Pages: [1]

Expansion of Citizenship Amendment Act [Discussion]

HannahB
  • Former Citizen
  • Nuclear Soldermancer
  • For clarification the goal of this act is to allow members who do not currently have a nationstates nation in the region or at all to retain citizenship.

Expansion of Citizenship Amendment Act
    Title
    1)
    This act shall be titled as the Expansion of Citizenship Amendment Act.

Amendments and Additions
    2)
    The Citizenship and Demonym Act shall be amended to add section 6, which shall read as follows:
    6. Expansion of Citizenship
      6.1 The requirement of a citizenship nation, noted in section 2.2 of this act, can be waived without granting Paragon status as stated in section 3.
      6.2 This exemption may be issued or repealed by either the Monarch or Storting.

This is open for members of the Underhusen to discuss.

EDIT: corrected spelling/grammar - changed the "waved" in section 6.1 to "waived"; added a full-stop/period to the end of section 1.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:38:54 PM by HannahB »
    HannahB
    • Nuclear Soldermancer
    • "You can not fight for Peace, you can only fight for War"
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Everden
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • I wholeheartedly approve.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • I do not. It feels rather elitist, this isn't a privilege we would bestow on new members. However, in a thread about this topic(Linked in the Citizens Discussion), Wintermoot proposed a 10 post per month requirement OR a nation in the region that I feel would make sense if we ever want to move beyond NS, or if people in the region at the moment simply do not feel like maintaining their connection to it and this is how I would prefer to do it.
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    Former Thane of Information
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Member of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Lord of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Formerly His Royal Highness, the Viscount Telcontar of Whitby
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Former Minister of Culture of Ainur x2
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ainur x2
    Former Senator of Ainur x2
    Former Deputy Speaker of Ainur
    Other Regions
    Former Prime Minister of the British Isles
    Former Prime Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Culture Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Member of the Parliament of the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Privy Councillor in the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Member of Parliament of the United Kingdom
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The House of Lancaster-Stuart
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    HannahB
  • Former Citizen
  • Nuclear Soldermancer
  • I do not. It feels rather elitist, this isn't a privilege we would bestow on new members. However, in a thread about this topic(Linked in the Citizens Discussion), Wintermoot proposed a 10 post per month requirement OR a nation in the region that I feel would make sense if we ever want to move beyond NS, or if people in the region at the moment simply do not feel like maintaining their connection to it and this is how I would prefer to do it.

When I originally wrote this I had added the 10 post per month requirement that Wintermoot had discussed previously... I changed it to leave it up to Wintermoot or the Storting's discretion, that way if mentally he enforces a 10 post requirement so be it, but it would allow say a new member who maybe someone knows or has a connection to us, to remain a citizen without a NS nation and without any strings attached, as well as providing something for older members whom we aren't really prepared to give Paragon status to something to keep them here in some form...

I understand what you mean by elitist... though I would more say nepotism, and I totally understand that complaint, it's something I really don't like, which is why I tried to make it more difficult by allowing the storting or Monarch to repeal the status if they deem it too much. You are right though and it does still bother me.

The thing is we are a small forum and a small community, something like this seriously wouldn't work if we were large and spanning, but the sad thing is we aren't this way it acutally cuts down on Bureaucracy and involvement because the Strorting and Monarch do not need to monitor the posting or status of members granted this, they would only need to assess and come back to it if an issue arose, which would save time and energy.

All that being said I totally understand your misgivings Elderpion, I can easily imagine myself saying just what you are under different circumstances.
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus
    HannahB
    • Nuclear Soldermancer
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Everden
      Wintreath Nation
    HannahB
  • Former Citizen
  • Nuclear Soldermancer
  • I motion to expedite...

If anyone wishes to present Chanku's alternative act to the UH that is fine as well :)
    HannahB
    • Nuclear Soldermancer
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Everden
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]