousness that we expect from its Dashikin creators. Still, though, it should be exciting, despite its brutality.
    1 person likes this post: Waggleton
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 08:45:45 PM by Kiddian »
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • WRSL Chair Reveals WWC III Timeline (10/5/22)
    In a press conference today, WRSL Chairman Achille Sutherland revealed the timeline for the 3rd Wintreath World Cup. Host city applications would be available on either the 5th or 6th, with the host city being determined 3 days later. Then, sometime towards the end of October, the tournament would start.
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation
    Kiddian
  • Citizen
  • WWC III Host City Chosen (10/11)
    The WRSL planning committee has reviewed the applications and have chosen Fort Narag, New Narag Empire to host the 3rd installment of the WWC. Insiders say this was a controversial pick, but those on the committee feel confident in it. Regardless, the Naragians are looking to repeat their silver in the last tournament.
    Kiddian
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Straight (I think)
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]