Pages: [1]

Possible Culture Expansion Discussion

Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • Hey folks! Ruguo here, latest Jarl of Culture. (Man, that's wierd to type).I wanted to let you know about a few ideas I have for expanding our culture and could use your opinions on them.

Discord RPs
    The biggest problem I'm noticing in the RP community is lack of activity and commitment over time. So I'd like to test out having shorter, faster paced RPs hosted on the Discord. Would anyone even be interested in this?

Logistically it's work kinda like a DnD session where a group gets together for an hour or two and simply roleplay, and then does the same thing at the next scheduled time. We're not talking huge paragraphs either, more dialogue and stuff. But details can be worked out later if this is something you'd like to see.

Winter festival
    This is something I've been toying around with for a bit now. How would you guys feel about trying to start a second festival, perhaps towards the end of January? Ideally I'd like to see more events popping up as they encourage more activity, but I'll start with just one for now and see how that goes over.

So if you think a second festival would be a good idea, please let me know when you think the best time is.
    If you don't think it is worth the effort to create said festival or just don't think it's a good idea in general, let me know that too.

Weekly ONWW on Discord
    We have a wonderful new tool that I don't think has been fully taken advantage of on the Discord. Would anyone be up for a weekly ONWW night along with our CAH nights?

Minecraft News
    We have quite a few servers/realms that members of the community play on. I was thinking we could have a central space to talk about servers and ongoing projects, making it easier to incorporate new players. It could contain directions to safe sleeping arrangements, locations of bases, current projects, requests for materials, generally what is going on where and when.

Also, if there is enough interest, we could set up a skyblock/skywars area. I'd be more than happy to build something like that on the main server if there is interest.

That's all from me for now. If you have your own suggestions as well, I'd love to hear them! You can leave them here, PM me, or DM me on Discord.
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Boxes: All of them
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    DekuNut
  • Former Citizen
  • The Iceman cometh
  • I've been meaning to check out the Wintreath RP section. If games are run on discord, it'll give me a reason to remain active on Discord too
    DekuNut
    • The Iceman cometh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Unofficial King of Command & Conquer Single Player and Skirmish vs Easy Opponents as any Faction and against any Faction
  • The first three ideas sound good to me although I would probably prefer something other than winter (but that is because I am not a fan of the cold so not really that big of a deal since this is supposed to be the land of eternal winter iirc)  The latter doesn't appeal to me personally only because I don't do Minecraft and it doesn't seem that interesting to me it is a good idea I am sure overall.  I especially like the Discord RP idea I can't guarantee that I would be able to participate often but it sounds interesting especially since this seems to be better for character RPs and I haven't played D&D before so that could be interesting (Arena isn't the same thing as far as I know).

Would it be possible to do a full game of (regular not One Night) Werewolf on Discord in a similar timespan to a game of One Night Werewolf?  That seems like it could be interesting.  Of course if that isn't possible then maybe we could do one over Discord at the same time as the forum Werewolf.  Just an idea I have.
    1 person likes this post: DekuNut
    Peace through Power!!!
    One Vision, One Purpose!!!!!!!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Let us not repeat the mistakes of history.

Now tell me.  What do you see?
    Imaginative Kane
    • Wintreath's Unofficial King of Command & Conquer Single Player and Skirmish vs Easy Opponents as any Faction and against any Faction
    • Young pessimistic technologically challenged somewhat ignorant animal and especially cat loving idiot.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    DekuNut
  • Former Citizen
  • The Iceman cometh
  • I would also like to mention that Discord RPs can be done regularly, not just like D&D. With how much of a struggle it usually is to get people in varying timezones together to play D&D, that's another option, just moving the RPs as they stand to a more active place.
    And yes, it is possible to play Werewolf on Discord, just as it's possible to do RPs. We'd just need people to be willing to play there rather than here. Nothing about werewolf is inherent to forums.
    1 person likes this post: Imaginative Kane
    DekuNut
    • The Iceman cometh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • That is nice to know.  I am not proposing doing games exclusively on either side, just proposing doing one on Discord and on the forums (in case anyone thinks I am trying to remove Werewolf from the forums).
    2 people like this post: DekuNut, Marzipan
    Peace through Power!!!
    One Vision, One Purpose!!!!!!!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Let us not repeat the mistakes of history.

Now tell me.  What do you see?
    Imaginative Kane
    • Young pessimistic technologically challenged somewhat ignorant animal and especially cat loving idiot.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
  • Winds of Winter Festival. :P
    1 person likes this post: Ruguo
    Red Mones
    • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • I like the idea of more RPs and of a winter festival.
    1 person likes this post: Red Mones
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Marzipan
  • Former Citizen
  • Oh to be awake but still blissfully dreaming
  • A winter festival, you say? OwO

Also, I'd kill for some more RP. I've been pestering folks about the houses lately, mostly just because I don't wanna do the space RP right now but I wanna do stuff.

Regional Resume
    Citizen: June 28, 2019-  the Schism and then March 4, 2022 to Present

Member of the Noble House of Eske
    Operator: December 30th, 2022 - Present
    Jarl of Culture: September 15th, 2022 - Present
    Ambassador to Forest and Europeia (since Sept 2022)
    Creator of the Dungeon Masters (Est. April 2022)
    Creator and Co-Host of the Dungeon Tourneys (CAHpocalypse - May 2022)
    Wintreath's Finest x5 (July 2019, March 2022, April 2022, Mid-Year 2022, Year 2022)
    Wintreath’s Most Mentioned
    Spirit of Wintreath Mid-Year 2022 and Year 2022

Formerly:
    Hearthkeeper: March 12, 2022 - December 28th, 2022
    Thane of Foreign Releases: September 8th, 2022 - December 8th, 2022
    Thane of Gaming: March 20th, 2022 - September 15th, 2022
    Co-Host of Werewolf XXVII: A Golden Affair
    Skrifa/Speaker Pro Tempore of the 36th Underhusen
    Former Ambassador to Sonindia and the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Member of the Noble House of Kaizer and the joint Noble House of Valeria-Jormunr
    Marzipan
    • Oh to be awake but still blissfully dreaming
    • Wintreath's Official Julia Child
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Them/Theirs
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • Generally, I think the Minecraft subforum and #minecraft on our Discord are good spaces for talking about our various Minecraft communities.

In particular I'd encourage people to plug their servers and Realms there considering that I know that some exist that have only been talked about on the Discord server.

Perhaps we can discuss with Wintermoot about making that subforum about Minecraft talk in general (though I understand his reluctance to support non-official Minecraft servers).
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • It looks like you're hitting the ground running. :) Here's my thoughts:

Discord RPs and ONWW
    I think for these it's as simple as someone saying "We're going to have this on x day at y time", and just pick a day and time that's best for the host. That's what I did with Cards Against Humanity, and only once has there been a time where absolutely nobody else showed up. I would be willing to create a roleplay IC/OOC channel for a RP that I felt had a significant amount of interest.

Winter Festival
    I'm not against it, but these take a lot of time and effort to put together, and with Summersend this year we saw what can happen when some of the few people involved get busy...I was personally much busier than anticipated, and a few other people were as well or couldn't do the things they'd wanted to do for Summersend at all, which is why it wasn't quite as active as in past years. It may be that the festival events and activities should be created well in advance of the festival, and maybe by winter something like clubs will be in place that can take some of the pressure off.

Minecraft
    Minecraft in Wintreath is just...a mess right now. The official server is pretty much inactive, and at some point we need to decide whether we should continue it, reform it in some way, or outright get rid of it. A number of unofficial servers have had their time in the sun, only to fade after a month or two...it just seems like people get bored with Minecraft in any format after awhile. Obviously, I would prefer to promote the official server as long as we have one, but unofficial servers are free to set up shop on the forums and Discord too.
    2 people like this post: Arenado, taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation