Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]

The Stout Snowflake Tavern

Life of Strife
  • Citizen
  • To Clutch

“My steel defender is yours to command during this time. Tell him what to do and he will do it.”

To Akemi 

“Thank you, that means a lot to me. I take great pride in all my work. Although, you needn’t send your wolf to catch it. After you throw it, or it leaves your hand for any reason, simply think about it and the dagger will return to your hand instantly. Give it a try.”
    Life of Strife
    Aport
  • Citizen
  • aka Aportistopireistan
  • Akemi throws the dagger at Windstep’s face, and it returns to her hands a second before it hits his face.
    Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
    Aport
    • aka Aportistopireistan
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      it/its
      Orientation
      unlabeled
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Clutch nods at Aastidiir. "Aye. Before Wintreath, a band of magi had a tower in the area, and that's when the mana storms began here. No clue why...eventually they left when Wintreath was established and people started settling in the area. No clue why there, either. Maybe they didn't like people. Maybe they didn't like Wintreath.", he chuckles. "Long before my time here. I don't know if there'll really be a mana storm. Could just be a really windy normal storm."

As he talks, he begins putting together a simple but hearty breakfast of eggs, fried potatoes, and sausage on a griddle heated by a fire, then spoons out some thick sausage gravy from a cauldron into a bowl. "You know, if it comes to it, we could try putting you in the basement. It has some protection, being underground and a bit shielded by the tavern itself. Plus there's a fair bit of warding I purchased awhile back. It's where I put magical items when it does happen, and so far they haven't been completely drained, at least." Clutch gets a spatula and puts everything on a plate, then sits it and the bowl of gravy in front of Aastidiir.

"Our finest breakfast items. In fact, at the moment our only breakfast items. Enjoy!"

By this time Akemi has joined us in the tavern. "What a show! Do be careful throwing daggers around though. Wouldn't want an accident to befall one of my customers.", he says with a chuckle.. "Would you like some breakfast as well?"

Finally, he turns to Windstep. "Thank you for the offer! Uh...what does a steel defender do exactly? Not sure that the storm is something we can defend ourselves from.", he smiles at his own joke. "And you, would you like some breakfast?"

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Life of Strife
  • Citizen
  • Doesn’t flinch as the dagger flies at him, standing perfectly still and when it reappears in your hand he says with a smirk

“I told you.”

To Clutch

“I would like some breakfast, please. But just imagine my steel defender as a servant. Give it a task to do and it will do it.”
    Life of Strife
    Wintermoot
  • Clutch portions out another serving of the same breakfast for Windstep, placing the meal in front of him. "What sort of tasks do you use your steel defender for?"

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Aport
  • Citizen
  • aka Aportistopireistan
  • Akemi addresses Clutch: “No thank you, I have to be off.  I’m going up north and I hope to make it to Askarnshold before nightfall. The storm will slow me down, so I should leave as soon as possible.”
    Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
    Aport
    • aka Aportistopireistan
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      it/its
      Orientation
      unlabeled
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Clutch replies back "Of course, let me get your meat so you can be on your way." Clutch descends down into the basement, returning a minute later with the pack of meat she left with him the night before and sitting it on the bar on front of her.

"There you go, just as you left it. Are you sure you won't have anything? I could put some sausage in a biscuit for the road if you'd like."

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • "Mr. Clutch, about how long would you say we have before this mana storm hits? I'd like to do some reading by the fireplace before I am locked away in your 'dungeon'." He chuckles a bit.
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Clutch laughs at the joke, then pauses for a moment, thinking the question over. "I'm not an expert, but I'd guess the worst of it would start tonight. It'll get windier, and it might start snowing before then, but if it's a mana storm I don't think it would make itself known before tonight. Even if it's not, I think we're in for a lot of wind and snow."

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • "It seems I have plenty of time." After finishing his breakfast, Aastidiir walks over to his bag where it sits by the fireplace and settles down. He then opens his bag, pulls out the book from the night before, and begins reading.
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Life of Strife
  • Citizen
  • To Aastidiir

“If you would like sir, I can craft an item for you that will allow you to read much faster. You can get through any book in a matter of minutes”
    Life of Strife
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Aastidiir responds without looking up from his reading material. "I do not simply read the book. I take in the information and analyze it, reason it and cross reference it with other information I already know. It is a learning experience. If I wanted to simply read the book, I could be done with it in just a couple of hours."
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Clutch chuckles at the exchange. "You know, it's not always about doing something as fast as you can. Sometimes it's worthwhile to take your time and savor the experience. Or to analyze, reason, and cross reference what you're reading! Take our tavern stew. Sure, I could get the fire real hot and make it in under an hour, but then you wouldn't have a hearty stew where flavors come together. You'd just have a broth with different tasting ingredients."

A pause "And no, I don't need anything to cook stew faster." Another chuckle, as Clutch goes back to the fires and behind him, finishing up breakfast for anyone else who might like some this morning.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]