Pages: [1]

The Persian's Journey

The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   If you are reading this, then, somehow, I have misplaced this journal of my travels. Not just any travels, no, but the travels of I, The Golden Persian. I have taken it upon myself to travel across the land of Wintreath, writing my experiences and stories along the way in the language that all can read to gain a better understanding of the land and culture that I choose to reside in for the time being. I have always been an explorer, a traveler, a being of stories and journeys.

This journal may have been misplaced, but perhaps it was its time time to be misplaced. Perhaps, wherever this journal may have been found, has been picked up by a being who will suddenly be inspired. Perhaps, after reading through it, they will give it to the next person, or have it published and spread across the lands. Or perhaps yoou will just set it down right here and now, and someone else will pick it up...or not.

In any case, I do dearly hope that this journal, if misplaced, does in the end make its way back to me. I have many more stories to tell, after all. For now, though, whoever has it, take a peek, however small or large, at my thoughts, my vision, my experiences, and my dreams. Take a look through my eyes, the eyes of eons, at the world around you. Then maybe, take that same look around yourself...
    1 person likes this post: Omega
    Age-old Extra-Terrestrial Being of Wintreath.

Has the sworn loyalty of the Extra-Terrestrial Azure, the Demonic Mercenary Nova Arrakis Polaris, and the fiery Italian Ignazio Prospero.

In a complicated relationship with Jonewest, Eternal Queen of the Hill.
    The Golden Persian
    • Across the Cosmos lay the Imagination of Humanity
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •  I am currently held within the inn of Stranglor Outpost. A little place of human civilization out here in the cold, darkening wilderness. Currently within the inn are some Hvitt Riddaral soldiers out for a drink, some foresters, and a couple of the shop keeps. Outside a small snowdrift keeps the people inside the cozy, warm, wooden inn. I have in my hand some warm tea, as I write. My time here so far since my arrival has been rather slow. I was only able to stop within the confines of the outpost before the snow started up, and I was unable to stock. Yet, the warm fire feels great, the tea soothes me, and I payed for a room to stay in till tomorrow.

I do plan on several things during my stay here: Go into what the locals call The Schism, possibly look for some of the bandit's treasure, if I have the chance, and, if I have the chance, perhaps catch the sunset before returning to the lodgings I am renting.

Now, I here a lute playing in the background, a minstrel! Perhaps I should strike up a conversation and have him sing a couple stories of the area. Per chance relay one in my journal for later.

Has the sworn loyalty of the Extra-Terrestrial Azure, the Demonic Mercenary Nova Arrakis Polaris, and the fiery Italian Ignazio Prospero.

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  • ''The Bandits ran, and scattered about,
     as the army came and stayed,
     and now attempt to take back the land,
     for their treasure is at stake.''

I sit now under a tree within The Schism, that separates Spiritus from Wintreath. I sit upon the moist ground, humming the lyrics of the songs that the travelling Minstrel sang about last night. I have yet to find any of the supposed treasure of the bandits, though I did find some interesting herbs, mushrooms, and fungi in the surrounding area. The area is in rather deep contrast to the rest of the land in temperature.

The valley itself is an interesting place, its significance as the separation of Spiritus and Wintreath blatantly clear just from the name. I myself don't know much about Spiritus, though stories circulate about it, especially when it comes to the Monarch.

In any case, I shall end this entry. I believe I have spent a rather interesting time in the Stranglor Outpost, as secluded as it is from the rest of the region. The area was beautiful, its people nice and helpful, and is one of the few places that is not truly cold. What a brilliant place.

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   I sit now, a days journey from the nearest village. It is rather cold, but I have started a fire, and am now going to sit through the night. The stars are particularly bright tonight. As I look up, I see the past. The light from these stars are ancient, more ancient then I, then this planet, then some of the many worlds out there. One can almost feel the history of the Universe, the vibrations of time.

I'm about to witness a testament of history of this region however. It is what is Broen av Frossen Evighet, The Bridge of Frozen Eternity. Secluded by the surrounding witness, not many witness its glory. I, however, am taking the challenge, hiking through the frozen glades to this historical sight. Hopefully, I'll find some sign that the legend is true, that the astronomer did find this ritual, that maybe the eternal winter of Wintreath did start at that location. If not,well....I will be seeing what time has still not desecrated with its claws.

Yes, there stars are especially bright tonight...

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   I stand now upon the alabaster bridge, with its carved ruins of the planets and stars. Looking down into the frozen waters below, one can see much. I can see the glint of some gems, and a bone that seems to be carried midstream before it was frozen. On the ledge of this bridge, I find an astrological sign, one that I find very dear. Its a sign, that, when found in the night sky, shows my home. Amazing how I find it now, scrawled upon the surface of this bridge. Here is a sketch:

Spoiler

I look over at the tower, on one end of the broken bridge. I could attempt to cross, attempt to get into the tower, see what is inside. Perhaps it is some long lost outpost. Or maybe the astronomer is still in there, still in horror at what he had caused, an eternal winter. But I shant. I'll leave it a mystery for now. Maybe one day...but not today.....

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   I have just reached the Gråskygge Pass, in the territory of Erivale. On either side of me are the Oldedge Mountains, expanding high and away. It is much colder this far North then some of the other areas I have been, and even the many, many...MANY layers I am wearing are not enough to stop the cold hitting my flesh. Its hard to imagine anyone living at the Gråskygge Outpost, though, the stories I've heard about the people hear...well, apparently, they can take on the native ursine with their bare hands, so I have no doubt these mighty people can handle some cold.
    1 person likes this post: Wintermoot

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   What a night! I arrived at the Gråskygge Outpost last yesterday evening, and was greeted and met rather well by the inhabitants. Despite their rather intimidating looks, them on average being 6'3'' or so, bearded,and very scruffy, they seem very friendly to incomers, though, the location would dictate that they are very. very few and far in between.

I was taken out for the night by several of the men to the tavern, a very warm and cozy place, for a night of whiskey and rum. The local folk music played all night, one instrument seeming to be a cross between a piano and a harmonica was played. The local rum they call "Berserkin" is a must have if I am to ever visit again.

After the night, they were even kind enough to pay for my lodgings at the inn. The location might be in a place were blizzards call home, and were giant ursine roam, but the people, while hardy and big, are as friendly as anyone else, even more so. I can only imagine the farewell party I'll get...

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •  I sit in the Gondola right now, heading towards the N'al Reissvelt Castle. The cliff face is quite high, yet I am now beginning to see the stone of the castle itself. I find this place quite interesting, as it is a place that is both the outpost for the military and a cultural hub of artisans and intellectuals. Creation and destruction lies here.

I look down outside and see the plains far below me. It would be quite an interesting story, I would presume, to know the reasons this castle was built so high up...

Ahh, the Gondola is nearing the stop. Let us see what is inside this majestic place...

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   I sit in one of the artists chambers. He is a sculptist, apparently, and quite an affluent one here as it seems. I look about the room at several of his works, some half completed, others almost done. It smells of clay and stone.

I always had an affinity to beings who could create. I'm not sure why. One of the reasons I must love this place so much. Rooms upon rooms of murals, mosaics, artists painting and drawing and making. Intellectuals coming up with new ideas, debating old ones, there dialogue music to my ears. I feel like I've been here for weeks, when it has already been five days. I would stay longer too, though I probably won't, lest I get too caught up and forget ever to leave. In the background I hear the familiar sound of some bells ringing calling the military men to place. Even they have an artistic way to them, with their formations and discipline. Humans have some amazing attributes to them some time.

Ahh, I believe I hear the sculptist returning. Apparently, he heard I was here, and asked to make a sculpture in my likeness. I, of course, modestly accepted. He said something along the lines of "I will sculpt you like one of my Frostlake boys!" He comes from Frostlake apparently. I wonder how he sculpts them. Or the special treat he said he would give me for my time, despite my insistence that it is unnecessary.

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   I watch as the Gondola takes me down. I was there for a fortnight, much longer then expected. But of course, I had to wait for the sculptist to finish the sculpture of me. I am going to remember that human. Fantastic human really, especially after getting to know him over the course of my stay. Didn't like to see me leave, but he understands. My muse calls me, and his muse calls him.

The sculpture looks magnificent as well. Says it is one of his greatest works with marble. He presented it in the courtyard where he first asked me. A very tasteful nude, if I so say so myself. He is such a romantic.

In any case, he gave me a bracelet before I left. He sculpted it out of silver and had it inlaid with some pearls. Said, it was a gift for my leaving. I look down upon it, knowing I will revisit this place again. You don't meet many humans like him...

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   I sit upon the the staircase outside of Helmgrad, looking over the East Sea. It's night, and I have a bottle of nice hot cocoa, watching the waves crash and the boats move across the waters. Azure is to my side, having decided to go on the escapade with me. I look over at him, slightly jealous his people evolved in what obviously seems a much colder climate, as all he is wearing is a simple pair of pants and a tank-top. I only even believe he is wearing that so as not to make the other humans uncomfortable.

I see him staring up. Plenty of stars are out tonight, and I can tell he is looking for his own star. One day humans will begin to feel this. Some might imagine that traveling and living upon different planets is amazing. It most certainly is...but they evolved on this planet, came out of this planets very being. There will always be a sense of homesickness, a primordial feeling of dissonance. I feel it, Azure feels it, and all other space travelers I met who come from a planet know it.

I believe it is time to head inside, into the orange glow of Helmgrad. Azure is fascinated by these lights...

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   I sit on the shore of Frost Lake, totally soaked from the water. Apparently, Hammerfell has cliff diving. It was rather exhilarating as well. Earths atmosphere and gravity are superb.

Looking up, I can see the Hammerfell castle. I have plans to be up there tonight. Going to have dinner with the Stark family and the Meindhart dynasty. Haven't seen them in a while, so it will be good to catch up. Maybe after walk about the town. Apparently one of the theatres will be doing a rendition of the satirical play, "When I was a Spiritan". Should be quite a laugh...

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    The Golden Persian
  • Former Citizen
  •   Well, it's three o'clock in the morning. I'm stuffed with food, full of comedic thoughts about the Monarch and Spiritus, and am currently in a workshop where a fine human specimen of a woman is preparing me a good walking stick. She must be from Erivale! Or descended from there...

In any case, we met at the theatre, where she had some very strong views on the play. We had a very enlightening discussion, and, eventually telling her about my adventures, she offered to make me a  walking stick.I humbly agreed, having been needing one. Upon asking her why she offered, she said I was one of the few people who matched her in a debate, and it was such a pleasure that she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart...and that I better stop questioning if I still wanted it. Ahh, humans...

The Golden Persian
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]