Pages: [1]

All About Cards Against Humanity

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Wintreath Cards Against Humanity Games
    When? Fridays: 9:15PM Eastern or host your own anytime!
    Where? #zaphyr Channel on Discord

The Joy of Cards Against Humanity

What is Cards Against Humanity (CAH)?
    Cards Against Humanity is a party game where players fill in the blank of a given sentence or phrase with words from cards that they've been dealt, in order to try to make the funniest sentence. The card czar for that round then judges which solution was funniest, and the player who created it gets one awesome point. The person who reaches a certain amount of awesome points first (usually 7) wins the game. Our version of Cards Against Humanity was created by @Wuufu and ran by Zaphyr, our Discord bot, on the #zaphyr bot of our Discord chat server.

Who can play CAH in Wintreath?
    Anybody on the Discord server! Citizen, non-citizen, visitor...doesn't matter. If you're on our chat server, which is open to all, you can play!

How do I play CAH in Wintreath?
    Once a host had started a game, you will want to type .cjoin in #zaphyr to join in the game. When you do, you should receive a DM from Zaphyr. Once the game starts, this is where you will type out game commands.

When playing, each of your answer cards will be numbered, to play them just type .play x, where x is the number of the card you want to play. Sometimes a sentence will have multiple blanks which need to be filled out with multiple cards, in this case just put in the numbers in the order you want to play them. For example, .play 5 3 will fill out the first blank with your fifth card and the second blank with your third card.

If you are the card czar for the round, once all players have submitted their answers, you will be shown all answers, with each one numbered. All you have to do is type .fav x, where x is the number of the answer you think is funniest, to judge the round.

How do I host my own games of CAH?
    Hosting is very simple! To start a game, type .cah in #zaphyr to open the game for players to join. Then once all players have joined, type .deal to start the game. Afterwards, the game runs exactly the same for the host as any other player.

Cards Against Humanity requires three players, but if you only have two or you just want an extra player, you can type .botjoin to have Zaphyr join the game as a NPC!

Can I make new cards for Wintreath CAH?
    Yes! We have many custom cards in our version of the game, even cards that reference NationStates and Wintrean culture. Check out this page for more information on how to submit new cards for consideration to add to the game!
    4 people like this post: Wuufu, taulover, Imaginative Kane, _zM
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 06:23:39 PM by Wintermoot »

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual