Pages: [1]

Has anyone ever been sexually harassed in a gay bar?

Rupacia
  • Former Citizen
  • I've had my dick grabbed twice this month when going out. I'm getting an eerie feeling from my own experience and that of my gay friends that this happens quite often.

What are your experiences?
    Rupacia
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • I've never been to a gay bar, but I wouldn't be surprised. I recently posted a topic about how sex seems to be a prominent part of the gay community, especially with gay men.

But even then, that sort of behaviour is unacceptable...one should keep their hands to themselves unless they have permission otherwise.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    NyghtOwl
  • Former Citizen
  • Nocturnus Cantankorous
  • I've actually been groped by more women than men. It's a big joke to them because, "it doesnt count. I'm gay."
    NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
  • That is such a shitty attitude. I'd imagine if the positions were swapped, they would absolutely feel violated (as they should be). Why they can't extend the same to you is beyond me.
    Red Mones
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I'm in the same boat as Nyght.  With guys in or out of the bar, it's usually just sexually charged wordplay and pickup lines.  With women, I've had my ass grabbed, poked, slapped, their hands gotten really close on my thighs, and one even put their hand right on my crotch one time just so they could feel it.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Alas, I have never been and likely never will without a change in attitude around here.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Rupacia
  • Former Citizen
  • That is such a shitty attitude. I'd imagine if the positions were swapped, they would absolutely feel violated (as they should be). Why they can't extend the same to you is beyond me.

There's an element of truth to this attitude. While it's quite shitty, women oftentimes face much more danger when it comes to these things and therefore have a reason to feel more scared.

Rupacia
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • I mean it's shitty that women think it's ok to sexually assault them.
    1 person likes this post: NyghtOwl
    Red Mones
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Mormont Milk of Switzaland
  • Former Citizen
  • Egalitarian Leader
  • I've had my dick grabbed twice this month when going out. I'm getting an eerie feeling from my own experience and that of my gay friends that this happens quite often.

What are your experiences?

I was sexually assaulted in a bar.  Don't really want to get into the details because... reasons.  I have known plenty of guys who have been assaulted in/at bars ranging from groping to rape.  My best friend who is a straight woman has been groped by men at gay bars too because... well she has large boobs.  I don't go to many bars any more since my assault.
    Mormont Milk of Switzaland
    • Egalitarian Leader
    • "What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • I am so sorry that happened to you. Please accept my internet hugs. :)
    Red Mones
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Again, I haven't been in one myself, but it seems like for most people gay bars aren't a good experience for gay people. The people who have ever told me they've mostly had good experiences in them are a minority. =/

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • I mean, I guess I'm in that minority since I've never had any bad experiences at gay bars...just guys with really bad pickup lines that are obviously there in hopes to end the night with a hookup.

But then again, I'm also not a woman, and I'll be the first to admit that a lot of gay guys can get oddly "close" when it comes to women.  After all, they're not sexually attracted to them, so it's perfectly okay to touch them and grope them and be overall "joking" with them in really questionably physical ways since you have absolutely no attraction to them and just want to jokingly motorboat their boobs and goose dat ass, right? right?

Yeah, no.  Hell, I've had women that have given me permission to actually motorboat them since I've never done it before, and I still refuse.  I'm not attracted to you, so why the hell would I want to get near your boobs, let alone motorboat them?  It's not funny, at least to me, it's weird.  And uncomfortable.  And just overall feels wrong.  Likewise, I really never understood the appeal of goosing someone, or even slapping their ass.  It all just feels strange to me, and the thought of doing that to even my female friends just doesn't feel right, even if we're close enough friends and I know they're cool with it.

The most physical contact I'll ever get with a female is hugging them in a hug that they have communicated in the very least with their body language that they're okay with or are even needing.  Anything beyond that just seems like too much.

But since I've had the reverse from drunk straight women in non-straight bars though, I completely understand women in those situations in gay bars and the downright awkward and incredibly uncomfortable nature of it.  You don't want to say anything because of differing reasons (for me it's because I dislike conflict, and I'm always afraid that saying no will cause them to get angry and go into a rage of words and possibly worse), and overall it just leaves you feeling hideously violated.
    « Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 11:29:42 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria