Pages: [1]

Heartstopper

Neville
  • Citizen
  • Blorpy 4312
  • Has anyone seen the Netflix adaption of Alice Oseman's Heartstopper visual novel series? 

Growing up in a religious school with no LGBT* orientated education at all done a fairly big number on me all those years ago, and watching this series was basically chicken soup for the soul. It feels like we're finally seeing media which will prevent the next generation from being emotionally repressed while growing up, and during a guild film night I was able to stream my Netflix so friends in the US could watch it too. We ended up watching the entire first series in one sitting, and at the end of it all (my second watch), it wasn't just my queer heart that was full of joy and bursting.

For those who aren't familiar with her works, see here: https://aliceoseman.com
    2 people like this post: taulover, Gerrick
    The above content should not be taken as an endorsement of any specific item, concept or belief nor the opinion of any third party governments, empires or egomaniacs. Unless it is, upon which case we strongly disagree with that assertion and state the original notice that is to say we do not speak for anyone other than ourselves. We are akin to the tree that owns itself, only that we could be cut down if someone else wanted to because we're human with a penalty to axe damage resistance.
    Neville
    • Blorpy 4312
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Kitchen Cupboard with the PANS
      Wintreath Nation
    Mateo406
  • Former Citizen
  • Grand Imperial Cutie Pie, First Emo Prefect, Skater in Chief
  • It was a pretty cute series. There's also a few others out there. And yeah, I know the religious school crap as well, it socks.

PS squall kicks ass
    2 people like this post: taulover, Neville
    Mateo406
    • Some Were Born to Eternal Night
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Gay
      Wintreath Nation
    Neville
  • Citizen
  • Blorpy 4312
  • It was a pretty cute series. There's also a few others out there. And yeah, I know the religious school crap as well, it socks.

PS squall kicks ass
    Aha, a man of culture and refined taste I see! 

Have you got any recommendations for similar shows/books? I try to read/watch as many as I can just for the happiness they give me. I'm a sucker for happy endings haha
    The above content should not be taken as an endorsement of any specific item, concept or belief nor the opinion of any third party governments, empires or egomaniacs. Unless it is, upon which case we strongly disagree with that assertion and state the original notice that is to say we do not speak for anyone other than ourselves. We are akin to the tree that owns itself, only that we could be cut down if someone else wanted to because we're human with a penalty to axe damage resistance.
    Neville
    • Blorpy 4312
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Kitchen Cupboard with the PANS
      Wintreath Nation
    Mateo406
  • Former Citizen
  • Love victor and love simon come to mind. There's tons of movies out there depending on what ur looking for (some are about ex gay ministries etc)
    Mateo406
    • Some Were Born to Eternal Night
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Gay
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]