Pages: [1]

[DISCUSSION] Prohibition on Citizenship within the New Pacific Order

Katie
  • Former Citizen
  • The Cheese
    Title
    1. This act is to be cited as the Prohibition on Citizenship within the New Pacific Order.

Amendments
    2. Section 2.1 of the Citizenship and Demonym Act is amended to read as follows:
    Citizens are required to keep the nation with which they gained citizenship within the region unless they inform the person or agency empowered to accept or reject citizenship applications (per relevant law) of any desired change in citizenship nation. Citizens that have made five (5) posts on the Wintreath forums during the previous calendar month, after their second month of citizenship, are exempted from this requirement. Any individual wishing to obtain citizenship must have a nation within the region to qualify for citizenship. No current citizen of the New Pacific Order is eligible for Citizenship within the realm.

Quote from: Chanku, 30th Term
    I introduce this act as a last-minute act to discuss this, recently the New Pacific Order has been revealed to have infiltrated multiple regions including Lazarus (pre-Civil War and during the Civil War), TRR, Osiris and other regions. This was overseen and ran by the Pacific government, with knowledge of the Emperor, and as such at this time it is in the best interests for regional security to prohibit dual citizenship.

Quote from: Katie
    I am reintroducing this act, with some changes to wording and grammar, to the floor of the Underhusen for consideration. This may be a bit late in the game, but I do think we still need to take a stance on this. If need be, we could modify this to be a resolution, but the amendment to the Citizenship and Demonym Act would be an added (albeit minor) security measure.

As there was no existing topic in the Citizen's Platform for the original version of this bill, I have added it here now.

@Wuufu
    @Wintermoot
    @Aragonn
    @Cinciri
    @trader

for the Overhusen's convenience.
    1 person likes this post: Treeguard
    Lady Katherine Ostergaard
    Countess of Osterfell, Matriarch of the Noble House of Ostergaard

Resumé
    Contact
    Discord: Katie#3933

Wintreath
      • Fmr. Thane of WA Affairs
      • Fmr. Jarl of Foreign Affairs
      • Fmr. Skrifa in the 29th-34th & 36th Sessions of the Underhusen
      • Fmr. Officer of Information in the 29th-34th Sessions of the Underhusen
      • Fmr. Speaker Pro Tempore in the 33rd Underhusen
      • Fmr. Thane of Integration
      • Fmr. Thane of Embassies

Other
    • Fmr. Councillor of World Assembly Affairs in Cynosure
    • Fmr. Outreach Officer of the Rejected Realms
    • Fmr. Kaetunet of the 1st House of Commons of the Holy Reich of Bunicken
    • Fmr. Grand Councillor in Grand Central
    • Fmr. Local Councillor in the South Pacific
    Katie
    • The Cheese
    • hoh
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Ostergaard
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • When did this become a thing again? ;-;

Personally, I think Wintreath should strive for neutrality in this "war". I understand that many of the regions that declared war on the NPO have legitimate causes to, especially the GCRs that the NPO attempted to subvert. But I don't see any reason for us to get involved one way or the other, except perhaps to score brownie points with regions at war with the NPO, which alone should not be a factor in changing our Citizenship policy. There isn't even a practical reason to prohibit Citizenship, as only one person from the NPO has ever applied for Citizenship here, which is what led to the last prohibition being dropped.
    4 people like this post: Laurentus, Michi, HannahB, taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    trader
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath's Unofficial Official Merchant
  • I haven't really been keeping up with any of the NS drama, so maybe I'm the wrong person to talk about this. I don't see the benefit in doing this? I don't imagine that there's anything to really "subvert" in Wintreath, although maybe there is something NS side that might matter. But, given the fact that I don't know enough about this, if this does end up in the OH, I will abstain from voting until I do know enough to make an educated decision.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Remember, there is no reason to panic, nothing is on fire.
    trader
    • Wintreath's Unofficial Official Merchant
    • Mercury 'trader' Kestar
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I have to echo that I don't entirely understand the need for this at the moment.

But I also will disagree with the neutrality bit.  If it were to escalate, then we'd need to take a side eventually, or risk losing relations with some or a good number of our allies in the process, since I doubt they'd really be as open as we are to Wintreath remaining neutral toward something they're fighting against.

Personally, I don't like the idea of having to take a side, but as long as we're a region like we are...and not one like the Nationstates region (aka one that has no political aspect and is more just about the fun of the game), then I don't particularly see being neutral as a viable option.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • As a UCR Wintreath has no need for a proscription on the NPO. The NPO doesn't like and doesn't like to be involved with, any UCRs aside from the few protectorates they've ever had. It goes against their ideology (Francoism for those who don't know) so they're no threat to Wintreath because they have no need to be one.
    3 people like this post: Laurentus, Michi, taulover
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I have to echo that I don't entirely understand the need for this at the moment.

But I also will disagree with the neutrality bit.  If it were to escalate, then we'd need to take a side eventually, or risk losing relations with some or a good number of our allies in the process, since I doubt they'd really be as open as we are to Wintreath remaining neutral toward something they're fighting against.

Personally, I don't like the idea of having to take a side, but as long as we're a region like we are...and not one like the Nationstates region (aka one that has no political aspect and is more just about the fun of the game), then I don't particularly see being neutral as a viable option.
    I don't see it escalating, in fact as it is the "war" hasn't involved much more than people sniping at each other in NSGP, and most people seem to have already lost interest and moved on to other things. I suspect regions will keep the war on their books for some time to come for symbolic reasons, but I don't foresee much movement in practice, much less the stated goal of "NPO Delenda Est".
    3 people like this post: Michi, taulover, Treeguard

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation