Pages: [1]

What is Wintreath? A Purpose Document for a Community of Friends

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Summary
    Wintreath is a community of friends who have fun together, whether it’s chatting, gaming, or role playing together. As a community of friends, we’re a safe place for you to be who you are, and as a gaming community we do forum and Discord gaming, have a presence on the political simulator NationStates, and occasionally do video gaming such as Among Us. We even do some role playing here and there, if that’s what suits you. We’re a place where you can kick back, relax, and have fun with some awesome people. Hope to see you there!

The following is an elaboration created by the Citizens' Council for Wintreath's 7th birthday:

What is Wintreath?
    Wintreath is a place where you can do just about anything, from fun and games to roleplay to taking part in our own self-governance, but that’s only the surface of who we are. When I ask our regulars what makes Wintreath special to them, almost every answer is about the community: the relationships that empower it, the ideals and principles that reflect who we are, and the things we do together as friends.

In fact, those answers can be summarized in a few points. These points explain who we are, what we do, and why we’re here. They’re the core of our community which everything else revolves around. They’re the ideals and principles that we dedicate ourselves to realizing, even if we occasionally fall short. It’s what it means to be Wintrean.

Wintreath as a Home
    Wintreath is a drama-free and close-knit home where you’re free to be yourself, without judgement, and be treated with civility and respect so long as you treat others in kind. It’s a place where people from all backgrounds and walks of life have the opportunity to make an impact and develop the friendships that drive our community.

Wintreath as a Family
    Our relationships are the heart of our community and what makes our home special to those who are a part of it. Often we make friends with our fellow Wintreans, but sometimes we bring our friends from elsewhere to share our home with us. Either way, Wintreath is a place to hang out with our friends and share ourselves with each other.

Wintreath as a Life
    Our games, contests, and culture are top-notch, but at the end of the day the best thing about them is that they’re with our friends and comrades. They’re just another way we have fun together and enjoy each others’ company. Our fun and games revolve around our community, not the other way around, because win or lose it’s always fun playing with people you like.

For those who are new, I hope this has helped you understand the group that you're now a part of. For those that have been around awhile, I hope this has been a reminder that you're part of something special to a lot of people for these reasons. We are not perfect, we sometimes fall short of our ideals, and it can be easy to become disheartened when that happens. However, I hope that remembering these things will encourage us to overcome those times, embrace each other, and rededicate ourselves to what we love about our community...so that the name Wintrean continues to represent something special.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]